Online university in Canada: Open university in Alberta, masters degrees online, graduate certificate programs. Distance learning MBA, online bachelor's degree courses in business, management, HR, nursing. Home study certificate & diploma programs for students in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver BC, Toronto ON...
Athabasca University: Based in Northern Alberta, Athabasca University is a worldwide leader in quality distance education, providing a wide range of online Undergraduate and Graduate programs, including Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor & Masters Degree levels. We have over 700 courses in a large selection of arts, science, and professional disciplines. Most AU courses are delivered through distance learning as individualized study. If you prefer the structure of learning in a classroom or online with other students, we also offer grouped study courses across Canada.
Online & Distance Learning Courses / Programs: AU offers over 700 courses in more than 90 undergraduate and graduate (degree, diploma or certificate) programs in a range of arts, science and professional disciplines.
Graduate Programs: Arts: - Master of Arts - Integrated Studies (MAIS) - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma: Heritage Resource Management - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma: Legislative Drafting Business: - Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) - Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Graduate Diploma in Management (GDM) Counselling: - Master of Counselling - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Counselling - Post-Master's Certificate in Counselling
Distance Education: - Doctor of Education (EdD) in Distance Education - Master of Distance Education (MDE) - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma: Distance Education Technology - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma: Instructional Design - Post-Baccalaureate Certificate: Instructional Design - Post-Baccalaureate Certificate: Technology-Based Learning
Health: - Master of Health Studies - Master of Nursing (MN) - Post-Masters Diploma: Advanced Nursing Practice - Information Systems - Master of Science, Information Systems (MScIS) Science and Technology: - Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Architecture (PBDA)
Undergraduate Programs: - Bachelor of Arts - Bachelor of Commerce - Bachelor of General Studies - Bachelor of Health Administration - Bachelor of Human Resources and Labour Relations - Bachelor of Management - Bachelor of Nursing - Bachelor of Professional Arts - Bachelor of Science - Certificates of Completion - University Certificates - University Diplomas
Most AU courses are delivered through distance learning as individualized study. If you prefer the structure of learning in a classroom or online with other students, we also offer grouped study courses across Canada.
With nine out of 10 graduates hired within six months of graduation, Toronto’s George Brown College has established a reputation for equipping students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. Our Distance Education courses provide you with personalized teacher support and feedback as you pursue an interest, a designation or a certificate in a wide range of fields including Architectural Studies, Business Administration, Health Services, and more.
Continuing Education at George Brown College offers distance education courses in a variety of ways. The courses may be teacher-directed online, self-directed online, OntarioLearn online, CD-based with online support, DVD-based with online support or paper-based with online support.
Many people choose to study in the comfort of their own homes, but distance education gives you the flexibility to learn wherever it is most convenient for you. Some of our distance education courses are semester-based. So, as with an in-class course, you generally need to register in advance of the course start date or shortly thereafter. But some of our distance education courses are continuous intake.
Course Categories include:
- Architectural Studies
- Business Studies
- Community Services
- Construction and Maintenance
- Dental Health
- Emergency Management Leadership
- General English
- Health Services
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Operations Management
- Technical Training
- Visual Arts and Design
- Writing and Publishing
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) is one of the leading distance education providers in Canada. We provide independent-study programs and courses for students to earn recognized credits and credentials by distance learning through Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning (TRU-OL).
The programs offered through TRU-OL include adult secondary school completion, certificates, and diplomas (including advanced and post-baccalaureate), associate degrees and bachelor's degrees.
There are over 400 courses and nearly 40 programs through distance delivery. TRU-OL provides learning opportunities in a print or web-based format or a blend of the two, with programs tailored to each student's personal needs.
Students completing certificate, diploma, or degree programs by distance education through TRU-OL are awarded Thompson Rivers University credentials. TRU is an accredited public post-secondary institution with membership in the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC).
Founded in 2005, Rouxbe is an online cooking school based in Vancouver, Canada. We provide a range of cooking certification courses online for cooks of all levels - from amateur home cooks to professional chefs.
Rouxbe will help you to master and create your own recipes using our intuitive learning technology with instructor support. Learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own home or office anywhere in the world at times that best suit your schedule.
Our comprehensive courses are taught using instructional lesson content, exercises, practice recipes, and additional education learning modules. Our courses cover broader cooking subject matter, include more robust assessment features. On graduating, you will receive a "Certificate of Completion".
