Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy:
Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy is a leading culinary institute with a modern, unique campus in the South of France that offers a range of certificate and diploma programs to international students from around the world. Located in Agde, a lively town next to a beautiful Mediterranean seaside resort in the Languedoc-Roussillon region, our courses include cooking and pastry hands-on classes in English; practical work experience (internships) and French language courses.
We are not only a French culinary institute, but also a school where you can learn French Culture, the French language and professional vocabulary.
You will receive a French Gourmet Certificate or Diploma upon full completion of your program, which is taught at a one star Michelin Level.
Our ultimate goal is that our students improve both their skills and knowledge of the food, beverage and gastronomy of the region and France, and the French language, but will also enjoy visiting Languedoc-Roussillon, with its historic cities, varying and beautiful landscapes, and the most productive wine region in the world.
Beautiful Location on the Mediterranean Coast:
Gastronomicom International Culinary Academy is situated in the lively town of Agde, alongside the beautiful seaside resort of Cap d’Agde on the Mediterranean coast (in the well-known region of Languedoc-Roussillon, between Montpellier & Perpignan).
Our school is conveniently close to Beziers Airport about 120 km from the Spanish border.
Agde is set in a wonderful landscape, with palm-trees, beautiful beaches nearby, excellent Mediterranean food, and the most important vineyard in Europe. Agde enjoys an extremely pleasant and sunny climate all year round.
• Gourmet Programs - 1 Month:
We offer Gourmet programs of 4 weeks duration in French Cooking and French Pastry. You will enjoy 30 hours of hands-on training - 15 hours cooking lessons + 15 hours pastry lessons per week.
All of your weekends are free giving you the chance to experience the local lifestyle and culture.
• Gastronomic Programs - 8-weeks or 12-weeks:
We offer 8-week or 12-week Gastronomic programs with 30 hours of lessons per week, including 15 hours per week of "hands-on" cookery classes or pastry classes and 15 hours per week of intensive French classes.
All the weekends are free and you have a 1-week mid-term break to travel around France.
1 - French Cooking + Intensive French
2 - French Pastry + Intensive French
• Full Programs:
The full program consists of a 3 month gastronomic course as listed above + 4 month training course (internship) in a luxury Hotel restaurant in France.
• One-Year Diploma Programs:
Diploma in Gastronomic Pastry; Diploma in Gastronomic Cooking
• Two-Year Diploma in Gastronomic Food and Beverage Management:
For this diploma course, you have the choice of two options: a) Cooking & Pastry or b) Restaurant Management & Wines.
The first year is a preparatory course similar to the normal one-year program offered by Gastronomicom. The second year comprises a 3 month University Level Management course; a 3 month Practical Management course; a 6 month Internship at a Luxury Hotel-Restaurant in France.
Please note that all Management Courses are taught in French.
For students holding a student visa (students from Europe do not require a visa), the school provides an internship in a luxury hotel/restaurant or restaurant in France.
Gastronomicom students receive a stipend of 524 Euro per month (fixed regular sum paid) once the internship period of the training begins.
We have relations with leading international hotels, Relais-Châteaux (a collection of the most beautiful restaurants and hotels around the world), and 4-Star establishments with gourmet restaurants.
Interns receive a Diploma upon full completion of the study program and a Certificate of Internship indicating the name of the hotel / restaurant and the dates of training.
Our students come from many different backgrounds and regions. Our students in the past have come from the USA, Canada, France, UK, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, Nepal, South Africa, Kenya, Tunisia, Mauritius, Hong Kong, Kyrgyzstan and many other countries.
You may perhaps be:
• a Hospitality or Gastronomy Professional or Chef, and you want to improve your knowledge in modern French cooking, pastry or wines.
• a Head Waiter or Maitre "D" and you also want to be Sommelier and or train for a specific job.
• a student in Hospitality Management, and you want to improve your knowledge of fine dining, French cooking, pastry or wines, and learn French at the same time.
• an individual, and you want to discover French fine dining, cooking, pastry or wine, learn French, and at the same time to enjoy visiting the south of France.
• a quality culinary vacation enthusiast, seeking an unforgettable educational experience.
You are between 18 and 60 years old, and very motivated by food and beverage and Gastronomy. You want also to learn the French language or improve your French language skills. European students do not need any visa.
For non-native speakers of English: Your level of English is minimum 600 points in TOEIC or 550 points in TOEFL.
• Graduate in Pâtisserie, viennoiserie, Boulangerie, chocolaterie, glaces et sorbets, confiserie .
• Pastry Chef in Relais-Chateaux, Le Vieux Castillon, 1* Michelin
• Pastry Chef in Noga- Hilton Geneva, Switzerland 4*Luxe, 1* Michelin
• Pastry Chef in Four seasons George V, 3* Michelin - Paris
• Graduate from Lausanne School (Switzerland)
• Manager Food & Beverage Manager Hotel Beau Rivage 5* Geneva (Switzerland), Leading Hotel of the world.
• Hotel Manager “Maison Morizet” 4*München (Germany)
• Hotel Manager “Hotel Guy louis Duboucheron” 4* luxe, Paris
• General Manager Hotel Da Lapa 5* luxe Lisbon (Portugal) Leading Hotel of the world
• Hotel Manager Hotel d’Europe 4* Avignon (France)
• Hotel Manager Hotel Vatel 4* , training Hotel for Vatel Institute
• Teacher of Food & Beverage and Training Co-ordinator in Vatel Institute, Nimes (France)
"I am presently a cook (chef) / stewardess on yachts. Since I went to France over 3 years ago...I have accomplished everything I expected from myself. Thank you for opening the school and giving me the opportunity to learn and embrace the south of France in such a fun way!"
"At Gastronomicom, I learned an incredible amount about pastry cooking and improved my level of French, and it is my goal to wrap up that training with one more final month of classes there and an internship working in a pastry kitchen afterwards. I am so looking forward to returning, and am determined to make this new Gastronomicom experience even better than the first."
"Je suis la maman de Bernardita et je vous ecris pour partager ma joie car Bernardita est heureuse chez vous en train d'apprendre de quantites de nouvelles choses. Merci et c'est vraiment un endroit excellent votre ecole du point de vue technique de formation et tout le cadre de professeurs, chefs et du personnel en general."
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 8 rue des Moulins à huile, 34300, Agde, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.