Online applied business technology courses in Canada: ABT programs online, accounting certificate, distance learning office assistant certification programs. Home study business training, correspondence courses for students in Vancouver BC, Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, London, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec, Calgary, Alberta...
Northwest Community College, Continuing Education / Industry Training (CEIT): Established in 1975, Northwest Community College (NWCC) is a publicly funded, government accredited, post-secondary online educational institution in North-West British Columbia. We provide online Certificate & Diploma courses through our Continuing Education / Industry Training (CEIT) department.
Our programs offer provincially-accredited, and online learning with NWCC is convenient, supportive and flexible. Online Certificate & Diploma Courses:
- Early Childhood Education
- Information & Communication Technology
- Applied Business Technology
- Business Administration
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Based in downtown Vancouver, The University of British Columbia's (UBC) offer Distance Learning Courses through our Centre for Teaching and Learning and Technology (CTLT).
These courses carry full credit toward degree or certificate programs in accordance with the requirements of the UBC faculty concerned.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (formerly the Centre for Teaching and Academic Growth) and the Office of Learning Technology were merged into a new organizational entity, the CTLT.
This centre builds upon the skills and expertise of its predecessor organizations, as well as integrates a re-configured Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
The CTLT will continue to collaborate with academic and administrative units throughout the UBC in order to advance the scholarly practice of all members of the UBC teaching community while supporting technology-enabled learning environments and distance learning opportunities.
The Alternative Medicine College of Canada (AMCC) is an educational institution that offers accredited certificate & diploma correspondence courses in Naturopathy, Homeopathy, and Bioenergetics to students world-wide. We provide our students with the training and expertise necessary to become qualified specialists in their desired field. The College was the initiative of several health practitioners from a consultation office and has made itself known worldwide since 1988. The teachers are confirmed practitioners who strive to provide students with a diverse and complete educational approach, thus providing a serious, efficient and complementary alternative to conventional medicine.
The Alternative Medicine College is accredited by various governmental and professional associations including the American Alternative Medical Association (AAMA), the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) and the National Association of Naturopaths (NAN, in Canada).
• The International Career Institute (ICI) is a leading provider of distance education for home study in Canada, the U.S., UK & worldwide.
• Through experienced industry-based faculty and the latest resources, ICI delivers close to 100 exciting career and lifestyle-focused courses to a broad range of people around the world.
• Our online courses are offered at certificate, diploma and advanced diploma level in a range of career fields. We also offer a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
• We provide a learning schedule to suit You - to fit into your lifestyle and study at your own pace!
• ICI is a provider of courses used by individuals, business and government to improve the skill sets and performance of personal careers, staff and management.
• We are an accredited and recognised member of the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC), the International Accreditation and Recognition Council (IARC).
• ICI is a proven educational method, committed to student service, and reasonable tuition prices which results in an outstanding learning experience. Graduates have obtained employment and established successful businesses across a wide range of industries.
Student Testimonial: "I wasn’t able to leave my full time job to study so distance learning suited me best. I was able to set my own timetable and submit assessments around my own commitments. Had it not been for the flexible nature of the course I would not been able complete my studies!" - Michael
University Canada West - Business Communication Degree Online
Courses / Programs
University Canada West (UCW) is a private, business-oriented university in Vancouver which offers MBA and Bachelor degrees that prepare you to be an effective leader in the workplace.
UCW is known for its innovation and effectiveness across Canada and abroad. It aims to prepare students for professional-level careers. UCW Vancouver transforms students into graduates who are ready to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Online Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication:
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication online syllabus is largely focused on how media and communications function in the contemporary business world. Those studying the Online BA will acquire knowledge and skills which lay the foundations for a career such as journalism, public relations or advertising.
Those who graduate from the Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication program will find themselves able to evaluate the effectiveness and integration of all types of media and communication, as well as creating content which follows ethical and legal requirements for a variety of different mediums.
Student Testimonial: “I love the flexibility of the online classes, as well as the structure of the weekly course load and due dates. I was able to complete my school work around my work, family and social life.”
Megan Clifton, 2017 Medal for Academic Excellence recipient
Tier 2 Disciplinary Foundation
• Business Environment
• Communications Theory
• Information Gathering
• Writing for the Media
• Visual Communications
• Marketing Management
• Organizational behaviour
Tier 3 Disciplinary Applications
• Social Media
• Legal & Ethical Issues in Mass Media
• Technical Writing & Business Communications
• Professional Communications
• Media & Government
• Public Relations in Practice & Theory
• Research Methodology
Tier 4 Integrative Applications
• Communication Strategy
• Communication Capstone 1
• Communication Capstone 2
Vancouver Animation School is an accredited online animation training school that offers career training programs for the Animation, Film and Game industries. Our courses include long-term Diploma programs and shorter-term Certificate programs in Animation, Concept Art, VFX, and Vide Game Design. Courses are available to students all over the world.
Vancouver Animation School is a fully accredited school at the forefront of Online Education. We are devoted to educating aspiring artists in the diverse disciplines that form the Animation, Film and Game Industries by delivering excellent programs for entrance and career advancement.
We believe in empowering the artists to empower their art. We provide our students with a powerful artistic environment combined with technological extensions to improve their education, simplify their development process and provide a robust learning environment.
Vancouver Animation School is registered by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) of British Columbia.
Online Diploma Programs:
- 2D Comuter Animation
- 3D Computer Character Animation
- Advanced 3D Modeling
- Animated Short Films
- Concept Art
- Digital Matte Painting
- Effects Animation
- Esports Program
- Video Game Design
Online Certificate Programs:
- Introduction to 2D Animation
- Introduction to 3D Animation
- Introduction to 3D Modeling
- Introduction to Concept Art
- Introduction to Digital Matte Painting
- Introduction to Video Game Design
- Introduction to Effects Animation
- Introduction to Esports
- Introduction to Animation, VFX, Video Games
- Writing for Animation
Based in Nelson, BC, The Canadian Society for Social Development (CSSD), is a federally-accredited organization that offers online website design, programming and marketing certificate courses for entrepreneurs. Whether you want to work as a web designer or build a website for your own business, Internet Business Development for Entrepreneurs (IBDE) will help you succeed. IBDE programs give you what most other programs do not - a solid understanding of web design to help you really drive your business.
We offer two quality Web Design online programs - the IBDE Web Essentials Program, and the IBDE Web Advanced Program (which is divided into four separate courses).
IBDE is accredited by Selkirk College in Castlegar, BC, and the Canadian Society for Social Development coordinates delivery of the IBDE programs. Students completing the six-month IBDE Web Essentials program receive a certificate in Web Design and Optimization, and students completing our IBDE Web Advanced courses receive a certificate in Advanced Web Design and Optimization. Each Web Advanced course is one month in duration.
IBDE Web Essentials Program:
- Introduction to the Internet
- Site Theory and Design
- Introductory Web Graphics
- Advanced Web Graphics
- HTML/XHTML Programming
- Dreamweaver CS5 ~ Site Development
- Website Marketing and Maintenance
- Final Project Website
IBDE Web Advanced Program:
- Introduction to PHP Programming (Part 1 of 2)
- Advanced PHP and MySQL (Part 2 of 2)
- Wordtracker for SEO
- Blogging for Business