The Candle Academy, French Riviera:
Study at Europe's leading candle making school which offers year-round, one-to-one courses taught in English or French by one of the world's top candle designers - Gary Simmons. Located in the charming perfume capital of the world, Grasse, 30 minutes from Nice International Airport, and 16km north of Cannes on the beautiful French Riviera, we provide premium courses that suit students who want to start a candle-related business, or those who wish to learn candle making as a hobby. As well as our hands-on courses in the South of France, we provide comprehensive distance learning courses (taught via email correspondence and assessment of the student's work through photos and test answers returned).
- Study Essential Candle Making Skills
Our qualifications in the candle business offer you the creative, technical and commercial skills you need to profit from this profession.
- Unleash Your Creative Potential
All of the techniques you find here have been created by years of working with wax and the many possibilities it has to offer to the creative mind.
- Evolve Your Style
Candle making is like being a chef - it is all about timing and being organized. The one thing to remember is that you can never rush a candle. Sometimes mistakes can become new designs, or one creation evolves into another.
School Founder - Gary Simmons:
Gary is one of the world’s leading candle designers, and has been actively participating in this market for over 20 years.
He has been a design consultant for large candle companies in London, Los Angeles and Shanghai, and his work has been seen on French television many times as well as in major newspapers and magazines.
Candle techniques can take years to learn yet if shown properly can be taught through formulas. These formulas are highly guarded by candle makers as they translate not only into ideas but also into revenue.
Everything that is taught is an accumulation of being active in this market place for 20 years covering every aspect of it.
Quality Candle Making Courses:
Our candle making centre provides a calm and relaxing atmosphere for one-to-one training in all aspects of candle designing to manufacturing to marketing. You will be taught by one of the top candle designers in the world - Gary Simmons.
We guarantee that our exclusive courses will provide all the information and confidence you need to start your own business. Year-round courses include:
- Candle Making Business Setup (6 days)
- Condensed Business Setup course (4 days)
- Advanced Candle Making course (2 days)
- Candle Making weekend courses (2 days)
- Encaustic Art / Wax Painting Workshop (2-3 days)
- Basic Intro to the Art of Candle Making (2 hours)
- Distance Learning / Online Candle Making courses (extensive training)
- Summer candle making courses
- Candle making is a profitable profession. It enables you to work for yourself in a creative and lucrative business. Many people spend a lifetime in a job which they don’t like, purely for the income.
- It is truly a gift to earn money in a highly creative profession we enjoy doing year on year. Learning a new profession can be done through videos and books but as with any trade, it needs to be taught and studied correctly with a specialist who is actively participating in that profession at the highest level.
- Most businesses can take up to 3 years to return the initial investment and to break into profit. The candle making business has proven a return of investment in under 1 year.
- From the start after taking the Business Setup Course course, it is possible for 1 person to produce up to 100 candles a day.
- Highly-guarded candle making formulas can take years to create, yet can be taught in minutes. Once a student knows these secret techniques, his/her own creativity emerges and blossoms.
"I was very pleased to have one of the worlds leading candle designers teach my daughter the art and business of candle design."
- His Royal Highness, Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi Ajman, Royal Family UAE
"I realized after the first hour my investment was justified."
- Alex English NBA Allstar, USA
"I have been a candlemaker for 14 years and felt stuck with no creativity. The courses right from the start enabled me to be inspired and much more creative. My existing customers bought my new designs right away."
- H. Auounsdottir, Iceland
"Gary has the creative ability and eye to take an ordinary object and make it extraordinary with commercial appeal. This has made him one of the most sought after candle designers in the business today and probably ranking him as one of the top designers in the world today"
- Mike Foster, CEO Aroma Home, England
"A very cool designer after taking his course you realize the sky's the limit with what you can actually achieve. Thank you so much."
- Lee, USA
"I spent a very enjoyable week in the South of France learning how to make some wonderful candles with Gary, and now I have the confidence to tackle projects that would have seemed impossible previously."
- Jeanie, France
"The course covered everything possible I would need to know to start a business."
- Julliet, UAE
"I would recommend these courses 100% for people serious in starting a business."
- Joly, Venezuela
"Even being an existing candlemaker for many years, I was very inspired."
- Mel, Australia
Our candle making school is conveniently located in the perfume capital of the world, Grasse, in the Alpes-Maritimes department on the French Riviera (Cote d'Azur), 16km inland from Cannes in the South of France.
A popular holiday destination, many tourists to the region come to visit the three perfume factories which offer daily tours and demonstrations.
Grasse is easily accessible, only 30 minutes from Nice International Airport (Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur) on the French Riviera. There are also regular train connections from Grasse to the cities of Cannes, Nice, Marseille, Paris and several other destinations. In addition, at least 10 buses a day run in each direction between Grasse and Nice, 7 days a week.
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Grasse, French Riviera, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2017 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.