Makeup training courses / beauty schools in UK for British & international students: Beauty therapy schools, cosmetology colleges, makeup training in London. Beauty therapist city & guilds certificate courses, makeup study abroad degree programs, diploma courses, evening / weekend classes, nail tech training, make-up artist classes in England, Scotland.
• Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to explore Make-up for Media, Performance, Stage, and Screen - a key creative role in fashion, film and television!
• Located between Bournemouth and Poole on the South Coast of England, Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university that specialises in arts, performance, design, and media education.
Study Abroad BA in Make-up for Media & Performance: • Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
discover the techniques and materials used in professional FX workshops, whilst exploring and developing your own originality as an artist.
Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen Summer Course: • We provide a range of 3 week creative summer courses to UK and international high school students (ages 16+) and college students.
• In this course, students are introduced to a diverse range of make-up and hair skills, as well as exploring prosthetic make-up and special effects for television and film.
• Students are encouraged to experiment with materials, styles and techniques with extended practical sessions giving you the opportunity to create your own looks.
Study Abroad BA Semester Program in Make-up for Media and Performance:
• Study alongside full-time degree students for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• Courses start in September and January each year
Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen Summer Course:
• 3 week camp for UK & international college students ages 16 years and older
Make-up Course features: • Learn key techniques and processes of creative make-up
• Avant Garde experimentation & High Fashion techniques
• Wig work and Period Hair
• Ageing effects
• Use of professional make-up studios
• London Art Portfolio (LAP) provides art and design portfolio preparation courses to artists and designers of all levels - from beginners to advanced.
• Popular with UCAS and Foundation applicants for portfolio development support, we have a 100% success rate for student placement in top art schools and universities in London, throughout the UK, and worldwide.
• We offer foundation courses in art & design, day and evening courses year-round, as well as one-to-one tutorials tailored to your needs. Online classes are also available.
• Conveniently situated in Central London just south of Tower Bridge in Southwark, LAP welcomes students from throughout the UK, as well as international students from around the world.
• London Art Portfolio was set up by Julia Dennis, a practicing artist who exhibits regularly in the UK and abroad.
• Julia has many years of experience in preparing art and design portfolios for all specialist areas for degree applications, organising exhibitions, and preparing students for interviews.
• Our courses attract a vibrant, diverse mix of creative students from all over the world, great for making new friends and fully enjoying London too!
Student Review: "Thanks so much for your help Julia! Our sessions gave me that step up that I really needed to get my portfolio and statement together in the nick of time!
The focus, encouragement and ideas that came out of sessions together were invaluable." - Amy - Otis College of Art and Design, MA Degree in Fine Art
The Manchester College came into existence on 1st August 2008, following the merger of City College Manchester and Manchester College of Arts and Technology (MANCAT). We are renowned for the range, flexibility and availability of the courses we offer, with more than 600 courses at all levels, from basic skills to higher education.
We offer certificate, diploma and foundation degree courses in various fields of art and design, including interior design, graphic design, animation, interactive media, video production and fashion industry courses. We also provide training in performing arts with focus on drama, music, acting and musical theatre as well as a degree in contemporary theatre practice.
The college's mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the whole community. We achieve this by providing high quality education, excellent facilities and outstanding personal support to help all our students to succeed and to build a successful future. Each year we enroll students from over 60 countries.
Foundation Degree Courses including:
- Contemporary Theatre Practice
- Jewellery and Applied Arts
- Photography & Digital Imaging
- Digital Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
Diploma Courses including:
- Interior Design
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Acting, Musical Theatre)
- Working in the Fashion Industry
- Interactive Media
Based in Devon in the UK, The Holistic Design Institute is a specialist UK registered college that offers distance study courses that use colour and design, creating beautiful, healthy and eco-friendly homes and gardens that offer support and healing to everyone who uses them.
We offer specialist distance learning Diploma courses in Holistic Interior Design, Healing Garden Design, Colour Therapeutics for Interiors, Transformative Therapy with art and music, Feng Shui consultancy and Japanese garden design.
