Stover School, South Devon:
Stover is one of south-west England's leading independent day and boarding schools for girls & boys aged 3 - 18 years. Boarding programmes are available for students ages 7 and up. We are situated between Plymouth and Exeter in South Devon in the south-west of England. Set in 60 acres of beautiful grounds in Stover, Newton Abbot, Stover enjoys the benefit of a rural location but has the advantage of an excellent transportation network by road, rail and air. Our aim is to provide a happy and nurturing environment enabling pupils to acquire excellent qualifications.
Stover's key ethos is the delivery of a high quality education, delivered in small classes in accordance with Christian principles that enable pupils to acquire the qualifications, confidence and skills required to lead rewarding and successful lives as good citizens.
In pursuit of this, we aim to:
- Invest in educational excellence enabling the provision of effective, inspiring and stimulating teaching to pupils of wide ranging abilities;
- Maintain an ongoing evaluation of the quality and content of both teaching and learning;
- Provide a broad, forward looking curriculum at all levels with appropriate resources;
- Maintain a supportive and happy environment where the individual and spiritual needs of pupils and staff are recognized and provided for;
- Provide sound moral values through clear expectations of behaviour, emphasising respect and consideration for others;
- Encourage self confidence, self motivation and self discipline within a safe and caring community;
- Engage and maintain effective communication with members of the School and wider community;
- Value the School's special, natural environment and historic estate and to use them wherever appropriate in the curriculum.
- Pastoral care is regarded as an essential part of our school ethos. At Stover we aim to create an environment in which our pupils learn to be responsible for their education and each other. Helping our young people to feel at home is vital to their development. We nurture them and provide a family environment where they are supported in their studies and participate fully in school life. Stover pupils are encouraged to be courteous, kind, thoughtful and considerate at all times.
- At Stover, we attach great importance to the quality and extent of pastoral care provided to our pupils. Systems of monitoring and tracking are well established. Our regular tutorial systems ensure that every pupil is in contact with members of staff, to whom he/she can readily turn for help or advice.
- Our Head Boy and Head Girl both in the Senior and Preparatory School are on hand to provide support at all times. Our strong House system provides a framework for all our pupils to develop a sense of togetherness. Helping others, both within school and in the wider community, is an integral feature of school life. Pupils thrive at Stover due to the care provided by our dedicated and supportive team of staff.
Stover has a happy boarding community in which boarders can enjoy life in a relaxed, shared environment. Boarders live in Mansion House, Park House or Clock House. Younger pupils live in dormitories where they develop friendships that can last a lifetime. Single or double study bedrooms are available for our Sixth Formers. Each House has a Common Room in which the girls can relax together in comfortable surroundings.
Flexible boarding is available to all our day girls either regularly, for one or two nights per week or as a one off sleep-over, or perhaps more if parents are away.
Co-Educational Day & Boarding Programmes for students ages 3-18:
- Boarding Programmes (Ages 7-18)
- Day Programmes (Ages 3-18)
- Preparatory School
- Senior School
- GCSE Examinations
- Sixth Form
Key subjects include:
- Foreign languages
- Home economics
Stover School provides an excellent high quality of teaching and care from dedicated professionals. The "Access to the Curriculum in English" department (ACE) not only ensures expert teaching of "English as another language", but also liaises closely with other departments, in order to support learners' study in all subjects.
Our fine level of pastoral care, both in boarding and in the academic field, encourages the development of independence, social skills, co-operation and a sense of belonging and integration into the British Culture. Alongside this, the department's strong ethos of praise and encouragement boosts self-esteem and confidence enabling young people to better attain their full potential.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Stover, Newton Abbot, Devon, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.