Situated in the heart of Milan's historic city center, StudyCELTA provides full-time and part-time CELTA Certificate courses for students who want to pursue a career as an English teacher in Italy, Europe, and abroad.
Our CELTA course teaches you the principles of effective teaching, and provides you with a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners. Students observe experienced teachers in the classroom, have hands-on teaching practice, and complete practically-focused written assignments.
We are an established teacher training center, and our CELTA courses are internationally-accredited by Cambridge ESOL. CELTA is the most frequently sought after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide.
Our tutors are highly qualified, experienced trainers in well-established teacher education centers, and our courses feature real-life English teaching practice in a live classroom.
- Full-time option (4 or 5 weeks)
- Part-time option (20 weeks)
- 2 hours teaching practice per day
Units of Learning:
- Language analysis and awareness
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Planning and resources for different contexts
Located in the centre of Milan in Northern Italy, IH Milan offers the internationally recognised CELTA course. Classes are taught according to IH World’s rigorous and industry-wide recognised high standards. The CELTA course is pre-service so it is primarily aimed at people with little or no teaching experience. It is also suitable for teachers who have teaching experience but who have had little or no formal training. It is considered to be a solid foundation for teaching English as a foreign language.
The course is recognised by EFL organisations worldwide and the certificate is the most highly respected of its kind in the world. Candidates must be at least 18 years old. The course is open to native and non-native speakers of English but applicants must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the course and teach English.
Internationally-recognised CELTA course:
- Course duration: 120 contact hours.
- Topics include Language Analysis and Awareness; The Learner, the Teacher and the Learning/Teaching Context; Planning for Effective Teaching; Classroom Management Skills; Teaching Procedures and Techniques.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old by the start of the course and are usually required to have a standard of education which would allow them entry to higher (tertiary) education in their country.