Pitman Training London:
As the oldest-established office skills training organisation in the UK, Pitman Training in London's Notting Hill and High Holborn offers a wide-range of courses leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
Email: Contact us below
( or request a callback ).
Audio Transcription Level 1
An Introductory Audio Typing Course.: This is a fantastic self-paced course for students wishing to learn audio transcription skills. It's a secretarial course that will add audio typing to your skill set in the shortest time possible. The course is also suitable for students who wish to gain an OCR in Audio Transcription Stage I Part 2 as part of their secretary training. We find there is particu
lar demand for audio transcription from medical and legal secretaries.
6 lessons over 15 hours at Pitman Training London (High Holborn or Notting Hill), covering the following subjects:
- Effectively operate the transcriber, transcribe sentences, the use of the comma, and transcribe paragraphs, which include initial capitals.
- Transcribe sentences displayed in double line spacing, transcribe a short report with the heading in capitals, and transcribe a business memo and a report displayed in double line spacing.
- Transcribe a short report containing commonly mis-spelt words at increased speeds, transcribe a longer report and change to single line spacing as instructed, transcribe a memo containing measurements.
- Transcribe sentences containing similar sounding words (homophones), transcribe a report and change line spacing as instructed, and transcribe a business letter with enclosure.
Audio Transcription Level 2
This course is for those who want to achieve audio typing skills to the OCR Text Processing Level 2 Audio Transcription (Intermediate) syllabus. If you've already completed our Level 1 course in this subject and you're familiar with Word 2003, this training programme will take your skills to new heights.
6 lessons over 14 hours at Pitman Training London (High Holborn or Notting Hill), covering the following subjects:
- Transcribing a letter, memo and report, including the changing of line spacing.
- Transcribing a variety of documents which include special marks, brackets and vertical space, routing of documents.
- Transcribing documents and timing to help increase speed..
- Transcribing documents from dictation including hesitations, corrections and missing text.
For further information on the courses above, please contact us via the contact form below.