Arts University Bournemouth:
Would you like a career as makeup artist for media and performance? Gain valuable experience and learn fundamental skills in the many aspects of make-up and special effects within performance, television and film with Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) - the leading arts university in the UK. Located on the south coast of England, and only 2 hours from London, AUB offers study abroad BA (Hons) semester programs for international students who wish to study in the UK for one term, two terms, or a full academic year. These short programs are available in a wide range of specialist art and design subjects, including Make-up for Media and Performance.Email: Contact us below
In addition to our Study Abroad make-up program, we also offer a 3-week summer course in Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen.
Study Abroad BA (Hons) Make-Up for Media and Performance Program:
Duration: 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms. Courses begin in September and January each year.
AUB offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) degree in Make-Up for Media and Performance and international students will be fully integrated with existing degree students for one or more semester terms.
It is possible for students to transfer credits
earned on modules completed at Arts University Bournemouth to their own universities.
Make-Up for Media and Performance Course Content:
• With an excellent mix of practical, theoretical and work-based learning, you will learn fundamental skills and techniques for hair and make-up for a variety of live and recorded dramatic performance or media contexts.
• The course includes make-up and hair design for historical and contemporary drama, special effects and prosthetic make-up for film and television, and theatrical make up for performance including opera, ballet, music and dance.
• In addition to developing your specialist skills within a creative community of artists and practitioners, you will study the historical and contemporary contexts relevant to the work of today’s make-up artist.
• You will not only gain an understanding of the work of the make-up artist, but also how this role integrates with others in the creative process.
• You will have opportunities to work with students studying film production, acting, costume and modelmaking on ‘live’ collaborative projects.
• In addition, you will discover the techniques and materials used in professional FX makeup / prosthetics workshops, whilst exploring and developing your own originality as an artist.
3-week Summer Courses in Creative Make-up for Stage and Screen:
• For UK & international students
• Secondary / high school students (16+ years of age) & college students
On successful completion, students are awarded an official AUB Certificate of Attendance.
In this course, students are introduced to a diverse range of make-up and hair skills, as well as exploring prosthetic make-up and special effects for television and film.
Students are encouraged to experiment with materials, styles and techniques with extended practical sessions giving you the opportunity to create your own looks.