Summer programs for gifted kids in Texas: Leadership camps in Dallas, Fort Worth & Houston, youth leadership program in Austin & San Antonio. Academic summer camp, leadership skills for middle school students/ talented teens.
Lone Star Leadership Academy: Based in Keller TX, Lone Star Leadership Academy provides spring break and summer academic leadership camps for outstanding 4th-8th grade students. Participants travel to Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin/San Antonio or Houston/Galveston to develop leadership skills and interactively experience what they are learning in school through visits to significant Texas sites. Bright, gifted and high-achieving students develop leadership skills and learn about the great state of Texas.
Spring Break & Summer Academic Leadership Camps for Outstanding 4th-8th Grade Students:
Leadership Groups Facilitators lead Leadership Group meetings, guide participants through program activities and work directly with students to make their week a rich and rewarding experience. One program facilitator (a Texas educator) is assigned to each Leadership Group (up to 10 students). Program participants are assigned to a Leadership Group. Leadership Groups give students the opportunity to develop friendships with other students, analyze speakers' remarks, discuss important issues, reflect on program activities, prepare for upcoming events and form a strong relationship with their facilitator.
Leadership Notebook Each participant receives a Leadership Notebook containing a detailed program schedule, speakers' biographies, site information and special interest stories. Leadership Notebooks include materials to enhance the educational value of sites visited and are used to facilitate discussions and individual and group activities. Leadership Notebooks are also designed to be used as a reference in participants' school classes.
Simulations The purpose of simulations is to motivate and promote students' abilities to participate as informed citizens in a democratic society. Studies demonstrate that students involved in a hands-on learning environment retain a higher percentage of information than those learning through one methodology, such as rote memorization. Learning objectives are extended through simulations relating to each day's topic. Simulations promote reasoning skills and teach critical thinking by allowing students to ask their own questions.
Career Speakers During the program, participants have the opportunity to learn about a variety of careers related to history, government, and geography. Presenters discuss education requirements, a typical day and the pros and cons of their professions. Students have the opportunity to ask questions and explore career options.
• Enroll your teen in an intensive and interactive English language camp in Austin in summer 2018 or winter 2019!
• Conveniently located in the West Campus area, close to Downtown Austin TX, HOFT Institute provides a summer ESL language program for teens ages 14+ from around the globe. (Students who are younger than 16 must have a parent or guardian with them in the United States.)
• The camp covers all language skills - listening, speaking, reading & writing with a strong focus on grammar.
• The camp also features fun activities combined with English language tutoring for beginner to advanced level students.
• A tourist / visitor visa is all that is required for our short ESL camps in Texas.
• With 30+ years of experience in providing intensive English language skills training for international students from around the world, we also offer a wide range of year round individual and group programs for students of all levels, from beginner to advanced.
Camp Huawni is a co-educational residential summer camp for boys aged 7 to 15 years and girls aged 7 to 16 years, located in Shelby County in East Texas, between the small towns of Timpson and Center. Started in 1965 and still family-owned / operated today, Camp Huawni offers an overnight summer camp for kids and teens in Texas, with outdoor activities included, as well as sports, adventure and fun.
Camp Huawni has been a safe haven for 47 years where children can be themselves and where lifetime friendships begin. Camp Huawni believes in fun, meaningful relationships, being outdoors, personal growth and tradition. Our smaller setting and 3:1 camper to counselor ratio make us unique and allows us to invest purely in relationships that result in true personal growth.
Camp Huawni has a total of four sessions, including 2 two-week sessions and 2 one-week sessions, and limits each session to 130 campers. Many campers enroll in up to 4 sessions, a total of 6 weeks. Camp Huawni is a Christian-based camp but welcomes children from any faith background.
Located in the scenic pine forests of East Texas, we have enabled generations of campers to experience life-changing summers at Camp Huawni.
• Join us in 2019 for our highly-immersive and exciting foreign language summer programs for kids and teens in The Woodlands in the North Houston area.
• Students attend our summer camps from The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, Humble, Porter, , Atascocita, Kingwood, New Caney, Montgomery County, and surrounding Houston area.
• Crossing Borders provides quality English and Spanish language summer camps for kids and high school teens ages 4-16 years old, as well as German & French summer camps for kids and teens 9-16 years old.
• Offered during the months of June, July and August, our summer language immersion camps are designed to give children & teenagers a unique opportunity to spend their summer break having fun learning or improving in a second or third language.
• In our Spanish summer camps, children are grouped according to age, level, and language proficiency.
• They learn in full Spanish immersion from one of our native Spanish speakers. They take part in arts & crafts, play games, and learn Spanish in a fun, interactive setting.
• Our programs have very specific goals while creating dynamic, energetic classes with emphasis on the target language by using our immersion strategies.
Student Review: "I'm finishing my time here, but I don't want to go without first say thanks to you and your team Crossing Borders...Each class that I have attended was excellent. I feel like I have had the best summer months." - Spanish Student
iD Tech Camps provides immersive technology summer camp programs for kids and teens in over 80 prestigious universities throughout the USA, including in Texas cities such as Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Austin, and San Antonio. These quality summer programs cover a wide range of tech-related subjects including video game design, application development, programming, web design and more. For kids & teens ages 7-17, iD Tech Camps offers weeklong day and overnight camps. In addition, iD Tech Academies offers 2-week long overnight programs for teens ages 13-18.
iD Tech Camps summer programs are designed so that you can register for one or multiple weeks (further camps). Many students choose to sign up for multi-week packages to build on their skills and learn new subjects.
iD Tech Camps offers a variety of cutting-edge summer camp courses for students who are interested in technology and computer science. Kids and teens learn one course topic per week, specializing in video game design, iPhone app development, Flash animation, programming, video editing and more – using the best brand name products from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Google, Microsoft, and beyond.
“Everything I have experienced at iD Tech Camps was great. The instructors were helpful, accommodating and overall fun people to be around. Best experience I’ve had this summer…” - Matthew, Student, University of Houston
Crossing Borders, Houston - English Camp 2021 for Kids ages 4-6
Courses / Programs
• Would you like your child to improve their English language skills this summer? Maybe you are moving to the Texas or the United States and need your children to be fluent by the time they start school?
• Located in south-central Houston TX (close to Downtown), Crossing Borders is a leading provider of ESL / second language instruction and cultural education for young children.
• We offer 2-10 week summer English camps for students ages 4-6 from the local Houston / Harris County area, and from around the world.
• Children ages 4-6 years of age are immersed in a second language whilst using arts & crafts, music, dance, etc. for a hands-on and fun experience!
• We focus solely on a full English immersion program that helps native and non-native speakers achieve their goals and prepare for the future by mastering a new language.
• Students enrolled enjoy a varied curriculum that ranges from grammar, vocabulary, phonics, linguistics to a more social and fun curriculum that includes dance, songs, role playing, traditional games, and board games.
• Our program is varied and flexible to help international parents who are planning a summer family vacation in Houston, Texas.
Founded in 1996, SPI offers college credit high school study abroad programs in Spain, France, Italy, Costa Rica, and China. Based in Austin TX, SPI’s interactive language immersion programs combine inspiring global leadership experiences, volunteer service projects, and exciting travel excursions where language and culture come to life!
SPI participants are high school students in grades 9-12 that come from all over the United States, and even from around the world.
SPI Study Abroad programs are designed to provide full cultural and language immersion for students by placing them in safe and easy-to-manage cities with caring homestay families. Students gain self confidence, independence, and maturity, as well as increased fluency in a foreign language — skills that enrich their lives forever.