THINK Global School:
THINK Global School is an IB-authorized traveling high school. There is no other school like TGS on the planet. THINK Global School offers students the opportunity for a life-changing journey. Students ages 14-18 explore our world, studying in three new international cities each academic year. Experiencing new cultures, trying new delicacies, listening to and learning from the people they meet and their fellow students. TGS prepares students for success and fulfillment at university and more importantly – onward through life. TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. In the academic year 2017-18, TGS is based in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain.
International Traveling High School Program for Students in Grades 10-12:
Our curriculum is guided by the IB Diploma Programme, with students taking the IB examinations prior to graduation at the end of their 3rd year.
Our core courses provide the backbone of this ambitious curriculum. These courses supply students with the fundamental tools for intellectual growth, while introducing the basic ideas and conversations that come alive in our experiential learning activities and interdisciplinary projects.
This fosters a sense of shared inquiry and discovery, and prepares students for university study and future employment.
Our “traveling school” structure provides unique opportunities and resources, and we also aim to pioneer useful new models and techniques for everyone who works in the rapidly changing world of international education.
Grade 10 - Pre-IB:
• English (World Literature)
• Global Studies (Anthropology, Current Events, Geography, History)
• Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
• Math (Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus)
• World Languages (Spanish 1, 2, 3)
• World Languages (Mandarin 1, 2, 3)
• Visual Arts (Film, Drawing, Painting, Photography)
• Physical Education
• newMedia Lab
Grade 11/12 - International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme:
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) constitutes the final two years of study at TGS, beginning in the 11th grade and concluding with the sitting of the IB exams at the end of the 12th grade.
All students enroll in the IBDP and study for their IB diplomas. Students additionally attend a weekly newMedia Lab, which provides relevant support for the needs of their IB course work. Students may also take IB Visual Arts courses.
We offer sufficient courses on campus in IB core and IB groups 1-6 for students to complete their IB diplomas, but so that we can expand our curriculum to suit a variety of interests, we also provide additional IB courses online. Students are limited to a maximum of two online courses.
The IBDP culminates in formal written examinations in most subjects.
The International Baccalaureate Organization has stipulated a rigorous course of study for Diploma Programme students, and TGS has created a structure of courses and study support to help our students succeed in this program.
The basic requirements associated with the IB diploma are:
Three IB core requirements
• Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
• Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)
• Extended Essay (EE)
One course from each of the following IB groups:
• Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature
• Group 2: Language Acquisition
• Group 3: Individuals and Societies
• Group 4: Experimental Sciences
• Group 5: Mathematics and Computer Science
• Group 6: The Arts
Three courses at Standard Level (SL) and three at Higher Level (HL)
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme courses offered at TGS are:
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
- Creativity, Action, Service (CAS)
- Extended Essay (EE)
- Language A: World Literature SL/HL
- Language A: Self Study World Literature SL
- Language A: Self Study Language and Literature SL/HL
- Language B: Spanish SL/HL
- Language B: Spanish Ab Initio SL (online)
- Mandarin Ab Initio SL (online)
- Economics SL/HL (online)
- Geography HL
- History: Route Two SL/HL
- Environmental Systems and Societies SL
- Business and Management SL/HL (online)
- Information Technology in a Global Society SL/HL (online)
- Psychology SL/HL (online)
- Philosophy SL (online)
- Social and Cultural Anthropology SL/HL
- Biology SL/HL
- Environmental Systems and Societies SL
- Mathematical Studies SL
- Mathematics SL/HL
- Film Studies SL
- Visual Arts SL/HL
THINK Global School students are equipped with the latest MacBooks, iPads and iPhones, and can record, report, and share their global education online as they travel the world.
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.