John Cabot University, Rome:
John Cabot University (JCU) is a private, American liberal arts university located in the heart of Rome, Italy. We offer four-year Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programs to undergraduate students from over 55 countries worldwide. The language of instruction is English.Email: Contact us belowStudy Abroad Degree Programs in Rome:
If you are considering studying in Rome with us for four years, JCU, with its prestigious and dedicated faculty, and its rich and rigorous curricular offerings, will provide an unforgettable academic experience whose fruits you will enjoy for a lifetime.
One of best things about a JCU education is our location in Rome, Italy, a city of unparalleled cultural wealth and international significance. We take full advantage of Rome’s resources by incorporating Roman, Italian and European sites, history, literature and politics into our highly regarded liberal arts curriculum.
"I was accepted to the Master’s program at Sotheby’s Institute of Art for Art Business in New York City. The wonderful professors at JCU prepared me well for this program. The many onsite classes gave me the opportunity to use the entire city of Rome as my classroom."
- Susan, USA
Benefits of Studying Abroad at JCU:
- Students wh
o earn degrees at John Cabot University are well-prepared to enter the international workforce. Multi-lingual and globally sophisticated, our alumni get jobs in multinational companies, universities, financial institutions, and diplomatic organizations.
- JCU employs a multinational faculty who enrich classes with their wide-ranging perspectives and global worldviews.
- JCU has a sophisticated, international student community with 900-1,000 students from 55 countries including visiting students from prestigious universities across the United States. By developing friendships with people from 55 countries, you are helping to create a more peaceful, global society. The international business, political, and artistic relationships you forge here will shape the future of the world.
Accredited Undergraduate University Programs:
JCU offers two-year Associate of Arts and four-year Bachelor of Arts degree programs. Students who achieve high levels of academic excellence (minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5) have the option of taking specially designated “Honors Courses.”
- Business and Economics: Business Administration; Economics and Finance; International Business; Marketing
- Humanities: Art History; Classical Studies; English Literature; History; Humanistic Studies; Italian Studies
- Political and Social Sciences: Communications; International Affairs; Political Science
Evidence of English Language Proficiency:
If English is not your native language and you didn’t attend an institution where classes were taught in English, please submit your TOEFL score (minimum score – 213 in the computer test or 550 in the traditional, paper test), ibTOEFL 85+ or IELTS 6.5+.
Italian Language Courses:
We recommend that study abroad students take at least one Italian language course as part of their program while studying at John Cabot.
Placement is determined by the Italian proficiency exam administered during the orientation session.