Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, Denver:
Cook Street School of Culinary Arts provides a high-quality 12-week chef-training course, an accelerated program that is intensely focused and offers great bang for your buck so you can get in, get out, and get on with your culinary dreams! Conveniently located in Denver’s historic Lower Downtown district in the epicenter of Denver’s vibrant foodie scene, our rigorous, menu-based approach to the rich culinary traditions of Italy and France will teach you the fundamentals you need to excel in your future career. Our fully accredited course focuses on the whole chef, ensuring that you have the skills to enter the competitive world of professional culinary arts upon graduation.
- Unique Teaching Methods
At Cook Street, you’ll eat what you cook – and talk about what you cook – every day. And your all-inclusive training in cooking, pastry, and wine is just the beginning. Your accelerated culinary arts education focuses on quality and comprehensive learning to inspire you for a lifetime.
- Intensive 12-week Training
After 12 intensive weeks, your education ends where the great culinary traditions began – in France and Italy on an unforgettable culinary odyssey where everything you’ve seen, heard, touched and tasted takes on vivid new meaning.
- Kick-start Your Culinary Career
At Cook Street, we give you the skills to savor the culinary career that’s right for you. Our alumni work in a variety of culinary careers, from traditional chef roles to positions as caterers, personal chefs, industry associations, even food photography and writing.
- Convenient Location
Conveniently located in Denver’s historic Lower Downtown district in the epicenter of Denver’s vibrant foodie scene, Cook Street is within walking distance of countless restaurants, coffee shops and craft breweries, and transportation options.
- Cook Street School of Culinary Arts are approved and regulated by the State of Colorado Department of Higher Education Division of Private and Occupational Schools and the Veterans Administration.
- Our 180° Professional Culinary Arts Program is endorsed for quality education by the American Culinary Federation Foundation, the industry’s preeminent professional chefs’ organization. Our programs are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) in recognition of our organizational commitment to and strategic plan for quality training.
- Cook Street is a proud recipient of the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Quality Program Approval, meeting the ACFEF’s quality education standards. The school was awarded a Best of Westword award for its recreational programs in 2010.
Every inch of Cook Street’s cutting edge 3,000-square foot kitchen was designed to optimize your educational experience. From our custom-designed white maple butcher block bench to commercial-grade gas cook tops, professional Combi oven, granite demonstration island, dedicated baking and pastry kitchen and showstopping wood-fired brick bread oven, you’ll have everything you need as you launch your culinary career.
Focus on Practical Cooking Techniques:
During your accelerated, 12-week program, you’ll enjoy 80% of your time cooking versus less than 25% in traditional programs and you’ll do it in an environment that’s committed to classic culinary traditions while utilizing modern techniques and fusion interpretations.
All Cook Street students receive pastry and wine instruction to ensure their ability to prepare unforgettable meals from start to finish. Your all-inclusive culinary education focuses on quality and comprehensive learning to inspire you for a lifetime.
- French Cuisine
- Italian Cuisine
- Culinary Fine Arts
- Knife Skills
- Cooking Vocabulary, History & Culture.
- Palate Development
- Wine (pairing, tasting, and serving)
- The Art of the Table
- Menu Planning
- Recipe Development
- Service & Presentation Arts
"At Cook Street, I got techniques that you can adapt to any kind of food, even woks"
- Andy, January 2004 - Owner, One Ten Thai
"Without my training at Cook Street, I couldn't have realized my dream"
- Bridget, July 2006 - Personal Chef, Sweet Enough
"I followed my heart at Cook Street"
- Alycia, April 2006 - co-founder, Cakes on Board
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 1937 Market Street in LoDo, Denver, Colorado , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.