Arts University Bournemouth:
Situated in Dorset on the south coast of England, between the towns of Bournemouth and Poole, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university in the UK that specialises in arts, performance, design, and media education. London is only 2 hours to the north by train, and there are also regular sea crossings to Europe from the local area.
Bournemouth is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the UK, attracting 4 million visitors each year. It has won the internationally recognized European Blue Flag Awards for the past 21 years, (more than any other beach in the UK), as a sign of clean, well looked after beaches.
With a population of just over 163,000, it has all the attractions and appeal of a large town without the disadvantages of big city life.
Poole, which boasts the world’s second largest natural harbour, is one of the prime locations for a wide variety of water sports such as windsurfing, sailing, jet skiing, water skiing and kite surfing. Poole’s quayside area dates back to Roman times and is now home to many bars, cafés and restaurants.
It also has one of the largest Arts complexes outside London which is known for its wide variety of shows, concerts, films and exhibitions. The surrounding area is one of outstanding natural beauty, boasting English Heritage sites as well as picturesque towns and villages.
As well as its beaches, Bournemouth has one of the most vibrant social scenes outside of London, making it one of the best student towns in the country.
Many London shows come to Bournemouth when they go on tour throughout the UK so you have the opportunity to see top groups, world famous plays, musicals and ballets.
Our Enterprise Pavilion: We support new creative businesses, providing serviced office accommodation, media facilities, exhibition space and meeting areas.
Graduates are offered a wide range of mentoring and support resources to help development of their new businesses and ideas. These creative businesses offer work experience opportunities for our students.
School / Office Address:
UK / GB
How to get here:
- By Road: The University is situated two miles from the centre of Bournemouth, on the border between Bournemouth and Poole.
- Parking: Parking facilities at the Wallisdown campus are very limited and only available to those who hold permits. Open Day and Campus tour visitors will receive detailed local parking arrangements when booking a place on these.
- By Rail/Coach: Our nearest station is Bournemouth, which is served by a fast inter-city rail link from london Waterloo. There are also regular trains and frequent coach services running to Bournemouth from Southampton and other major cities.
- The University is approximately 2 miles from the train station and is a 5 –10 minute journey by taxi. There is also a bus service to neighbouring Bournemouth University.
- By Air: London Heathrow is approximately 2 hours from Bournemouth and London Gatwick is some 2 hours and 30 minutes away. Both airports are served by coach and rail links to Bournemouth. Southampton International Airport is 35 minutes away by road and also has a direct rail link to Bournemouth. Bournemouth International Airport is approximately 15 minutes away with local taxi and bus services.
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.