The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton: Conveniently located in Edmonton, The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology provides a quality 2-year Captioning and Court Reporting diploma program. Captioners and court reporters are highly skilled professionals who can capture speech at speeds of 225 words per minute (wpm) and higher. Using electronic shorthand machines and sophisticated computer technology, students in our program learn to write and translate the spoken word simultaneously to the printed word at speeds of 225 words per minute and higher.
2-year Captioning and Court Reporting diploma program:
Course Curriculum: Level One: - Trial Procedures 3 - Machine Shorthand Theory I - Machine Shorthand Theory II - Machine Shorthand Theory III - Business Law - Fundamental English for CACR - CAT Software I - Criminal Law - Machine Shorthand Testing I - Machine Shorthand Development I - Intermediate English for CACR
Level Two: - Medical Terminology - Captioning and CART - CAT Software II - Machine Shorthand Testing II - Machine Shorthand Development II - Advanced English for CACR - Transcript Production - Current Events and Specialized Terminology - Machine Shorthand Testing III - Machine Shorthand Development IIIA - Machine Shorthand Development IIIB - Reporting Procedures - Ethics and Professional Development - Professional English for CACR - Practical Training
• Gain the expert knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a spray tan consultant with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - one of the leading spray tan training providers in Canada!
• The world's first spray tan training academy, Aviva offers onsite spray tan classes in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC and Montreal, Quebec. In each city, our 1-day certification programs are held in a leading hotel.
• In addition to our in-class training, we provide comprehensive online spray tan classes that allow you to earn your professional certification from the comfort of your own home or office, with content available 24/7.
• All of our spray tan courses come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Spray Tanning Certificate.
• Sunless spray tanning is one of the fastest growing services in the beauty industry, increasing by almost 500% in the past 5 years!
• Our interactive short courses are ideal if you want to add a spray tanning certification to your beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, or improve the profitability of your current spray tanning business.
Student Review: "I don't think my business would be where it is today without the quality of the Aviva products & training and all the wonderful marketing information & suggestions the Aviva staff has provided...After completing your online training and adjusting to their methods to the Aviva-Way all our tans are now even and natural." • Patti, Mississippi
• Canadian Centre for Verbatim Studies is a Ministry-approved career college that specializes in the online training and professional development of Authorized Court Transcriptionists (ACT), and Digital Legal Monitors.
• We provide a 14-week online Court Transcription certification program as well as a 4 to 16-week Digital Legal Monitor / Court Reporter course for home-study students living in Canada.
• We offer our students the rare opportunity to achieve a qualification that allows you to work in the middle of the action of the legal profession without a law degree!
Court Transcription course:
• All classes are delivered by a professional transcriptionist who has worked for several years as an educator, a court reporter for the Ontario courts, and an ACT.
• We provide students with a comprehensive education in court transcript production, and ensure that they are fully equipped to produce accurate, reliable transcripts of legal proceedings.
• Graduates meet the transcript qualification standards set out by the Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario, and are eligible to register and become an Authorized Court Transcriptionist (ACT).
Digital Legal Monitor course: • A digital monitor is also responsible for all of the duties of a court reporter, including marking exhibits, swearing in witnesses, and providing playbacks.
• Students will have access to the course for 4 months. Students can sit the final exam at any time.
The Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Courses / Programs
Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TSTCM) is one of the leading Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) institutions in Ontario, Eastern Canada. We are dedicated to providing first-rate training in Chinese acupuncture, herbal medicine and tuina massage. TSTCM offers comprehensive programs ranging from certificate programs for people who have a strong interest in Chinese medicine, to professional diploma programs for serious students who plan on building a career around TCM.
We offer comprehensive diploma programs in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese Acupuncture, Tuina Massage, and Herbal Medicine. With our proven training methods, graduates have all the tools they need to build rewarding and successful careers practicing TCM. Our graduates have attained a reputation for excellence in the field of alternative health care and are highly sought-after by wellness and medical clinics. Many have gone on to open their own successful practices.
Metro College of Technology is a private continuing education institution in Toronto, Ontario, Canada which is well-known for our practical and advanced courses and programs, specializing in adult education. We offer a range of certificate and diploma programs in the faculties of Business and Management; Engineering and Technology; Information Technology; Healthcare and Legal Services.
The courses and programs represent cutting edge technology and the skills needed to meet today's dynamic job market are developed. Along with theory-based instruction, students receive intensive hands-on training brought by the instructor in the current job market, providing them with a unique advantage to secure a successful future, making our courses and programs rank as one of the best colleges in Toronto.
To graduate from a program with working experience, students must complete practicum (internship). To be competent for intermediate or advanced level positions, students are required to complete a co-op placement or a challenging project.
Diploma & Certificate courses include:
- Computerized Accounting and Office Administration
- Business Administration
- Hospitality Management
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Civil Engineering Design and Technology
- CNC & MasterCAM Technology Course
- Programming and System Analysis
- Network and Database Administration
- Software Training for Data Analysts, Computer Programmers and Statisticians (SAS)
- Medical Office Assistant
- Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Conveniently located in Vancouver BC, Lost Boys Studios | School of Visual Effects is North America's only dedicated visual effects school. We offer an intensive 10-month accredited program supplying world-class training in photo-realistic 3D for VFX and compositing for film and television.
Our mission is to provide expert visual effects training resulting in employable artists with a professional-looking portfolio, competent in their craft and knowledgeable of the working pipeline of a studio.
Our students work with the award-winning VFX Supervisor/Mentor, Mark Bénard, in a project-based learning environment, covering VFX pre-production and shooting, 3D for VFX and compositing. The program now includes a 8 week practicum in a local studio, so you gain industry mentorship and experience working in a pipeline before you even finish your schooling. Boasting over a 96% job placement rate, Lost Boys is the eminent school of visual effects.
Inter-Dec College is located in Montreal, Quebec in western Canada and offers design, beauty and imagery programs. Our design programs consist of interior design and set and prop design. As part of our beauty programs students can choose between artistic makeup for fashion and beauty or for TV, film and theatre, massotherapy, hairdressing and aesthetic care. Our imagery programs include 2D/3D animation, graphic design, video games, video editing and commercial photography. Training can be taught in French or English.
Since its founding in 1983, the Inter-Dec College has distinguished itself by the quality of its training, its varied programs and the excellence of its student services. Our courses, averaging one year in length, are all made up of intensive classes that allow graduates to immediately enter the job market. The programs at Inter-Dec College lead to attestations of collegial studies (AEC), diplomas of professional studies (DEP) and in-house diplomas (AE), all recognized by the Canadian Ministry of Education. For international students, your AEC will provide access to jobs upon graduation, so you can stay in Canada and acquire professional experience.