Hendrix College is a private, undergraduate institution of the liberal arts related to the United Methodist Church and located in Conway, Faulkner County, Arkansas, about 30 minutes from Little Rock and a principal city of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area. We offer distinguished academic programs in a residential, coeducational setting including more than 30 Bachelor of Arts degree programs including biology, economics, music, philosophy, computer science, early childhood education among many others - as well as Master of Arts in Accounting degree.
Conway, Arkansas is a city of 45,000 people and the second-fastest growing city in Arkansas. With three institutions of higher learning, including Hendrix, and local celebrations, Conway is truly a mix of the progressive and the picturesque. It is the kind of town where you can head downtown for shopping or enjoy watching the sunset at the lake.
Co-ed and single sex; six traditional residence halls, five residence houses, three theme houses, and five apartment complexes (86 percent of students live in college-owned housing)
160 acres encompassing academic, residential and recreational resources, plus arboretum, gazebo, and pecan court
Art complex, life sciences center, physical sciences center, chapel, auditorium, theatre, and wellness and athletics center; new student life and technology center opens January 2010
School / Office Address:
1600 Washington Ave.
From Little Rock to Hendrix: The Arkansas Highway Department is beginning construction of two roundabouts and other pedestrian-friendly improvements on the portion of Harkrider Street adjacent to and north of our campus. Below are directions for the easiest way to visit Hendrix during this period of construction.
- Merge onto I-40 West.
- Take Exit 127 – Oak St./US-64 West.
- Left onto Oak Street. – 1.1 miles. (If traveling from I-40 East, turn right onto Oak Street.)
- Remain in the left lane on Oak Street. It becomes one lane once you cross Harkrider Street.
- Right onto Front Street. – 0.5 miles. (Front Street will be the third light, after you cross Harkrider Street.)
- Front Street will lead you right into campus!
- Continue straight on Front Street (do not veer left) to the stop sign at the corner of Front and Spruce Streets. At the stop sign, make a right onto Spruce then take an immediate left following the visitor parking sign. You will find visitor parking in front of Ellis Hall, home of the Admission Office.
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.