John Cabot University, Rome:
Receive an American university education in the heart of Rome with John Cabot University! The largest overseas American liberal arts university in Italy, JCU is accredited by the American Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. We provide 4-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) and 2-year Associate of Arts (AA) degree programs to students from the U.S. and worldwide. In addition, we offer a Master of Arts (MA) in Art History, semester and year-long study abroad programs, and summer programs. The language of instruction is English.
• With 1,200 students, JCU has a truly international appeal, as faculty and staff are dedicated to international education and students come from over 60 countries worldwide.
• Students come from over 130 universities that include major US public and private national and regional universities and universities outside the US.
• Whether you are considering studying in Rome with us for four years, or as a visiting student for one year or semester, JCU, with its prestigious and dedicated faculty, and its rich and rigorous curricular offerings, will provide an unforgettable academic experience whose fruits you will enjoy for a lifetime.
• John Cabot University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. We are incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in the State of Delaware and is licensed to award our degrees by the Delaware Department of Education.
• The University is authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education to operate as a four-year American university in Italy.
• The mission of the University is to provide an educational experience firmly rooted in the American tradition of the liberal arts and solidly international in orientation.
• The academic programs are designed to use to the fullest extent the special resources of a multicultural faculty, an international student body and the extraordinarily rich culture and history of Rome and the surrounding region.
• A distinguished, international faculty and staff and a student population representing over 55 countries combine to create an unparalleled learning environment.
• Opportunities for interaction among faculty, staff and students are provided on an on-going basis in a variety of ways: through organized social and cultural opportunities within the University; through contacts outside the University with international scholars, leaders from business and government, and students from the other universities in Rome; and through academic, personal and career advising.
• Students benefit greatly from our small class sizes with classes ranging from 3-25 students, with an average of 15 students per class.
• A primary goal of the instructional program of the University is to provide each student with the academic preparation needed for life-long learning & personal fulfillment in an increasingly multicultural environment. Graduates of the University have been impressively successful in assuming roles of responsibility in their chosen fields and in pursuing advanced studies at prestigious institutions in Europe and the United States.
• Family-like Community: John Cabot University prides itself on being a small, family-like community where professors and students can mix freely and work together to attain educational and personal goals.
• Small classes allow for individualized attention and we have 180 different courses to choose from. Extra curricular activities and internships with leading multinational organizations, allow students to benefit widely from their experience, far beyond the rigorous academic programs.
• A large percentage of our graduates pursue further studies and careers in international settings. Internationally-educated students find that their credentials for job advancement and career development are well-respected and are often superior to those of others who have not had the benefit of international experience and training available at the University.
• John Cabot University not only gives you the location—la bella Roma, with its access to Europe, the Middle East and Northern Africa—it also gives you an outstanding university with: more than 100 professors from all over the world; 200 classes (the average class size is 15 student); On-site experiences, study trips and extra-curricular activities.
• A charming, historic campus in the center of Rome and more modern campus nearby on the Tiber River—both are wireless.
• Extra curricular activities and internships with leading multinational organizations, allow students to benefit widely from their experience, far beyond the rigorous academic programs.
Students from around the world can come to John Cabot University for a semester or a year or four-year undergraduate bachelor degree programs.
Our graduates are accepted at top-tier universities in the US, UK, Italy, and other European countries. We offer:
• Study Abroad Degree Programs
• Year-long and Semester Abroad Programs
• Summer Study Programs
JCU offers four-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Associate of Arts (AA) degree programs in the following areas:
- Business and Economics:
Business Administration; Economics and Finance; International Business; Marketing
- Political and Social Sciences:
International Affairs; Political Science; Communications
Art History; Classical Studies; English Literature; History; Humanistic Studies; Italian Studies
- Honors Courses:
Students who achieve high levels of academic excellence (minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5) have the option of taking specially designated “Honors Courses.”
- Masters Degree Program:
Master of Arts (MA) in Art History
JCU also offers its four year degree-seeking students the opportunity to study at universities in the United States as well as several international locations.
This enriching opportunity contributes to educational growth and cultural awareness in general and helps prepare students for careers in international fields.
It is possible for JCU students to apply directly to study abroad at any regionally accredited American university or any national university that is recognized by a country’s higher education authority.
JCU offers degree-seeking and visiting students the opportunity to participate in exclusive internship programs. Through our unique relationship with leading multinational corporations, media, international organizations and embassies, we offer about 150 internship programs each semester.
Internships can be taken either for academic credit or purely for valuable hands on experience within your chosen field of interest.
If English is not your native language and you didn’t attend an institution where classes were taught in English, please submit your TOEFL score (minimum score – 213 in the computer test or 550 in the traditional, paper test), ibTOEFL 85+ or IELTS 6.5+.
• Giovanni Caboto or John Cabot, as he was later called when he sailed under the English flag, was a skilled Italian navigator and explorer of the 15th century, and a citizen of Venice. He engaged in eastern trade in that city, and it was this experience that became the stimulus for his later explorations.
• After leaving Venice, he spent several years in Valencia and Seville, and in the 1480s he went to the English port of Bristol, where he established his base for exploration and discovery.
• Independently of Christopher Columbus, John Cabot envisioned the possibility of reaching Asia by sailing westward. England, hoping to profit from any trade Cabot might establish with the New World, gave support to his efforts to sail to unknown lands and to return with goods.
• Cabot sailed from Bristol in 1497 and discovered Newfoundland and Cape Breton Island on the North American coast.
• We at John Cabot University are proud to bear the name of such an illustrious Italian, who opened the channels for further exploration to North America and thus forged a link between Italy and the Americas that has lasted over five hundred years.
• "I am a visiting student from Michigan State University. I am studying here at John Cabot to get some smaller class sizes compared to my large ones at Michigan State. I love Italy, the people here are amazing and of course the food and the culture!"
Jamie, Grand Rapids, Michigan
• “It’s an experience that is unparalleled by any other, and Rome is definitely a city that will teach you a lot about the world as well as about yourself.”
Andrea, Miami, Florida
• "My major here is Business Administration. I chose to come to study here in Rome because I knew that John Cabot University will give me a great opportunity to get better chances in life and to pursue a career in the field of International Business.
• “John Cabot wants to nurture students to achieve the highest standard of excellence in their studies as they can.”
Matthew - Arkansas, USA
• “JCU professors prepared me very well for my semester abroad in New York City.”
Wei - Wenzhou, China
Specific Contact Pages: - Semester Abroad
- Bachelor Degree
- Associate Degree
- Business & Economics
- International Affairs
- Political & Social Sciences
- Art History
- Classical Studies
- Contact Page for Parents
- International Business
- Humanities Degrees
- Masters in Art History
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 233 Via della Lungara, Rome, Italy|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.