Arts University Bournemouth:
Established in 1885, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) programs to international students and professionals studying or pursuing careers in the arts, architecture, acting, animation, digital media, event management, fashion, film production, graphic design, interior design, makeup, photography, textiles, and visual communication. Programs can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms or 3 terms. Currently, AUB has more than 450 international and mainland European students from about 60 countries.
• Arts University Bournemouth is one of an exclusive group of specialist institutions in the UK devoted solely to the study of the arts. Our excellent reputation has developed over many years with several of our specialist courses now being considered to be the best in the country.
• With around 4,000 students on full-time courses there is a personal and friendly approach to all activities. All courses have relatively small year groups, ensuring that all students get the attention and support that they expect and need from experienced and professionally qualified tutors.
Excellent Travel Links to Bournemouth:
• AUB is situated between Bournemouth and Poole in Dorset on the beautiful south coast of England, less than 2 hours from London (which is easily reached via good motorway links or regular train and coach services).
• Both Bournemouth and the nearby city of Southampton have international airports providing flights to over 50 destinations throughout the UK and Europe. In addition, there are regular ferry crossings to the Continent from Poole and Southampton.
• Our short study abroad courses are for international students & professionals who want to spend time learning in the UK, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying.
• AUB's programs give you the opportunity to work fully integrated alongside full-time degree students for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
Join existing degree students on the following courses:
• Animation Production
• Creative Events Management
• Commercial Photography
• Costume with Performance Design
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Interior Architecture and Design
• Make-up for Media and Performance
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design and Production
Additional Courses for International Students & Professionals:
- Portfolio Preparation Art, Design & Media (1 or 2 terms)
Designed for international students who wish to develop their skills to produce work for a portfolio or interview at university, you can join this course for 1 term or two terms.
Through a series of projects and briefs, it will cover all the fundamental skills required to build a portfolio. You will study basic drawing skills and proceed to more complex observational and analytical work.
- Preparation for Masters (2 terms)
Designed to help students to secure entry onto a Masters course, this Preparation programme helps you to develop your creative understanding of your chosen subject, or to increase your English language scores before being accepted onto a Masters course.
• When you apply, our Course Leaders will work with you and your tutors to decide on the best year to join your chosen programme, usually either in year one or year two. Students who join our courses are fully integrated with degree students and benefit from the full range of resources available.
• Courses start in September and January each year and coincide with the academic timetable. Each period is usually about 8–12 weeks and you can choose to study for one, two or three semester terms in one year. Classes normally take place from Monday to Friday each week.
Do I need experience in the subject(s) I will be studying?
• You should read the course descriptions carefully to find the most appropriate course that fits your experience. You may have limited previous experience and wish to join a basic level introductory course or you may have a degree already and wish to practice your skills in the UK with advanced students.
• Your abilities and qualifications will be assessed before you are offered a place, and we will discuss the most suitable programme of learning with you.
• There are courses for students who have limited art and design experience, courses for students who have intermediate experience and courses for students who have extensive experience in their chosen subject.
All students are asked to submit examples of work with their application. The purpose of your portfolio is to show us how you communicate and translate ideas visually.
It will be reviewed by the course leader and a panel who will determine the most appropriate year of study in the course for each candidate.
It is possible for students to transfer credits earned on modules completed at the Arts University Bournemouth to their own universities.
On successful completion of a semester course, you will be given a "transcript of marks" showing the credits you have earned at the Arts University Bournemouth.
Level / Credits / Hours:
Each course has a level attributed to it by the Arts University Bournemouth. Credits are shown as a guide against each module; we expect you to spend between 15 and 30 hours per week on each course. Depending on when you start and finish we will be able to advise you on your likely hours of study.
- 2 & 3 week residential creative courses in June, July and August 2022.
- For individuals, college students, senior high school students and adults, from ages 13-14, 15+, 18+.
• The University offers a range of Specialist Summer Schools. Whether you are looking to learn a new skill, explore your creativity or further your professional development, our summer courses provide the ideal environment to inspire and educate you – join us this summer and explore your creative potential.
• All students taking part in one of our summer courses will receive an official AUB Certificate of Attendance upon successful completion.
• When you join one of our summer courses, you will have access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities, modern equipment and one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. You will meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
We offer the following creative summer courses:
• British Architecture & 3D Design
• Studio Photography
• Drawing & Illustration
• Fashion &Textiles
• Creative Make-up
• Graphic Design & Visual Communication
• Portfolio Preparation for the Arts
• 2-Week Creative Arts Summer School:
We also offer a summer residential programme for secondary school teenagers to compliment the above creative arts courses (A Residential Programme providing accommodation, meals, activities etc).
All-inclusive residential course for students of ages 14-16 years old - 15 -26 June 2022
All-inclusive residential course for students of ages 13-14 years old - 27 July -7 August 2022
Sessions / topics include:
• Animation, Stop Motion Animation, Graphic Design, Illustration, Digital Photography, Drawing, Fashion, Mixed Media, Print Making, Adobe Packages.
• "The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there. With everything from books to magazines to even DVDs and VHS tapes, the AUB ran the entire gamut as far as what you were looking for.”
Orlando, USA, Animation Production
• "The decision to join the Study Abroad scheme and go to the AUB was definitely a pivotal point in my life. I absolutely loved the Animation course the tutors were remarkable and very supportive. It's architecturally stimulating at AUB; I felt very creative and you can feed that creativity by what you see, whether it is a building, or a drawing, or even actors performing out in the courtyard. It feeds your creativity and it makes you say Wow! I want to do more of this!
There are so many outlets and opportunities to become inspired. You feed off other students creativity which is very enlightening. I was really impressed with the AUB and feel that England is really ahead of the game with arts education."
Kailey, USA, Animation Production
• “I decided to study at the Arts University Bournemouth as I felt that I would have the option of meeting lots of creative people. I was proved to be right and I’m impressed by the way my tutors and also fellow students have always encouraged me to gain new opportunities and try different things.”
Yi-Wen, Taiwan, Visual Communication
• “I like the fact that the course has a good structure. You can always give your work a personal touch. I really appreciate that all my tutors are helpful, open-minded and have an immense knowledge, which they enjoy sharing.”
Shivaji, India, Photography
• "I decided to study in the UK, after I have realised that I¹m totally obsessed with films. The UK is a great filmmaking industry. I found Arts University Bournemouth which has wide range of short courses, including a summer and study abroad short courses for filmmaking. The great benefit of the courses was that at the end, each student directed their own short movie.
I loved it so much that I decided to apply for a degree in Digital Media. I am graduating this year (2013) and had an incredible journey at AUB. I have reached the goals that I wanted; I picked up lots of skills; found new friends and professional connections."
Aleksandra, BA (Hons) Digital Media Production
• "The AUB campus has a really good atmosphere, the facilities such as the printmaking room and library made me excited about studying there! University is great because it allows you to fully focus on your own work all the time, which resulted in great artistic development for me.
Through my three years at the AUB I have had time to become professional with my practice in terms of techniques and artistic skills, but also been advised on how to handle commissions and approach potential client."
Maria, BA (Hons) Illustration
Specific Contact Pages: - Animation Production
- Architecture Course
- Costume Design
- Creative Events Mgmt
- Dance Courses
- Film Production
- Fine Art Course
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Design & Production
- Interior Design
- Illustration Course
- Fashion Course
- Textiles Course
- Photography Course
- Commercial Photography
- Visual Communication
- Make-Up for Media and Performance
- Acting Course
- Portfolio Preparation
- Masters Preparation
- Art & Design
- Courses / Programs
- Our Website Page
|Address: Wallisdown, Poole, Bournemouth, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.