Vicki Millar - Private Makeup Lessons, Toronto & GTA area: A multiple award-winning makeup artist, Vicki Millar provides private makeup lessons to new and established makeup artists across Toronto and the GTA / York region, including Vaughan, Markham, Newmarket, Aurora, and Richmond Hill. In addition, Vicki offers lessons in Barrie and Orillia. Vicki also provides private makeup tutorials to women of all ages - from teen makeup lessons to makeup for the mature woman.
Private makeup lessons for aspiring & experienced makeup artists: Each lesson is approximately 2 hours in length and takes place in the comfort of your home or venue of your choice. Learn from a full time working makeup artist who can share the bona fide facts about building a successful freelance makeup artist business.
The Basics of the Makeup Business Designed for new makeup artists In this lesson, you will learn how the makeup business works through to how and when to charge for your services.
Course Content: - Avoiding the common pitfalls many new makeup artists make - Determining the area(s) of the industry you want to work and how to get there, develop a strategy - Learn the basic understanding of how a business works from marketing through to finance - Learn how much to charge and when, including additional costs you need to work into your rates - Stocking a basic makeup kit, learn what is really needed and how to control stock - Understand how to develop your portfolio so that you will be hired for paid work
Enter The Bridal Market Quickly and Effectively Designed for new to experienced makeup artists who want to enter the world of Bridal Makeup
Course Content: - Know when to introduce additional skills such as airbrushing and hair styling into your bridal business - Learn the most effective methods to market your bridal makeup business; websites, social media, networking; which methods give fast results - Learn how much to charge; based on geographic location and skill level - Learn how to deal with difficult clientele and still receive good reviews - Understand how to build trust within the industry in order to gain additional clientele
Private Airbrush Makeup Lesson: Learn how to airbrush for bridal and TV clients, which products to stock and how to sell airbrush makeup as an additional makeup skill. You will be required to bring a model with you to this private makeup lesson. Vicki can supply one for you at an additional fee.
Private Makeup Lessons for Individuals: - The Complete Makeup Lesson - The Flawless Face - Teen Makeup Lessons - Makeup Lesson for Mature Women - All About The Eyes - Get Your Sexy Back - Advanced Makeup Lesson - Bridal Makeup Lesson - Corporate Makeup Lessons for Business Women
At GLOW Academy in Mississauga, Toronto, and Kitchener, Ontario, we provide professional training in Makeup Artistry, Airbrush Makeup, Hair Design, Lash Extensions, and all areas of Aesthetics, including: Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Nails, Facials, Peels, Brow/Lash Tinting, Massage and Microdermabrasion.
Specialized makeup programs are also offered in Bridal, Fashion, TV/SFX and Fantasy makeup. We offer full-time, part-time, evenings and weekend classes with flexible schedules.
We believe that true experience and confidence is built within a practical setting, which is why we are one of the few schools that is excited to provide our students and graduates with the opportunity to gain an extensive amount of practical experience in industry events and our in-house studio.
This allows our students to graduate with a resume full of experience and a complete portfolio book of their actual work as they embark on their career path.
Aesthetic students also have the opportunity to be scheduled into working at our “Beauty Lounge” to further hone their skill sets and confidence by servicing the general public.
Student Testimonial: "The teachers are great, very helpful and understanding. The overall environment of the school is friendly and everyone is so helpful in achieving my career goals.
I've learned a lot of great new techniques in all the courses I have taken so far. Great school! I would recommend this school to all."
- Samantha T, Hamilton, ON
Improve your art / design / architecture portfolio with private lessons from renowned art tutor Mr Rick Gee.
PortfolioPrep provides private, one to one portfolio preparation sessions and experienced guidance to Canadian and international students. Lessons are available online via Skype, and in the Greater Toronto Area of Southern Ontario, Canada.
Preparing a strong portfolio to demonstrate your artistic abilities is a critical part of your application to any art school or college around the world.
• London Art Portfolio provides successful Art and Design portfolio preparation courses and foundation courses in Central London in all areas of fine art and design to students from Canada & around the world - at all levels. We help to prepare you for University applications, professional interviews, or your personal development!