All our Diplomas lead to an International qualification and are suitable for anyone looking for a new career using creative and design skills to create a more green, sustainable and caring community minded society.
Our courses are also good for professionals who want to expand their knowledge and increase their client base and expand their business.
We welcome students from all over the world and give a personal and friendly service.
We offer a number of different study modes, email, CD or workbook (UK only) and you can study at your own speed. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and personal college that offers tuition and guidance from experts in the field.
Stills opened in Edinburgh in 1977 as Scotland’s first gallery specialising in contemporary photography. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street. Since establishment, we have extended our facilities and now provide the best photographic darkrooms and digital production facilities in Scotland. We offer a programme of evening courses, weekend and one-day workshops in photography and digital media, as well as a summer school in photography and digital media.
We offer subsidised, low-cost training in everything from Photoshop and Dreamweaver to Black & White Photography so you can come to Stills to create your own website, print your own photographs, learn to use your digital camera and much more!
Stills is a vibrant platform for creativity. Our integrated programmes illuminate the fascinating medium of photography, exploring everything from its technical and aesthetic developments through to the central role it plays in contemporary culture. We are situated next to Waverly Station in the vibrant heart of Edinburgh’s Cockburn Street.
- Weekend Workshops:
* Digital SLR Camera Training
* Lomography: Creative Analogue Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Evening Courses:
* Digital SLR Photography
* Digital Video Editing: Final Cut Express
* Introduction to Black and White Photography
* Layout (Adobe InDesign)
* Maps & Mappings (Adobe Illustrator)
* Photoshop Essential Training Modules
* Website Design (Dreamweaver)
- 1 Day Workshops:
* Fashion Photography
* Portrait Photography
- Summer School in photography & digital media
London Jewellery School (LJS) is the UK's largest independent jewellery training centre based in London's famous jewellery quarter, Hatton Garden, near Holborn in the borough of Camden. With over 100 classes to choose from, more than 30 world-class jewellery tutors and three fully-equipped jewellery studios there is something at LJS for everyone.
Our motto is that 'everyone can make jewellery' which we truly believe and our classes are suitable for all ages and abilities from complete beginners through to professional jewellers. We run classes on weekdays, evenings and weekends to suit all timetables and prices start from just £42.
We also run very popular jewellery parties for both adults and children and work closely with the local councils to deliver jewellery classes in schools and libraries in and around London.
• Spend a summer, short semester, or academic year abroad in the UK with Arts University Bournemouth - a leading creative university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education.
• Situated just 2 hours south-west of London, we provide 1 to 3-term study abroad BA (Hons) courses for Americans, Canadians, international students, and professionals. Subjects include Architecture, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, and more.
• In addition to our semester abroad courses, we also provide 3-week specialist summer courses for students ages 16+ where you have full access to the university's state-of-the-art facilities. We also provide a 2-week Creative Arts Summer School course for students ages 14-15.
• AUB gives you the opportunity to develop your creative skills and gain credits towards your university degree without spending 2-3 years studying abroad on a full-time basis.
• Our classrooms feature modern equipment, and the university houses one of the largest art and design libraries in the south of England. Students meet industry professionals and find out why the UK has always been an influential creative resource.
Student Review: “AUB staff and other students were very welcoming and supportive - a great atmosphere for being creative and meeting people from around the world” - Phillipe, France
BA (Hons) Semester Abroad Programs: 1, 2 or 3 terms. Subjects include:
• Animation Production
• Digital Media Production
• Fashion Studies
• Film Production
• Fine Art
• Graphic Design
• Visual Communication
• Visual Effects Design & Production..
Specialist 3 Week Summer Courses: • Architecture & 3D Design
• Complete Film Making
• Make-Up for Stage and Screen
• Creative Photography Portfolio
• Introduction to Animation
• Introduction to Fashion Design
• Portfolio Preparation for the Creative Arts
You are here: School & College Search> Beauty Schools / Makeup Training in UK & England> Beauty therapy schools in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Newcastle, Bradford, Bristol, Glasgow, Edinburgh (Scotland), Cardiff (Wales), Belfast (Northern Ireland).