Distance Learning College and Training:
Start a new career in the field of purchasing with Distance Learning College and Training! Based in Durham, we are the UK's leading specialist provider of accredited distance learning courses in purchasing, logistics, supply chain management, export and management to individuals and businesses from the UK and around the world. Our purchasing courses are fully-accredited by The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS). Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).Distance Learning CIPS Courses:
- CIPS Level 3 Certificate in Purchasing and Supply
No prior qualifications or experience is required for this course, making it deal for anyone new to the purchasing profession.
To complete the course, you will take five compulsory units: Understanding the Purchasing Environment; Purchasing operations; Purchasing in action; Securing Supply; Client and supplier relationships.
- CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
This course enables you to develop skills and knowledge in purchasing and supply chain management to evaluate and use information to develop effective strategies, develop solutions to unpredictable problems, show effective judgement skills in planning activity and meeting quality standards.
To complete the course, you will take five compulsory units: Developing Contracts in Purchasing and Supply; Measuring Purchasing Performance; Effective Negotiation in Purchasing and Supply; Purchasing Contexts; Managing Purchasing and Supply Relationships.
- CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
CIPS Level 5 is an advanced purchasing and supply course, designed for those who have a significant level of experience working in a purchasing and supply role.
The course is made up of five units; three compulsory units and two optional units:
* Compulsory Units: Risk Management and Supply Chain Vulnerability; Improving Supply Chain Performance; Management in the Purchasing Function
* Optional Units (Choose Two): Marketing for Purchasers; Storage and Distribution; Operations Management in the Supply Chain; The Machinery of Government and Procurement; Contracting in the Public Sector
- CIPS Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
The course is an advanced purchasing management course, designed for those who have 3 or more years' strategic purchasing management experience, or who have gained the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma and wish to progress further. The CIPS Level 6 Graduate Diploma qualification allows CIPS members to apply for MCIPS status.
* Compulsory Units: Leading and Influencing in Purchasing; Strategic Supply Chain Management; Supply Chain Management in Practice. The mandatory units cover the setting of strategic direction for your supply chain and then how you may gain or use your influence in ensuring that the organisation moves in this direction effectively.
* Optional Units (Choose Two): Advanced Project Management; Finance for Purchasers; Legal Aspects in Purchasing and Supply. The optional units covered the strategic differences within public and private sector senior roles.