Makeup training courses / beauty schools in UK for British & international students: Beauty therapy schools, cosmetology colleges, makeup training in London. Beauty therapist city & guilds certificate courses, makeup study abroad degree programs, diploma courses, evening / weekend classes, nail tech training, make-up artist classes in England, Scotland.
• Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to explore Make-up for Media, Performance, Stage, and Screen - a key creative role in fashion, film and television!
• Located between Bournemouth and Poole on the South Coast of England, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university that specialises in arts, performance, design, and media education.
Study Abroad BA in Make-up for Media & Performance: • Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
discover the techniques and materials used in professional FX workshops, whilst exploring and developing your own originality as an artist.
Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen Summer Course: • We provide a range of 3 week creative summer courses to UK and international high school students (ages 16+) and college students.
• In this course, students are introduced to a diverse range of make-up and hair skills, as well as exploring prosthetic make-up and special effects for television and film.
• Students are encouraged to experiment with materials, styles and techniques with extended practical sessions giving you the opportunity to create your own looks.
Study Abroad BA Semester Program in Make-up for Media and Performance:
• Study alongside full-time degree students for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• Courses start in September and January each year
Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen Summer Course:
• 3 week camp for UK & international college students ages 16 years and older
Make-up Course features: • Learn key techniques and processes of creative make-up
• Avant Garde experimentation & High Fashion techniques
• Wig work and Period Hair
• Ageing effects
• Use of professional make-up studios
The London School of Beauty & Make-up provides the highest standard of education in all aspects of Beauty Therapy, Body Therapy and Make-up. Courses range from two days to eleven months and are held in our central London premises near to the West-end's famous Oxford Street. We offer full-week, part-week, evening and weekend beauty and make-up courses with start dates throughout the academic year. Our famous beauty school is in England, but our students come from every corner of the world for professional beauty training.
At The London School of Beauty & Make-up we have a fully operational student salon and retail shop where the students perform supervised treatments on paying clients as a vital part of their formal education. The students will have worked on each other extensively to gain competence before we allow them to work on the general public. All treatments are supervised by teaching and assessing staff.
The Royal Drawing School, located in Shoreditch, in the heart of London's East End, is an educational charity dedicated to drawing.
The aim of our school is to raise the standard and profile of drawing through teaching and practice, and to make it possible for every child with an aptitude for drawing to achieve their potential.
Our faculty of over 35 practicing artists, work on the premise that drawing is a living, evolving language.
Our well-lit studios and gallery are in a converted warehouse in Shoreditch, the heart of London's East End creative community. Each term there is a series of public evening lectures and discussions, every spring a series of film evenings, and every summer a free drawing marathon.
The nearest underground station to the school is Old Street, Northern Line City Branch. We're just a ten-minute walk or a five-minute taxi or bus ride from Liverpool Street - Central, District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith and City lines.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Conveniently situated in Central London just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
Situated in the prestigious Ealing Studios in Ealing, West London, Met Film School provides a range of Film Studies programmes including Bachelor & Masters Degrees, as well as Certificate Programmes and Short-term Courses. Unlike any other film school in the UK, we are completely integrated within the film industry, offering in fields such as acting, directing, screenwriting and more. On most of our courses, students write, produce, direct and edit their own short films - and are supported by their tutors and a professional editor.
All of our tutors are working industry professionals who are as passionate about teaching as they are about film. We employ a combination of regular tutors and guest lecturers to give you a comprehensive insight into all aspects of filmmaking. They are chosen for their knowledge of their discipline as well as their ability to inspire.
Our facilities include a 12,000 sq ft state-of-the-art building, a separate off-site shooting block with multiple spaces for camera workshops and productions & a well equipped kit room that includes: HD Cameras, prime lenses, HD monitors, and professional standard tripods and sound recording equipment.
You are here: School & College Search> Beauty Schools / Makeup Training in UK & England> Beauty therapy schools in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Bradford, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh (Scotland), Cardiff (Wales), Belfast (Northern Ireland).