LaSalle College Vancouver: LaSalle College Vancouver is located in British Columbia on the west coast of Canada. It is a world class institution providing Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising Diploma Programs, and offers a unique educational experience for students. We provide a supportive, nurturing learning environment with industry experienced instructors, and our small class sizes enhance learning opportunities and provide extensive student / instructor interaction.
Fashion Design Diploma Program: If you are passionate about fashion and full of creative & avant-guard ideas for your very own clothing collection, then fashion design will take your talent to the next level and provide you with the skills to succeed in such a riveting industry. Express your artistic talent through pattern & garment designs. Study the use of raw materials and analyze fashion trends.
Program Overview: The Fashion Design Program consists of 5 semesters, 15 weeks per semester for a total of 75 weeks. By the end of the program, you will have completed 1500 hours which amounts to 300 hours per semester or 20 hours per week that entitles you to a diploma in Fashion Design.
Program Objectives: - Learn to design, create, sell and market a design collection. - Recognize job market realities. - Learn the elements, principles and techniques of pattern drafting, draping, sewing and tailoring. - Translate fashion concepts into sketches and illustrations using freehand drawing techniques, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Macromedia Flash. - Develop the ability to transform design ideas into garments. - Learn the history of fashion design and how the economy, society and culture influence fashion trends.
Fashion Merchandising Diploma Program: If you are business-savvy, have a passion for fashion and a creative mind, this fashion program will take your talent to the next level. From the local to the international arena, fashion merchandisers work for apparel retailers or wholesalers to develop, analyze and implement effective fashion marketing strategies.
Graduates of this program not only buy, sell and promote fashion products but also grasp the fundamentals of the fashion industry, manipulate current computer software applications used in the field and produce professional visual displays.
Program Overview: The Fashion Merchandising Program consists of 3 semesters, 15 weeks per semester for a total of 45 weeks. By the end of the program, you will have completed 900 hours which amounts to 300 hours per semester or 20 hours per week that entitles you to a diploma in Fashion Merchandising. Program Objectives: - Forecast styles and trends. - Evaluate target market needs. - Buy, sell, promote and distribute fashion products. - Produce professional visual displays of fashion products. - Plan, manage and promote a fashion show. - Manage an operating budget. - Develop, analyze and implement effective marketing strategies. - Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Web Design.
Address:889 W. Pender Street 2nd Floor, Vancouver, BC , Canada
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2020-10-11 were from:
Teresina, PI, Brazil;
Belo Horizonte/Minas Gerais, Brazil;
Buenos Aires, Argentina;
Metro Manila, Philippines;
Pelly Crossing, Yukon;
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil;
johannesburg, South Africa;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
The Beauty Box by Sheriff - Professional Makeup Classes in MB & Canada
Courses / Programs
• The Beauty Box by Sheriff is Canada's #1 MUA School & Beauty Retailer.
• Situated in south downtown Winnipeg MB, The Beauty Box by Sheriff is a professional academy of makeup art that provides high-quality makeup classes and makeup artist certification programs.
• Due to high demand, we provide makeup classes in a range of locations throughout Canada through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps.
• Our mobile makeup classes are available in Brandon, Thompson, The Pas and Steinbach MB; Edmonton, Calgary, and Lethbridge in Alberta; Vancouver and Victoria in BC; Regina and Saskatoon in Saskatchewan; Montreal in Quebec; Fredericton in NB; and Halifax in Nova Scotia.
We also offer mobile makeup classes in the following cities in Ontario: Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, North York, Vaughan, Etobicoke, London, Scarborough, Pickering, Barrie, Kenora, Thunderbay ON.
• Taught by highly-experienced instructors, our makeup bootcamps aim to mould a novice student into a professional makeup artist.
• We offer financing to qualified students, and pass along job opportunities to our graduates who are offered work experience (and occasionally paid employment) in our cosmetics retail stores.
• "After researching various makeup programs, I decided to attend Sheriff Professional Academy of Makeup Art in Winnipeg MB. It was a wise choice that assisted me in gaining my dream career right after graduating the program. My portfolio assisted me in standing out from my competition.." Sandra
M.C. College offers accredited programs in hairstyling, esthetics and fashion at several locations throughout Western Canada. With campuses in Edmonton and Calgary in Alberta as well as different locations throughout British Columbia, M.C. College Group has over 100 full and part-time employees. The educational faculty at each location is made up of experienced industry professionals. M.C. College Group inspires them to continue their professional development and provides instructional training to insure they are the best trained faculty in their respective programs.
The head office staff includes a Director of Operations, Director of Education and Controller with more than 40 years combined experience in the organization. Full time curriculum specialists in all three programs insure MC College delivers the most comprehensive program possible. An Artistic Director, with over 30 years experience as a platform artist and a team of internationally recognized technical advisors in both hairstyling and esthetics, consistently update the skills of the instructional faculty.
M.C. College offers accredited programs in hairstyling, esthetics and fashion at several locations throughout Western Canada. Full time curriculum specialists in all three programs insure MC College delivers the most comprehensive program possible.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Improve your art / design / architecture portfolio with private lessons from renowned art tutor Mr Rick Gee.
PortfolioPrep provides private, one to one portfolio preparation sessions and experienced guidance to Canadian and international students. Lessons are available online via Skype, and in the Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario, Canada.
Preparing a strong portfolio to demonstrate your artistic abilities is a critical part of your application to any art school or college around the world.
Paramita Academy of Makeup Inc. is dedicated to introducing the world of makeup artistry to students internationally. The students benefit greatly from the one-on-one teaching system offered at Paramita Inc. with a maximum of eight students per class, Jessica (the instructor and owner of Paramita Inc.) is there to constantly guide you and give constructive criticism. The small class sizes allow Paramita Inc. to train students in the one week bootcamp. There is a maximum of 4 students working at a time, with a 4-1 ratio.
It is Paramita Inc.'s purpose to teach Makeup Artistry to both beginners and experienced Makeup Artists through our one-on-one Bootcamps. Our commitment is to exceed our students expectations and encourage the evolution of every artist's individual style.
We understand that the students' ultimate goal is to work in the field of their choice. Paramita Academy of Makeup Inc. provides a comfortable and professional environment for students, with an instructor who is passionate about makeup artistry and relays this enthusiasm onto her students.
"Choose a job you LOVE, and you will never have to work a day in your life" - Confucius
Medi Aesthetics Institute of Canada (Edmonton Area)
Courses / Programs
Located just 15 kilometers east of Edmonton, in Sherwood Park AB, the Medi Aesthetics Institute of Canada is one of the top Medical Laser Training and Beauty Schools in Alberta for esthetics and cosmetology studies.
Our general Aesthetics Program, and Advanced Clinical Aesthetics Program are designed to give students a solid background in Aesthetic skills as well as Medi Aesthetics treatments like microdermabrasion, laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation. Our programs are taught with the top of the line equipment, skin care and mineral make-up.
We also have a school in Red Deer, Alberta, near the midpoint of the Calgary-Edmonton Corridor.