John Cabot University, Rome:
John Cabot University (JCU) is a private, American liberal arts university located in the heart of Rome, Italy. We offer a four-year Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs degree program in English. This program provides students with an opportunity to understand contemporary global problems and issues.Email: Contact us belowBA in International Affairs Degree Program (4 years):
This undergraduate program is a four-year liberal arts degree program consisting of 40 courses (120 credit hours) including a major in International Affairs.
This program focuses on the institutions and the processes by which international affairs are conducted and on the forces which influence national policies. The emphasis is not only upon those factors which cause international conflict, but also upon the instruments of peace.
"I am in classes with people from Italy, Germany, Saudi Arabia, just to name a few of the countries represented in the student body. Not only have I learned to work in teams with people from different cultures, but I've made friends from all over the world.
You wouldn't believe the charisma and the energy that you find here, with such diverse people beginning a new adventure and becoming a strong community, like a family."
- Samira, USA
1. Modern Europe II
: The Age of Imperialism
2. Modern Europe III: Europe Since 1945
3. Principles of Microeconomics
4. Principles of Macroeconomics
5. International Economics
6. International Affairs
7. Introduction to Political Theory
8. International Organizations
9. Comparative Politics
10. Public International Law
11. Social Science Research Methods
12. Senior Seminar in International Affairs
- Major Electives: Five elective courses are required for the major.
- General Electives sufficient to give a total of 120 credits.
- Students must complete the course Modern Europe I: The Age of Nationalism.
- The Proficiency Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Foreign Language.
- The General Distribution Requirements of the University in English, Mathematics and Science, Social Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts (many of the Humanities and Fine Arts requirements will be satisfied by the core curriculum courses).
This degree program will be of value to anyone planning a career with an international dimension - international business, international law, or government.
An International Affairs major with a concentration in economics is an excellent background for a career or graduate program in international business and finance.
Evidence of English Language Proficiency:
If English is not your native language and you didn’t attend an institution where classes were taught in English, please submit your TOEFL score (minimum score – 213 in the computer test or 550 in the traditional, paper test), ibTOEFL 85+ or IELTS 6.5+.