• Prepare for entry to a Masters Degree, Bachelor Degree, Foundation Diploma or Pre-Degree level course in Art and Design.
• We ensure successful placements at all levels, including onto University of the Arts London, UCA & other renowned art colleges & universities in the UK, USA & around the world.
• London Art Portfolio is run by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist with many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for degree applications, organising exhibitions and preparing students for interviews.
• Julia has great success in placing British and international students onto the right course, at the right level, at any stage in your career.
• With class size limited to 12 students, we offer a very personal, tailored service throughout the year.
"Central Saint Martins has offered me a place on Foundation Pathway: Graphic Design. I'm so happy! Thank you so much for your guidance and all heart that you put in to help me out." - Aleksandra, Poland
"At the end of the course, I had an interview at the London College of Fashion and was accepted! It was a great victory & I owe a lot to London Art Portfolio! Thank you very much!" - Paola, Italy
Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD)
Courses / Programs
The Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic college of creative applied arts. Our small, intimate campus is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC, near major bus routes and steps away from the Skytrain.
VCAD offers a range of Art and Design diploma programs in fields including fashion, graphic design, interior design, and animation. Our Applied Arts curriculum has been developed to ensure that our graduates are successful in meeting the employment requirements of these industries.
By the end of their studies, graduates will have developed the expertise needed to create a professional portfolio that showcases their creativity and talent while displaying the skill set that employers look for.
VCAD maintains close ties with the fashion, graphic design and video gaming industries to continually assess our curriculum and gain insight about industry needs.
Note: Visual College of Art and Design of Vancouver only accepts inquiries here from persons living in Canada at present.
- 3D Modelling, Animation Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Visual Effects Art & Design
- Game Development and Design
- Mobile Game Development and Design
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Design (Specialization in Marketing)
- Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion
Located in downtown Toronto, Canada, The School of Professional Makeup provides comprehensive training in special effects, prosthetics, bridal, fashion, TV & Film makeup.
The job opportunities in this profession are endless. Bridal and fashion makeup, spa, film, television, and stage are areas one might specialize in or embrace them all to keep life interesting.
The School of Pro Makeup is registered and approved by the Ministry of Education and Training. Our instructors are professional makeup artists currently working in the industry. Our training is savvy and our intention is clear: we take great interest in our student's success. Come on board with a private makeup school that truly cares.
The Beauty Box by Sheriff - Professional Makeup Classes in Toronto Area & Ontario
Courses / Programs
• Whether you want to take the first step towards an exciting new career as a professional makeup artist, or want to learn new makeup skills for personal use, The Beauty Box by Sheriff in Toronto may be the perfect solution for you!
• Through our exclusive mobile makeup bootcamps, The Beauty Box by Sheriff provides makeup artist bootcamps and private mobile makeup classes in Toronto and GTA; Mississauga, Brampton, North York, Etobicoke, Vaughan, London, Pickering, Scarborough, Barrie, as well as in Kenora, Thunderbay ON. They are also offered in several other cities throughout Canada.
• Our flagship makeup school is situated in Winnipeg MB.
• Suitable for complete beginners or beauty industry professionals who wish to offer additional services to their clients, our beauty and makeup workshops are taught by experienced and qualified instructors.
• Class sizes are kept small, and there is an emphasis on hands-on experience.
• The Beauty Box by Sheriff offers financing to qualified students. We pass along employment opportunities to our graduates.
• "This class was well worth every cent. I landed my job doing what I love to do - makeup. I would not have gotten the foot in if I did not show up prepared with my portfolio and new skills. Thanks to all the instructors and staff at Sheriff Professional." Cindy
Intensive 1-Week Makeup Artistry Bootcamp
• With study modules: Beauty & Bridal, Film & Fashion, Make-up For Photography.
Lash Technician / Eyelash Classes in Toronto
• Individual Eyelash Extension Specialist, 2-day Certification Program.
MOBILE Personal Makeup Classes in your Home location:
• One-on-One, Private Makeup Bootcamp, 3 Hour Program for any age
• 55+ AGELESS BEAUTY Makeup Classes geared for the Maturing Woman
• TEEN Makeup Self-Esteem Program (Ages 13-17).
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES of any of the above makeup courses for Home Study in Canada & USA.