Floral design programs in Bay Area CA: Flower arranging school in Silicon Valley, wedding flower arrangement classes. Short courses for beginners to advanced level, florist training for students in San Jose, Cupertino, Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco Bay Area..
California Flower Art Academy, Bay Area: California Flower Art Academy is a flower arrangement school serving the San Francisco Bay Area (Burlingame, Millbrae, San Mateo) & Silicon Valley (San Jose, Cupertino, Mountain View, Milpitas, Santa Clara). Our quality programs and seminars feature floral designs/arrangements (European floral design, Japanese IKEBANA flower arrangement, wedding floral decorations & funeral flower arrangements) as well as 3D Decoupage & Shadow Box Arts programs.
CFAA is pleased to provide students with a wide range of Flower Art Classes:
- European and American style of Fresh Flower Arrangement (Elementary to Instructor Course) - Wedding Flower Decoration Course (Party & Ceremony Arrangement Basic Course to Advanced Course) - Japanese Traditional Ikebana Arrangement Course (Elementary Course to Intermediate Course) - Funeral Floral Design & Decoration Course (Elementary Course to Intermediate Course) - European style Dried & Silk Flower Arrangement Program - Floral Design One Day Seminar (Table Arrangement Centerpiece Program & Weekend One Day Seminar) - Trial Short Seminar Program (Affordable Introductory Short Program and Ikebana Short Seminar) - European style of Shadow Box Arts and 3D Decoupage Course (Elementary to Instructor Course)
All lessons are offered with hands on training and ONE ON ONE instruction based on a small group class system limiting number of students (max 6 per class).
The Lankershim Arts Center is an all-inclusive arts facility located in the heart of North Hollywood in the NoHo Arts District of Los Angeles. For the past 10 years, the Center has been operated by The Other Side of the Hill Productions, Inc., a registered not-for-profit company, providing quality theatre, fine art and various arts programs including acting classes for adults and kids.
The Center is home to the award-winning Road Theatre Company, NoHo Gallery LA and many arts programs geared to the growing NoHo arts community. Built circa 1939 as a Department of Water & Power Building, the Lankershim Arts Center was renovated and transformed into an arts center by the Department of Cultural Affairs of the City of Los Angeles. It is now a registered cultural landmark.
Theatre Program; Fine Art Programs; Various Arts Programs. Weekend & Evening classes include Developing a Script in Progress; Vocal Coaching and Marketing for Your Professional Career; The Brass Tacks of Acting.
Conveniently located in the heart of Glendale CA, just 10 miles north of Downtown Los Angeles, AML Academy is a quality make-up school that offers a wide range of professional make-up artistry courses including 'High Definition' specialities in beauty, fantasy, Avanti grade, and airbrushing. We also provide a range of hair styling courses in celebrity and print hair styling for bridal, fashion, runway and television.
Our founder, Alice Atakhanian, opened the doors of AML Academy to future artists, and has graduated over 50 students since it's opening in 2009. Her students learn all the secrets of make-up artistry and hair styling and she doesn't hold anything back from them.
Elegance International (EI) School of Professional Makeup is a leading, accredited makeup school in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA. We provide a range of quality makeup training programs in the fields of makeup artistry, special effects makeup and studio makeup. In addition, we offer master classes, one-on-one training and continuing education programs. We welcome students from California and throughout the USA, as well as international students.
We are fully devoted to training budding makeup artists, and provide a comprehensive hands-on education in all areas of professional makeup. Our makeup classes are tailored to suit all categories of serious students who wish to develop a career in this area. EI welcomes students from all over the world to begin a career in the field of makeup artistry, and is approved to issue I-20 student visas to qualified candidates.
Elegance International is an ACCSCT (The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) member. Our student services include a full-fledged library and providing housing facilities.
Professional Makeup Classes and Workshops include:
- Artistry of Makeup
- Special Effects Makeup Program
- Studio Makeup Artist Program
- Master Classes in subjects such as hair arranging & wig styling, advanced tech lab, tattoos for film, airbrushing, face & body painting and mask making.
- One-on-one training
- Continuing education classes
We welcome international students, can issue I-20 student visas to qualified candidates and help with visa formalities, accommodation and job prospects.
UCLA Extension, Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts
Courses / Programs
One of the nation's largest and most comprehensive institutions of continuing higher education, UCLA Extension in the University of California, Los Angeles, has served students in Southern California since 1917. Our performing arts & entertainment courses are open to all adult learners, regardless of previous levels of study. Program fields include Acting, Visual Effects, Production Design, Music Technology, and many more. Each year, Extension offers 4,500 courses, linking 65,000 adults of diverse backgrounds to enhanced career, academic, and personal growth opportunities through lifelong learning.
UCLA Extension's Department of Entertainment Studies and Performing Arts is an internationally acclaimed program, providing practical training in all aspects of the entertainment industry. Students can enroll in individual courses to sharpen specific skills or pursue a comprehensive program certificate.
Our courses directly address the competitive demands of today's industry and prepare professionals with a broad, in-depth background. Students actively participate in a supportive, professional environment, taught by leading experts and artists currently working in Hollywood.
Performing Arts & Entertainment Certificate Courses:
- Production Crafts
- Visual Effects Creation
- Interactive Media/Games
- Film/TV Theory
- Music Theory
- The Music Business
- Recording Engineering
- Music Technology, and more...
CMC School, Yucatan - Color Reading / Chromatology Workshop
Courses / Programs
Psychic ability practitioners, medical professionals & color therapy healing enthusiasts living in California may be interested in this unique short program in Mexico:
• Develop your psychic ability with Divination through color in the abundantly colorful and spectacularly scenic state of Yucatan in Mexico!
• Chromatology or Chromatics is the study of color, and at CMC School in Yucatan, we offer an exciting and highly educational chromatology, divination & color reading workshop (taught entirely in English) to develop your psychic ability and enable you to make color readings.
• Today, color therapy (also known as chromotherapy) is used extensively by interior designers, fashion designers, beauty therapists, holistic and healing therapists, doctors, mediums, and artists to enhance the power of color and color combinations.
• CMC School is owned by U.S. citizens from Texas, and we are excited to welcome tourists and alternative adventure travelers to our new destination workshop in Progreso Beach, a tranquil & picturesque location just 30 minutes north of the city of Merida (renowned in many articles for its safety, architecture, food and voted the #1 place to retire in Forbes Magazine!).
• Our programs appeal to professionals, therapists, vacation seekers & travelers from the neighboring border states of CA, TX, AZ and NM, from across the U.S., local students from Mexico, as well as international students from Europe, Latin America, The Caribbean, and around the globe.
Yale MFA director Andrew Wood offers reasonably-priced acting classes in Hollywood / Los Angeles based on his training at the Yale School of Drama with Evan Yionoulis and Earl Gister. The course is aimed at the serious student of acting, advanced or beginner, who wants to reflect on his or her craft and scrutinize his or her notions of what acting is about.
His class will help students of all levels to do this. The technique he teaches is Stanislavsky-based, but the most important insights he offers are refinements or radical clarifications of Stanislavsky arrived at by his teachers at Yale.
These insights have not yet been written about to speak of, and are not widely known. And they probably never will be that widely known, because you can't really learn them from a book. You need someone to make it live before your eyes.
A few topics covered in the class may be somewhat familiar to the experienced student, but everyone will encounter several very provocative challenges to their notions of the craft of acting over the course of the ten weeks, guaranteed.