St Giles San Francisco:
St Giles Group of Colleges is one of the largest and most successful international English language training organisations, with a total of eight year-round schools worldwide. Every year an average of 10,000 students, from over 90 different countries choose St Giles for their English language learning needs. We have locations in San Francisco, USA, London Central, Brighton, Eastbourne and Highgate in the UK, Vancouver, Canada, as well as São Paulo and Campinas in Brazil. Here in San Francisco teaching is our core service, and to maintain the highest teaching standards we only employ teachers with special qualifications in English Language Teaching. All our teachers are carefully selected and extensively briefed in the St Giles approach to learning and teaching. All our Programs are are validated by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES).
* Winner of Language Travel Magazine Star Awards English Language School 2006, and nominated again in 2007.
* More than 50 years’ experience.
* Competitive fees and accommodation (we run an annual price check of major competitors).
* Attractive new location.
* Our staff are trained to focus on a friendly, flexible, and efficient service.
* We are committed to the continuous monitoring and improvement of services. St Giles has its own internal assessment. scheme and quality management system.
* Modern and updated equipment and resources - all centres offer wireless internet, computer centres, film projectors, interactive whiteboards and libraries with personal DVD players.
* Wide choice of accommodation - homestay, residence halls and hotels.
* Cafés with free internet access; Wi-Fi in all colleges.
* Active social events and excursion programmes.
* High teaching standards - we only employ certified teachers who are carefully selected and extensively briefed.
* Our teachers are trained to offer learner-centred teaching, focusing on your needs and your aims.
* All centres have a teacher development programme and sponsor teachers to improve their training.
* The confidence and quality assurance that comes with each and every course at St Giles.
* Learning American English, with American teachers.
* Studying in one of the longest-established and best-equipped English language training centres in San Francisco (founded in 1982).
a. To provide high quality courses for international students and trainee teachers in a learner-centred environment focusing on the students’ real and practical aspirations.
b. To offer a wide range of student support services of the highest quality to enable our students to enjoy their courses to the full.
The St Giles approach to teaching and learning a language is essentially learner-centred and communicative. This means teachers focus on your needs, your interests and your aims. You, the learner, are encouraged to participate actively in the process of learning and acquiring the language.
The courses in San Francisco are all validated by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES).
General English Programs; FCE, CAE and CPE Preparation; TOEFL and IELTS Exam Preparation; Business English Programs; English for Special Purposes; Platinum English Programs; Vacation English; English plus Internship; University and College Entry in the UK and USA.
We offer our students a wide choice of accommodation options in San Francisco to suit all ages and budgets. St Giles International has a team of trained staff to help with your stay, including all aspects of your accommodation and the planning of any additional trips. We can also arrange for you to be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodation.
This popular accommodation option is the ideal choice if you want to practise your English outside the classroom and learn about American culture and way of life first hand. Californians are known for their friendliness, hospitality and diversity - all of which is reflected by our hosts. Staying with a private host in San Francisco offers:
* Lowest price accommodation option
* Carefully selected and monitored hosts
* Choice of half board or breakfast only
* Choice of single or shared rooms
* All bed linen and towels provided
* Single or shared executive homestay options
* All homestays are located within 30-45 minutes from the school by public transport
2. Residence Clubs and Hotels:
For students who wish to have independence, St Giles San Francisco has a range of hotels and residence clubs located in the heart of the city, within a 10-minute walk from the school with excellent shopping, restaurants, theaters, and other attractions nearby. A Residence Club is a type of economy/standard hotel designed for those staying a month or more. It is often a cheaper option than hotels, and in some cases will provide cooking facilities in the room or meals in a dining room.
San Francisco has long been a favourite destination for language travellers. The combination of a mild year-round climate, fantastic sightseeing, shops and restaurants, bars and night-life, and some of the most beautiful scenery in the USA, ensures a steady flow of visitors to this relaxed but vibrant, diverse and above all welcoming city. It is the ideal environment in which to live, study and learn about American culture, offering excellent opportunities in sports, entertainment and the arts.
Spectacular beaches surround the city and you can sail or surf here all year round. San Francisco has more restaurants than any other city in the USA, and is the home of many theatres, music and dance companies, as well as a variety of museums. You will also have the opportunity to explore the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge, as well as the surrounding areas of Berkeley, Napa Valley and Carmel.
Learning with us can be fun! Our Social Coordinator arranges a variety of activities on most weeknights in San Francisco including discos, films and theatre trips and visits to Union Square and Chinatown. See some of San Francisco's famous sights like Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, and at weekends you can visit such exciting places as Hollywood, Yosemite National Park, and Lake Tahoe. You can even travel as far as Los Angeles, Disneyland, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon!
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Market Street, San Francisco, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.