Fine arts schools in Bergen County, NJ: Art lessons in Bergen County for kids, teens & adults in drawing, painting, photography & sculpture. Portfolio development for art college admission, accredited art lessons in New Milford NJ in New York metro area.
Art Center of Northern New Jersey: The Art Center of Northern New Jersey in New Milford, Bergen County (20 miles from NYC), is a Fine Arts School & Gallery providing children and adults a nurturing enviroment for developing skills & enjoying the creative arts.
The Art Center of Northern New Jersey is located 20 miles from New York City in the borough of New Milford, Bergen County, New Jersey. Transit bus route 167 offers service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, with local service offered on the 753, 756, 762, and 772 bus routes through New Milford.
Artistic Academy in Morris Plains, New Jersey (1 hour from NYC by train), is a modern, state of the art, beauty academy providing the most advanced training in salon management, marketing, and state licensing skills. Students will perfect their technique in our Student Salon and Spa by providing beauty services on clients in all aspects of hair, skin and nails. The educational objective of all our courses is to provide the student with sufficient training to pass the State Board Exam.
On passing the State Board Exam and becoming properly licensed, students can perform all duties required under such license to secure employment at an entry level.
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
The New York Film Academy is a dynamic institution offering intensive, hands-on training in filmmaking, acting for film, digital journalism in affiliation with NBC News, documentary filmmaking, producing, screenwriting, and 3-D animation. The Academy was founded in 1992 at Robert DeNiros Tribeca Film Center on a belief that a top quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films.
Since that time we have grown into our own facilities in Manhattans Union Square and Soho. We also opened Film Academies at Universal Studios in Los Angeles and London, UK, England.
The New York Film Academy was designed for a new generation of filmmakers, screenwriters, actors, producers and animators who share a passion for motion pictures and want to learn by making their own projects in a hands-on, intensive program. Each year hundreds of students of all occupations, races, ethnicities, and of a wide range of ages from around the world benefit from the extraordinary education offered at the New York Film Academy.
Graduate Degree Programs:
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Filmmaking
- MFA in Acting
1 & 2-year Certificate Programs/ 4-8 Week Short Courses in:
- Film Production
- Digital Journalism
- Music Video
- Acting for Film
- Acting Workshops
- Evening Workshops
- Continuing Education...
Itec Audio Studios has built a reputation as one of the premier Music, and Audio Production schools in the NY and NJ area. Offering challenging courses with a realistic approach to learning and encouraging students to explore their own creativity and artistic passion.
Our Mission is to empower and prepare our students for hopeful futures in the Music Industry. We accomplish this by utilizing industry standard tools,small class sizes and a NJ State Approved CTE (Career and Technical Education) Curriculum.
Music and Audio technology education courses for adults and teens:
- Fundamentals of Music Production
- Advanced Techniques in Music Production
- Introduction to Melodyne Software
- Introduction to Mixing & Mastering
- Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools
- Pro Tools 110: Pro Tools Production I
- Pro Tools 130 for Game Audio
- Pro Tools: User Certification Program
Bergen Community College Department of Performing Arts
Courses / Programs
Bergen Community College is a public two-year co-educational college in Bergen County, New Jersey. We offer associate of arts degree programs and certificate courses in music technology, music business, and music production as well as a General Music Arts associate degree program.
Our Associate of Arts and Associate of Fine Arts degree programs are designed to follow a course of study that corresponds to freshman and sophomore offerings at most colleges and universities, and are designed for students planning to transfer into baccalaureate degree programs. Our Associate of Applied Science degrees are geared towards students not seeking a bachelor's degree who want to enter the industry after a two-year program. The department also offers shorter-term certificate programs.
- General Music Arts Associate of Arts degree (transfer degree)
- Music Business Associate of Fine Arts degree (transfer degree)
- Music Business Associate of Applied Science degree (career program)
- Music Technology Associate of Fine Arts Degree (transfer degree)
- Recording Technology Associate of Applied Science degree (career program)
- Music Business Certificate Program
- Music Technology Certificate Program
Jersey City Art School at the Thomas John Carlson Art Studio in downtown Jersey City is a visual art school offering classes taught by local artists, weekly figure drawing sessions and lectures by artists showing locally. The Jersey City Art School was founded in November, 2009 by Thomas John Carlson. The first classes that were offered were: Introduction to Painting and Drawing and Introduction to Stained Glass.
Following on from our initial success, we have extended our classes to include 8-week courses in drawing, painting, stained glass and figure sculpture. We also offer weekend workshops in digital photography, jewelry and printmaking, and are expanding into ceramics, basic carpentry and glassblowing.
Weekly Visual Art & Jewelry Making Courses:
- Jewelry Making with Precious Metal Clay (PMC)
- Mosaic Making
- Stained Glass
- Etching and Intaglio
- Porfolio Building (for Jr High/ High Schoolers)
- Digital Photography, How to use your SLR
- Introduction to Drawing and Painting
- Figure Sculpture