International Summer Camp UK - Camp Cooper:
The International Summer Camp UK delivers Camp Cooper, a residential summer camp designed for boys and girls ages 7-17 from throughout the UK and around the world. Based in the picturesque village of Crieff, close to the city of Perth in Central Scotland, and just an hour's drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh, Camp Cooper has a diverse, international community with a strong focus on forming friendships, inspiring creativity, encouraging learning and having fun. You can choose to stay for 2, 4 or 6 weeks. We provide free airport transfers from Edinburgh Airport. Our 2018 parents rated Camp Cooper 9.5 out of 10 and 100% of them would recommend us to a friend!
• We ensure that your time at Camp Cooper is an adventure where every day is BURSTING with new and exciting things to do!
• Camp Cooper is truly an international place, where campers who wish to learn or improve their English can do so in a creative and friendly environment.
• Camp Cooper advocates taking young people out of their comfort zone and giving them new and exciting challenges to gain new skills, forge new relationships and broaden their horizons & aspirations.
• We encourage campers to participate in as many activities as possible during their 2-6 weeks at camp, and we strive to make each activity as fun as possible.
• From morning till night, every day at Camp Cooper is packed with fun, learning, and most importantly - adventure!
• Camp Cooper is a highly rewarding and fun summer experience. Students (campers) make new friends, learn new skills, and create memories which will last a lifetime. We build our programme around individual choice and group activities to help our campers grow in confidence, develop trust and build strong relationships.
• At Camp Cooper, our staff to camper ratio is less than 1:4, and our staff training programme is second to none. Camp Cooper staff members are warm, friendly, creative, talented and keen to share their interests and skills with our campers. We carefully select those who have the enthusiasm, patience and passion needed to create a summer of fun, laughter and memories which our campers will never forget.
• At Camp, the staff's first priority is always the safety and happiness of each child. We know your first time away at Camp as a camper (or a parent) can create some nerves but our staff are trained and experienced in facilitating friendships, dealing with homesick campers and creating the craziest of activities which will have everyone laughing in minutes.
• Safety is our number one priority at Camp Cooper. We work hard all year to make sure that Camp Cooper is fun, action packed and safe. We only accept the highest standard from our staff, activities and location.
Campers stay at Ardvreck School which is the perfect spot to spend your summer - there are forests to explore, a swimming pool, sports fields, tennis courts, chill out areas, arts & craft studios, and a stage for any budding performers.
A typical day at Camp Cooper involves 2 individually-chosen elective activities, afternoon activities and evening programmes.
Professionally-led electives provide campers with the opportunity to plan their own personalised activity schedule. Electives are two hours long and take place each weekday. They focus on developing key skills and personal growth. Campers can choose up to 2 electives per week at Camp Cooper.
Choose from the following electives:
• English Lessons - up to 10 hours of classes available per week
• Football (soccer for boys / girls)
• Other Sports (swimming, football, rugby, basketball, baseball, and more)
• Mountain Biking
• Outdoor Adventure
• Art (painting, drawing, pottery & more)
• Performing Arts (street dance, music, musical theatre, drama & more)
• Creative Superstar (comic books, theatre, cooking & more)
• Rockstar Music (guitar, drums, piano & singing)
• Dance (hip hop, street, modern & traditional)
• Afternoon Activities:
From activities that focus on the development of key skills to the most ludicrously wacky, spontaneous new game - campers will try all activities during cabin activity time. Examples include swimming, baking brownies, rugby, photography, arts & crafts, basketball and more.
• Evening Programmes:
Evening programmes bring the whole Camp together for Camp-wide special events. Often the highlights of the summer, our special events are fun, exciting and an experience to remember for years to come. They include campfires, talent shows, sports competitions, discos, music festivals and much more!
• Weekend Day Trips:
Day trips are designed to introduce young people to Scottish culture and Scotland's vibrant cities and breath-taking scenery.
• Our campers are what makes Camp Cooper special. The spirit, ethos and community at Camp attracts children from around the world who are full of enthusiasm, fun, want to make new friends and try new activities.
• The foundation of our Camp community begins with our cabin groups. Campers are divided into cabins with others of the same age and gender, and a dedicated Camp Counsellor who cares for them during their time at Camp as well as organising fun cabin activities.
• Campers enjoy the majority of their day doing activities, eating and working together as a cabin group. We ensure camper's time at Camp is positive through strong role models, support & encouragement and ensuring to keep an eye on the first time campers who may be missing home.
• "Imagine Camp Cooper was a bottle. The bottle would be filled with pure awesomeness. I love Camp Cooper; the campers are great and the counsellors are awesome. I just love this place; it's like my home and i'm definitely coming again next year."
Ramy, Egypt - age 12
• "I'm going to super-glue myself to the staff so I never have to leave Camp Cooper, and I might pack myself in one of the counsellor's suitcases so I go home with them. I love it here at Camp."
Atlanta, UK - age 8
• "My two weeks at Camp Cooper were an incredible experience far beyond what I could have ever imagined. I made new friends from different countries in a very short time and I really miss my noisy roommates from my cabin who became a very integral part of my life for these two weeks."
Danielle, Israel - age 12
• "If you want to be in a place to be yourself, have a laugh with people from all around the world, or simply just go crazy, Camp Cooper is truly the place to be. The staff were very friendly and the campers were seriously awesome. Nothing but fun and excitement one after the other."
Andrew, Philippines - age 16
• "The best Camp ever! The staff are amazing, Donna and Hiran are fabulous and all the campers are nice, funny, smiley and awesome. Love Camp Cooper. Best Camp in the world!"
Louise, France - age 13
• “I am so thrilled seeing my son so happy!!! We have spent the way home listening to incredible stories about his time with you at Camp. I want to thank you and the team from the bottom of my heart, not only for the ‘fun’ times you gave my son, but also for all the moments, memories, ethical/social skills you instilled in him while he was there!!! I cannot wait to hear more about everything. THANK YOU Camp Cooper for all you did in the past two weeks to make them so special and memorable for my son”
Parent of Andrew (age 14), Greece
• "Zoe loved Camp Cooper. She talks about it all the time. You have been wonderful through this whole process. I can't thank you enough."
Parent of Zoe (age 15), USA
• "This was the first time Rodrigo went abroad for such an experience. He enjoyed it so much that when I went to pick him up at Edinburgh airport he didn't want to come back to Lisbon! This tells everything about his experience at Camp Cooper!"
Parent of Rodrigo (age 10), Portugal
Specific Contact Pages: - English Course
- Art & Crafts Course
- Outdoor Adventure
- Performing Arts
- Sports Course
- Tennis Course
- Football Course
- Golf Course
- Dance Course
- Creative Camp
- Journalism Course
- Filmmaking Course
- Mountain Biking
- Summer Activity Camps
- Campi estivi in Scozia
- Camp d'été en Écosse
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, Scotland PH7 4EX, UK & England|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.