The Candle Academy in Thailand:
Learn how to create candles and your own distinctive designs at a world-renowned candle making school in beautiful Thailand. The Candle Academy offers year-round, specialist one-to-one training and small group courses taught in English by one of the world's top candle designers - Gary Simmons. Located on the idyllic island of Koh Samui (Thailand’s second largest island with magnificent scenery and perfect beaches which attract global travellers and exotic holiday destination enthusiasts), we provide short, premium courses for absolute beginners through to advanced candle makers and professional designers. Included in the workshop price: Pick up and drop off at all airports, Accommodation, Candle Samples, Formulas, Written and Photo explanations and backup support by email.
- Study Essential Candle Making Skills
Our qualifications in the candle business offer you the creative, technical and commercial skills you need to profit from this profession.
- Unleash Your Creative Potential
All of the techniques you find at The Candle Academy have been created by years of working with wax and the many possibilities it has to offer to the creative mind.
- Evolve Your Style
Candle making is like being a chef - it is all about timing and being organized. The one thing to remember is that you can never rush a candle. Sometimes mistakes can become new designs, or one creation evolves into another.
- Learn directly from the School Founder - Gary Simmons:
Gary is one of the world’s leading candle designers, and has been actively participating in this market for over 20 years. To date, Gary has taught his unique courses in London (UK), Dubai (UAE), Shanghai (China), Singapore, Cairo (Egypt), Monaco, Jamaica, Florida and Los Angeles, California.
He has also been a design consultant for large candle companies in London, Los Angeles and Shanghai, and his work has appeared on television many times as well as in major newspapers and magazines.
Situated in the Gulf of Thailand, and renowned for its endless idyllic beaches, luxury resorts and spas, vibrant nightlife, coconut groves, lush mountainous rainforest, and magnificent 12m-tall golden Big Buddha statue, Koh Samui is Thailand’s 2nd largest island after Phuket.
It truly is an unforgettable vacation holiday, retreat and honeymoon destination for travelers and couples from around the world.
Our location with accommodation in Koh Samui enjoys lush tropical gardens next to spectacular beaches, with a swimming pool and restaurant on the grounds, and is just 5 minutes from the town of Lamai which offers quality restaurants, charming night markets, temples and lots of shopping opportunities.
For beginners to advanced candle makers and professional designers.
Our candle making school in Koh Samui provides a calm and relaxing atmosphere for one-to-one training (for maximum individual attention) in all aspects of candle designing to manufacturing to marketing. You will be taught by one of the top candle designers in the world - Gary Simmons.
These premium courses are taught in English, and training is hands-on and very visual.
We guarantee that our exclusive courses will provide all the information and confidence you need to start your own business. Year-round courses in Thailand include:
• Candle Making Business Setup (6 days, 5,000 euro)
• Condensed Business Setup course (4 days, 3,500 euro)
• Advanced Candle Making course (2 days 1,000-2,000 euro)
• Candle Making Weekend Retreat Workshop (2 days, 500 euro, minimum 2 persons)
• Encaustic Art / Wax Painting Workshop (2-3 days, 2,000 euro)
• Distance Learning / Online Candle Making courses (with extensive training taught through a combination of HD video demonstration, PDF files, email correspondence, consultation with your instructor via Skype, and online assessment of your work through photos and tests).
Learning Expert Candle Making Techniques:
Candle techniques can take years to learn yet if shown properly can be taught through formulas. These formulas are highly guarded by candle makers as they translate not only into ideas but also into revenue. Everything taught at The Candle Academy is an accumulation of being active in this market place for 20 years covering every aspect of it.
• Candle making is a profitable profession. It enables you to work for yourself in a creative and lucrative business. Many people spend a lifetime in a job which they don’t like, purely for the income.
• It is truly a gift to earn money in a highly creative profession we enjoy doing year on year. Learning a new profession can be done through videos and books but as with any trade, it needs to be taught and studied correctly with a specialist who is actively participating in that profession at the highest level.
• Most businesses can take up to 3 years to return the initial investment and to break into profit. The candle making business has proven a return of investment in under 1 year.
• From the start after taking the Business Setup Course course, it is possible for 1 person to produce up to 100 candles a day.
• Highly-guarded candle making formulas can take years to create, yet can be taught in minutes. Once a student knows these secret techniques, his/her own creativity emerges and blossoms.
• "I was very pleased to have one of the worlds leading candle designers teach my daughter the art and business of candle design."
His Royal Highness, Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi Ajman, Royal Family UAE
• "I realized after the first hour my investment was justified."
Alex English NBA Allstar, USA
• "I have been a candlemaker for 14 years and felt stuck with no creativity. The courses right from the start enabled me to be inspired and much more creative. My existing customers bought my new designs right away."
H. Auounsdottir, Iceland
• "Gary has the creative ability and eye to take an ordinary object and make it extraordinary with commercial appeal. This has made him one of the most sought after candle designers in the business today and probably ranking him as one of the top designers in the world today"
Mike Foster, CEO Aroma Home, England
• "It was a fantastic journey with you. The Candle Academy seems to be the best place in the world for learning the art of candle making. The way you assisted me in processing my visa, pick up and drop off from the airport and hospitality was first class. Daily homework and tests helped me recollect the days course and your patience as a top educator will help me a lot for my future. Thank you very much."
• "A very cool designer after taking his course you realize the sky's the limit with what you can actually achieve. Thank you so much."
• "I spent a very enjoyable week learning how to make some wonderful candles with Gary, and now I have the confidence to tackle projects that would have seemed impossible previously."
• "The course covered everything possible I would need to know to start a business."
• "I would recommend these courses 100% for people serious in starting a business."
• "Even being an existing candlemaker for many years, I was very inspired."
• "You have proven to us that you are only limited by your imagination."
Steve and Christian, Florida, USA
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.