Animation certificate programs in California: Visual effects training in Los Angeles. Digital production & entertainment design courses for students & industry professionals. Maya training online, visual effects certification in Hollywood area, Southern California.
Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Hollywood: Located in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles, Gnomon School of Visual Effects is an innovative training facility that stresses the importance of creativity in computer graphics. We provide a range of Visual Effects & Animation Certificate Programs in fields that include Entertainment Design, Digital Production, Professional Studies, and more. Whether you're a student or a working professional, Gnomon has educational options to help you reach your goals as an artist in the entertainment industry.
Entertainment Design Certificate: Gnomon's Entertainment Design Track consists of twenty intensive drawing and design courses. Each class develops the student's knowledge, technique, and understanding of the creative process.
Courses Include: - Photoshop for Digital Production - Figure Drawing - Overview of VFX and Game Production - Perspective - Visual Communications 1 - Art History 1 - Visual Communications 2 - Anatomy - Costumed Figure Drawing - Graphic Design - Character Sculpture 1 - Art History 2 - Zoological Drawing - Storyboarding - Character Design - Product Design - Color Theory and Light - Design History - Introduction to Maya - Creature Design - Environment Design - Vehicle Design - Film History
Digital Production for Entertainment Certificate: This program is intended for those who have a background in visual or traditional art and desire a career as a digital artist in the game, broadcast or film industries. Our curriculum is geared towards the development of artistic and technical skills by profession and not by industry. Therefore, we teach you to be an accomplished artist first. Your skills are then applicable to all industries of entertainment. As these industries converge and the level of quality improves, both the fundamental and specialized skills attained are transferable.
Entertainment Design & Digital Production Certificate: The Entertainment Design and Digital Production Program is a full-time 3-year curriculum blending one year of foundation art and design classes with two years of digital production. This program is for students who desire a career as a digital artist in the game, broadcast or film industries but have limited traditional art skills. As with all of Gnomon's programs, the goal is to create well-rounded, production ready artists who are versed in digital and traditional skills.
Maya Fast Track Certificate: The Maya Fast Track program is designed primarily for individuals who already have a solid understanding of 3D concepts. It is a demanding and intensive program for those who need to get up to speed on Maya quickly. Based on the time-tested curriculum of Gnomon School of Visual Effects, this program will provide a thorough introduction to the premiere 3D program being used in high-end production.
Located on Russian Hill overlooking beautiful San Francisco Bay, the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI) is an accredited art school that offers a wide-range of Certificate, Diploma, and Degree programs in art & design fields that include Animation, Art History, Fine Arts, Photography, and more. We provide a variety of undergraduate and graduate options for students from our fully equipped facilities and state-of-the-art technology resources on campus.
SFAI emphasizes vision, imagination, intellectual development, hands-on experience, and engagement with the world. Our faculty encourage students to be self-motivated and self-directed, and provide guidance and support.
Artistic, personal, and intellectual development is fused so that the process of making work is a life-enriching experience and prepares students for a creative life. As an institution we continue to be innovators in the field of education.
SFAI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
CMC School, Yucatan - Color Reading / Chromatology Workshop
Courses / Programs
Psychic ability practitioners, medical professionals & color therapy healing enthusiasts living in California may be interested in this unique short program in Mexico:
• Develop your psychic ability with Divination through color in the abundantly colorful and spectacularly scenic state of Yucatan in Mexico!
• Chromatology or Chromatics is the study of color, and at CMC School in Yucatan, we offer an exciting and highly educational chromatology, divination & color reading workshop (taught entirely in English) to develop your psychic ability and enable you to make color readings.
• Today, color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) is used extensively by interior designers, fashion designers, beauty therapists, holistic and healing therapists, doctors, mediums, and artists to enhance the power of color and color combinations.
• CMC School is owned by U.S. citizens from Texas, and we are excited to welcome tourists and alternative adventure travelers to our new destination workshop in Progreso Beach, a tranquil & picturesque location just 30 minutes north of the city of Merida (renowned in many articles for its safety, architecture, food and voted the #1 place to retire in Forbes Magazine!).
• Our programs appeal to professionals, therapists, vacation seekers & travelers from the neighboring border states of CA, TX, AZ and NM, from across the U.S., local students from Mexico, as well as international students from Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean, and around the globe.
Conveniently situated in Orange CA, OC Pro Makeup Academy provide a range of make-up artist training classes. Taught by highly-trained and skilled instructors, our make-up courses include lots of hands-on, one-on-one instruction which is the ideal way to get the most out of the learning experience and ensure that you are able to put your new skills to use as soon as possible. Our comprehensive courses, top-notch instruction, and affordable rates are just the right combination to make your talent shine, allowing you to bring out the inner beauty of any subject!
At OC Pro Makeup Academy, we believe that hands-on training is the best way to learn. This is why we keep our classes small, with a maximum of six students. Working closely with our instructors, you'll be able to highlight all the natural beauties of any face, focusing on enhancement and creating a new, natural look for your clients. You will have access to the full professional kit including spatulas, makeup, shadows, brushes, etc..
Conveniently located in the heart of Glendale CA, just 10 miles north of Downtown Los Angeles, AML Academy is a quality make-up school that offers a wide range of professional make-up artistry courses including 'High Definition' specialities in beauty, fantasy, Avanti grade, and airbrushing. We also provide a range of hair styling courses in celebrity and print hair styling for bridal, fashion, runway and television.
Our founder, Alice Atakhanian, opened the doors of AML Academy to future artists, and has graduated over 50 students since it's opening in 2009. Her students learn all the secrets of make-up artistry and hair styling and she doesn't hold anything back from them.
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production