Templeton Academy International:
Templeton Academy International is located in Nainital, a town in north India, on the foothills of the outer Himalayas. We are a residential school affiliated to CBSE and one of the premier residential boarding schools. The language of instruction in our academy is English, the international language of today. However, Hindi has a vital role on the curriculum and is taught daily in all classes. The education at Templeton Academy International is liberal and universal but at the same time it is Indian and firmly rooted in Indian history and tradition. Our objective is to work for a well rounded holistic education and on making learning a joyful experience. A successful graduate from Templeton Academy International will comprise of the following characteristics; Intellectually competent, morally sound, spiritually oriented, willing to serve, committed to doing justice and open to further growth.
The teachers at Templeton Academy International have great responsibility; they are selected keeping their depth of educational and specialized knowledge, creative flexibility and their willingness to contribute in teaching. There is one teacher for 10 pupils, what ensures physical, intellectual, moral and emotional development of students in their formative years.
In order to craft winners one has to be more than a teacher. A painter who creates a masterpiece out of a blank convas, a sculptor who shapes and moulds pliable minds; a guide who, with a gentle touch, can steer the uninitiated in the right direction - these are the qualities that define our teachers.
• The school store caters to the basic requirements: text books, stationery, students’ uniform and all related equipment.
• The canteen provides sweets and snacks. However, students are not allowed to purchase eatables on cash payment. They are issued coupons by their House Master/Warden which are used for this purpose.
• In the most modern and hygienic dining hall students are provided with milk in the evening and night and fruit in the afternoon, besides the three main meals. A well balanced and nourishing diet for vegetarians and non vegetarians is provided. Extra diet can be provided to students on the advice of the Residence Medical Officer.
• We also have an ampitheathre to add a Roman Touch of ancient gladiatorial contest and provide ample scope to students for their overall development.
• The Academy has a 5 bed Infirmary & a Memorandum of Understanding with Fortis Hospital. Experienced doctors visit the academy once a week.
• In our smart classes huge emphasis is laid on technology intensive teaching. Audio visual aids like charts, models, video films, cassettes, filmstrips, overhead projector and data projector are used regularly.
• Templeton Academy International has a well stocked library. The collection of books covers a wide range including Encyclopedias book of knowledge, short stories, plays, poems, fiction, classics, adventure stories, Science History, Geography, Arts & Photography etc.
• We also offer various campus activities:
- Literary Activities: Creative writing, News letter, Magazine;
- Cultural Activities: Dramatics, Folk dance, Indian and Western Music (both Vocal and Instrumental);
- Sports Activities: Field ad track events, Swimming, Boxing, Karate, Trekking, Weight Training, Gymnastics and Rifle Shooting;
- Games Activities: Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Football, Hockey, Lawn Tennis, Pool, Kho-Kho, Table Tennis;
- Club Activities: Debate, Quiz, Arts & Crafts, Scouts & Guides, School Band, Philately, Yoga and Photography.
As an extra help to the parents, we have the best arrangements for students to travel to and from our academy at the beginning of the term and at the end of the term. Usually escorted parties are taken to Delhi, Luckhow, Allahabad, Patna, Ranchi, Guwahati and Kathmandu. These arrangements are undertaken by the school as a voluntary assistance to the parents. Travel arrangements by air can also be made. Requests for such arrangements must be sent at the beginning of the term. Although all normal precautions are taken, the school or individual members of staff will not be responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage on these trips.
• English (literature & language) • Hindi • Classical Sanskrit language
• French • History & Civics • Geography • Social Studies • Mathematics
• Environment Studies • Physics • Chemistry • Biology • Economics
• Computer Science • Commerce • Business Studies • Accountancy
• Music • Fine Arts • Physical Education
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Naukuchiatal, Distt. Nainital Uttarakhand, Nainital, India|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.