Summer programs for gifted kids in Texas: Leadership camps in Dallas, Fort Worth & Houston, youth leadership program in Austin & San Antonio. Academic summer camp, leadership skills for middle school students/ talented teens.
Lone Star Leadership Academy: Based in Keller TX, Lone Star Leadership Academy provides spring break and summer academic leadership camps for outstanding 4th-8th grade students. Participants travel to Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin/San Antonio or Houston/Galveston to develop leadership skills and interactively experience what they are learning in school through visits to significant Texas sites. Bright, gifted and high-achieving students develop leadership skills and learn about the great state of Texas.
Spring Break & Summer Academic Leadership Camps for Outstanding 4th-8th Grade Students:
Leadership Groups Facilitators lead Leadership Group meetings, guide participants through program activities and work directly with students to make their week a rich and rewarding experience. One program facilitator (a Texas educator) is assigned to each Leadership Group (up to 10 students). Program participants are assigned to a Leadership Group. Leadership Groups give students the opportunity to develop friendships with other students, analyze speakers' remarks, discuss important issues, reflect on program activities, prepare for upcoming events and form a strong relationship with their facilitator.
Leadership Notebook Each participant receives a Leadership Notebook containing a detailed program schedule, speakers' biographies, site information and special interest stories. Leadership Notebooks include materials to enhance the educational value of sites visited and are used to facilitate discussions and individual and group activities. Leadership Notebooks are also designed to be used as a reference in participants' school classes.
Simulations The purpose of simulations is to motivate and promote students' abilities to participate as informed citizens in a democratic society. Studies demonstrate that students involved in a hands-on learning environment retain a higher percentage of information than those learning through one methodology, such as rote memorization. Learning objectives are extended through simulations relating to each day's topic. Simulations promote reasoning skills and teach critical thinking by allowing students to ask their own questions.
Career Speakers During the program, participants have the opportunity to learn about a variety of careers related to history, government, and geography. Presenters discuss education requirements, a typical day and the pros and cons of their professions. Students have the opportunity to ask questions and explore career options.
• Are you searching for a fun summer language camp in Houston TX for your child or teen? Conveniently situated in Rice Village in south-central Houston (close to Downtown), Crossing Borders provides 1 to 10-week Spanish summer camps for kids ages 4-12.
• English, French, and Chinese immersion camps are also available.
• Children ages 4-6 years of age are immersed in a second language whilst using arts & crafts, music, dance, etc. for a hands-on and fun experience! Our 7-12-year-old age group is immersed using a more structured method.
• All students are taught Spanish in a nurturing environment where a high level of Spanish proficiency is the goal. Based on their ability of the language, students learn grammar, literature, vocabulary, and social skills (that include dance, songs, role playing, traditional games, and board games)
• We focus solely on a full immersion program that helps native and non-native speakers achieve their goals and prepare for the future by mastering a new language.
• We also offer a 1-week Spring Break camp where students ages 4-8 get to experience a more social camp where they learn a new language by doing arts & crafts, social activities, and games.
Parent Review: “Absolutely amazing! Teachers and director are the best. Always friendly, warm and attentive. My children love it and I can see the progress they are making.“ - Esther
• Join us in 2019 for our highly-immersive and exciting foreign language summer programs for kids and teens in The Woodlands in the North Houston area.
• Students attend our summer camps from The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, Humble, Porter, Montgomery County, and surrounding Houston area.
• Crossing Borders provides quality English and Spanish language summer camps for kids and high school teens ages 4-16 years old, as well as German & French summer camps for kids and teens 9-16 years old.
• Offered during the months of June, July and August, our summer language immersion camps are designed to give children & teenagers a unique opportunity to spend their summer break having fun learning or improving in a second or third language.
• In our Spanish summer camps, children are grouped according to age, level, and language proficiency.
• They learn in full Spanish immersion from one of our native Spanish speakers. They take part in arts & crafts, play games, and learn Spanish in a fun, interactive setting.
• Our programs have very specific goals while creating dynamic, energetic classes with emphasis on the target language by using our immersion strategies.
Student Review: "I'm finishing my time here, but I don't want to go without first say thanks to you and your team Crossing Borders...Each class that I have attended was excellent. I feel like I have had the best summer months." - Spanish Student
Situated in the heart of Alamo Heights in San Antonio TX, New World Spanish provides quality Spanish language classes for adults and kids. In addition, we offer a Spanish summer camp for children ages 3-11.
Our engaging summer program provides your child with an excellent opportunity to learn Spanish in a fun way!
All of our teachers are native Spanish speakers. They have extensive experience in teaching Spanish as a second language.
Using songs, games, crafts, and other interactive activities, they will develop your child's understanding and confidence in speaking Spanish.
To provide flexibility for your summer plans, we offer weekly enrollment, with different themes each week.
Both half-day and full-day options are available, and you can choose to enroll your child for 1 - 5 days per week.
This year we are” traveling” through Mexico and visiting the beaches, the rain forest, the pyramids and much, much more!
iD Tech Camps provides immersive technology summer camp programs for kids and teens in over 80 prestigious universities throughout the USA, including in Texas cities such as Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, Austin, and San Antonio. These quality summer programs cover a wide range of tech-related subjects including video game design, application development, programming, web design and more. For kids & teens ages 7-17, iD Tech Camps offers weeklong day and overnight camps. In addition, iD Tech Academies offers 2-week long overnight programs for teens ages 13-18.
iD Tech Camps summer programs are designed so that you can register for one or multiple weeks (further camps). Many students choose to sign up for multi-week packages to build on their skills and learn new subjects.
iD Tech Camps offers a variety of cutting-edge summer camp courses for students who are interested in technology and computer science. Kids and teens learn one course topic per week, specializing in video game design, iPhone app development, Flash animation, programming, video editing and more – using the best brand name products from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Google, Microsoft, and beyond.
“Everything I have experienced at iD Tech Camps was great. The instructors were helpful, accommodating and overall fun people to be around. Best experience I’ve had this summer…” - Matthew, Student, University of Houston
Camp Katy Technology Camps, Sugar Land & Clear Lake
Courses / Programs
Camp Katy is a family owned and operated technology day summer camp with multiple locations in Texas for boys and girls ages 5-17. We provide week-long classes in 3D Game Design, Movie Production, Computers, Photography, Lego Mindstorm Robotics and more. Students may register for one, or multiple weeks at a time. Our summer camps are located in Katy, Waller County - Clear Lake, Webster & Houston, Harris County - and Sugar Land, Stafford, Fort Bend County.
We pride ourselves in hiding the learning in our exciting and flexible curriculums. Our instructors are "current". They know how to reach your kids and instruct them in the high tech skills they will need in school and in the future. Camp Katy helps to bridge the technology gap between what your kids learn in school and the skills they will need to be successful.
Week long day technology summer camps for children & teens (ages 5-17):
- 3D Game Design courses
- Movie Production classes
- All About Computers
- Graphic Arts & Web Design
- Professional Digital Photography
- Mobile Apps & Publishing
- Lego Mindstorm Robotics
- Hybrid Camps (combine 3-in-1)
- Junior Campers