Covering a wide range of topics, our general cooking courses range in length from just a few short units, to more comprehensive courses that can be followed over several weeks or even months.
Designed for cooks who want to work in the industry, Rouxbe Professional Cooking Courses (“Rouxbe Pro”) are equivalent to the material covered in top professional culinary schools around the world.
Begin your course when you want and progress through the content on your own schedule. Broken down into clear, contextualized units that are accessible to even the average home cook, this series of courses is a cost-effective complement to on-the-job training.
University Canada West - Online Bachelor of Commerce
Courses / Programs
University Canada West (UCW) is a private, business-oriented university in Vancouver which offers MBA and Bachelor degrees that prepare you to be an effective leader in the workplace.
UCW is known for its innovation and effectiveness across Canada and abroad. It aims to prepare students for professional-level careers. UCW Vancouver transforms students into graduates who are ready to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Online Bachelor of Commerce:
The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) online syllabus consists of four tiers: university foundation, disciplinary foundation, disciplinary applications, and integrative applications. As a whole, the qualification covers the foundations of all aspects of businesses and the way they are operated. You will see vast improvements in your writing and research skills, as well as the ability to perform well as part of a team.
Those who graduate from the ACBSP-accredited Bachelor of Commerce online program will gain a new found knowledge of contemporary business practices, and the refined ability to use critical thinking to analyze and interpret information to make informed decisions.
Student Testimonial: “I love the flexibility of the online classes, as well as the structure of the weekly course load and due dates. I was able to complete my school work around my work, family and social life.”
Megan Clifton, 2017 Medal for Academic Excellence recipient
Tier 1 University Foundation
• Principles of Accounting
• Introduction to Business
• Mass Media & Society
plus 7 modules
Tier 2 Disciplinary Foundation
• Business Environment
• Information Systems for Managers
• Communications Theory
• Writing for Specific Audiences
• Organizational Behaviour
• Marketing Management
Tier 3 Disciplinary Applications
• Managerial Accounting
• Business Law
• Professional Communications
• Research Methodology
• Human Resource Management
• Operations Management
Tier 4 Integrative Applications
• Strategy and Decision Making
• Business Capstone 1
• Business Capstone 2
• Acquire the technical skills and knowledge needed to become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist or Digital Legal Monitor from the comfort of your own home or office with online classes from Ministry-approved Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies.
• Based in Toronto, we provide a 14-week Court Transcription certification program and a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for students living in Canada.
• We offer our students the rare opportunity to achieve a qualification that allows you to work in the middle of the action of the legal profession without a law degree!
• The Court Transcription course is delivered online by two seasoned ACT professionals who have worked for several years in the education, transcription, and court reporting industries.
• Participants can study from home up until the final exam which takes place in Toronto or Ottawa (depending on your preference). Once graduates start working independently, their work can be done remotely wherever they live within Canada.
• Upon successful completion, you will meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and will be eligible to register and become an ACT. • The Digital Legal Monitor course examines the role and responsibilities of digital legal monitors within the specific context of pre-trial proceedings.
• Digital Monitors are a type of court reporter that uses audio equipment to record in-court or pre-trial proceedings.
Taught by professional transcriptionists who have worked in the transcription & court reporting industries.
The final exam takes place in-person in Toronto or Ottawa.
Online Digital Legal Monitor Program: - Duration: 4-16 weeks A DLM is a court reporter who uses audio equipment to record in-court proceedings While this course is designed to be taken in 4 weeks, students will have access to the course for 4 months
Students can write the final exam at any time during these 4 months.
• The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education for home study in Canada, the U.S., UK & worldwide.
• Through experienced industry-based faculty and the latest resources, ICI delivers close to 100 exciting career and lifestyle-focused courses to a broad range of people around the world.
• Our online courses are offered at certificate, diploma and advanced diploma level in a range of career fields. We also offer a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
• We provide a learning schedule to suit You - to fit into your lifestyle and study at your own pace!
• ICI is a provider of courses used by individuals, business and government to improve the skill sets and performance of personal careers, staff and management.
• We are an accredited and recognised member of the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a proven educational method, committed to student service, and reasonable tuition prices which results in an outstanding learning experience. Graduates have obtained employment and established successful businesses across a wide range of industries.
Student Testimonial: "I wasn’t able to leave my full time job to study so distance learning suited me best. I was able to set my own timetable and submit assessments around my own commitments. Had it not been for the flexible nature of the course I would not been able complete my studies!" - Michael