Contact beauty schools in Southern California: Makeup artist school in Santa Monica offering short makeup courses for beginners/ beauty industry professionals. How to become a makeup artist in Los Angeles..
CHICSTUDIOS LA - School of Professional Makeup: Situated in Santa Monica CA, CHICSTUDIOS LA is a school of professional makeup that provides quality courses for local and international students who wish to pursue a career in the makeup industry.
Professional Makeup Artist Training Courses:
- 4-Week Pro Makeup Artistry (100 total hours)
- Fashion & Runway Makeup (14 hours)
- TV & Music Video Makeup (14 hours)
- Period Makeup (7 hours)
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print, Los Angeles
Courses / Programs
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
Launch your career in the fashion industry in as little as two weeks! Conveniently situated on La Cienega Blvd, close to Central Los Angeles CA, Elite Fashion Academy LA by Renee Esebag (EFALA) provides semi-private courses in Wardrobe/Fashion Styling, Modeling, and Make-up Artistry. Taught by celebrity industry professionals, these intensive programs are designed to provide the knowledge and hands-on experience to jump-start your career in the fashion or make-up industries.
Our on-set training provides invaluable practical experience and includes field trips, internships, networking, and working with live models. Our success rate is so high that our graduates have gone on to work with magazines, celebrity clients, major designers, and brands including Vogue, Style Network, BET, CBS, and many more.
EFALA offers in-house production services for creating a look book and photo shoots. Specializing in runway and red carpet events, we provide everything from hair and make-up artists to models, wardrobe stylists, and photographers.
Online Candle Making Classes for California, U.S. & global students
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique candles from the comfort of your own home or work studio in California with The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school owned by a UK candle designer based in Jamaica.
• Home Study / Online Candle Making Classes in California, nationwide or around the world include the choice of Live Seminars via Skype with Gary Simmons - one of the top candle designers in the world from the UK, or lessons via HD Video & PDF information files.
• These distance learning candle making courses for complete Beginners to Advanced artists will start you on the path to an exciting new career in candle design or a very rewarding hobby!
• These intensive candle making training courses are Hands-on and Very Visual, and follow the same techniques as our onsite programs, making it an ideal solution for people that live too far to be able to attend in Jamaica in person.
• Perhaps you would prefer to learn in person through an incredible educational program and vacation in beautiful Jamaica in the Caribbean!
• Business start-up and Hobby courses offered year-round, both onsite or online. Welcome to this very special profession!
Candle Academy Student Reviews:
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got." G. Woodard, USA
"You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination." Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified." Alex English, NBA Allstar, USA
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Located in the city of Poway in northern San Diego County (30 minutes north of Downtown San Diego), Bellus Academy is an internationally-acclaimed beauty career training school. We offer courses in Cosmetology, Advanced Cosmetology, Esthetics, Beauty Therapist Management, Make-Up Artistry, Massage Therapy, and Holistic Health Practitioner, all taught by top educators with vast industry experience.
Bellus Academy is one of the only academies in the nation to provide the advanced training and multiple license programs that can help prepare you for a premium career in the Beauty and Wellness industry. We are dedicated to graduating the top industry professionals by providing quality education. Our programs can educate you for a new career in the booming salon or spa industry in less than a year.
Founded in 1977, the Design Institute of San Diego is a private independent four-year college, and devoted to a single purpose: professional education in interior design. We provide an accredited 4-year Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design Degree program.
This is a professional level program accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) - formerly FIDER. The course works off a 132 semester-credit-unit curriculum, providing students with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the interior design profession.
The faculty, resources, administration, physical facilities, and educational activities of Design Institute are entirely committed to our interior design ethos. Located near the Pacific beaches of La Jolla, the facilities are of high-tech contemporary design and include spacious classrooms, drafting studios, exhibition spaces, computer labs, lighting lab, sample room, media center, student lounge, faculty lounge, administrative offices and convenient parking.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design Degree program (4 Years):
Modules / Courses include:
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Elements of Design
- History of Interiors
- Drawing & Composition
- Architectural Drafting
- Quick Sketching
- Color Theory & Application
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Ideas in Art & Architecture