Fine arts schools & design courses in Jamaica: Art classes, graphic design courses, web design, interior design, fashion design schools, short cooking courses, culinary arts colleges, educational travel / vacation programs in Jamaica in the Caribbean. Cursos de diseño en Jamaica en el Caribe.
1.The Candle Academy in Jamaica + Online Candle Making Courses
Courses / Programs
• Learn how to make unique, designer candles at The Candle Academy, a leading international candle design school based in beautiful Jamaica, or study at home with extensive online courses via Skype or HD video.
• Join Gary Simmons, one of the world's top candle designers, at his residential school & home in the idyllic town of Negril in western Jamaica, or online.
• Whether you want to start your own business, or learn candle making as a hobby, Gary has a quality, intensive candle making course or wax art workshop to suit your aspirations.
• Negril, with its 7 miles of white sand beaches, the superb food, spectacular sights and, of course, excellent reggae music all combine for a truly inspirational location to learn the creative candle making business or to experience an alternative educational vacation.
• Included in the Workshop: Pick up & drop off at the airport, Accommodation, Training, Candle Samples, Formulas, Written and Photo explanations and backup support.
• Our candle making retreat provides a calm and relaxing atmosphere for one-on-one training in all aspects of candle designing to manufacturing to marketing.
"Very detailed and intensive. I was looking for the wow factor and that's exactly what I got."
- G. Woodard, USA
"A wonderful creative adventure."
- Sandra, Iceland
“I searched the planet to find work like this.”
- Leah, Canada
"I never imagined that candlemaking could be so exciting and challenging. The course is full of information."
- Y. Tran, Brazil
2.The Candle Academy, Encaustic Art Workshop in Jamaica
Courses / Programs
• Learn encaustic art techniques in the beautiful area of Negril in western Jamaica in the Caribbean with UK instructor, Gary Simmons, one of the world's top candle designers and encaustic artists.
• The Candle Academy offers a range of quality, short courses & workshops for intensive learning in encaustic art (wax painting) and candle making.
• Suitable for all levels, creative artists and alternative travel / holistic holiday enthusiasts.
• Negril, with its seven miles of white sand beaches, the superb food, spectacular sights and, of course, excellent reggae music all combine for a truly inspirational location to learn the creative candle making business or to experience an alternative educational vacation.
• "Gary has the creative ability and eye to take an ordinary object and make it extraordinary with commercial appeal. This has made him one of the most sought after candle designers in the business today and probably ranking him as one of the top designers in the world today."
- Mike, UK • "I spent a very enjoyable week at The Candle Academy and now I have the confidence to tackle projects that would have seemed impossible previously."
- Jeanie, France
• Duration: 2-3 days
• Price: 2,000 USD (1 person) / 3,000 USD (2 participants / a couple)
- 2 or 3 nights accommodation in the onsite residence
- Pick up and drop off from Sangster International Airport
- All instruction in the medium
- Understanding temperatures
- Working with colour
- Metal effects
- Wood effects
Some of the program inquiries submitted here up to
2023-11-04 were from viewers in:
Italy; London, UK / GB; MICHIGAN, USA; Isle of wight, UK / GB; Baltimore MD, USA; and more.
You are here: School & College Search> Art Schools / Design Colleges> Art schools in Jamaica, Kingston. Learn candle making, design courses, short cooking courses, educational vacation programs in the Greater Antilles / Caribbean.