Milwaukee Institute Of Art And Design:
The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) is an accredited college providing Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in the fields of Communication Design, Drawing, Illustration, Industrial Design, Integrated Fine Arts Studio, Interior Architecture + Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture and Time-Based Media. We prepare students with interest and ability in the visual arts for passage into professional careers.
- Communication Design – includes graphic design, advertising, interactive media, etc.
- Industrial Design – invention, product development and design, furniture design, etc.
- Interior Architecture + Design
- Integrated Fine Arts Studio
- Time Based Media – integrated video, animation, and digital technology
- Advertising (with Marquette University)
- Art History
- Business (with Marquette University)
- Special Curricula for the BFA
- Liberal Studies
- Programs for young artists
- High school student pre-college residential summer programs
- High school student academic year study options and portfolio development courses
- Young artist programs for middle school and younger students
- School partnership programs
- Personal and professional development programs for adult learners
- Professional and adult studies and certificate programs (Continuing Education)
- Creative Educators Institute (for K-12 art teachers)
- Personal enrichment course offerings (Continuing Education)
Computer labs offer the most current software and hardware for animation; graphic, industrial, and interior/architectural design; and video editing as well as fine-art imaging. A fully equipped sculpture department, a 3-D lab, extensive printmaking facilities, and digital photography facilities offer artists wide choices and venues for expressing themselves.
History & Facts About MIAD:
We were founded as MIAD in 1974, but formed from the Layton School of Art & Design, which began instruction in 1920. There are, on average, about 600 full-time MIAD students and about 200 staff/faculty. The student/faculty ratio is 16:1. All faculty are working artists, designers, writers and researchers; there are also instructors who are working professionals.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 273 E. Erie St. , Milwaukee, Wisconsin , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.