Art Center of Northern New Jersey:
The Art Center of Northern New Jersey in New Milford (20 miles from NYC), is an accredited Fine Arts School & Gallery providing children and adults a nurturing environment for developing skills & enjoying the creative arts. The Art Center aims to be accessible to all, including the disadvantaged & the disabled. It seeks to – Build a strong base of understanding & appreciation for the arts; provide professional-level instruction; sponsor programs for cultural advancement & personal growth and open its facilities to the community.
The Art Center Of Northern New Jersey was established in Englewood, NJ in 1957 by a group of Artists and interested lay people who wanted professional art training in the northern NJ area. With help from the Museum of Modern Art, it quickly became an acclaimed school with classes taught by the recognized artists. Ten years later the Art Center moved to Tenafly, NJ and moved again in1984 to its current location in New Milford where it continues to offer classes in the fine arts from the kindergarten ages to senior citizens, amateurs and professionals.
Classes are accredited by the New Jersey department of education as continuing education credits for professional development for art teachers.
- Our main painting studio is large & on the days it’s full it can take up to 15 artists comfortably, with enough place for their easles, work tables & the platform for the model (if required).
- The Stone Sculpture studio in our basement level is an easy accesss for carrying large stone & wood pieces to be carved. The studio is has all the basic power & hand work tools, required for carving & shaping.
- Our Printmaking studio is equipped with the 3 large printing presses for intaglio process, a dark room for photolitho printing, printers, scanners, large work tables, rollers, washing area & storage areas for large files & prints.
- The Creative Process
- Drawing And Painting
- Sculpture – Stone
- Beginning Watercolor
- The Figure From Black And White To Color
- Dynamic Figure Drawing
- Photography: Technique And Darkroom
- Oil Painting: Still Life/Life Portrait
- Portfolio Development...
The Art Center of Northern New Jersey is located 20 miles from New York City in the borough of New Milford, Bergen County, New Jersey. Transit bus route 167 offers service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, with local service offered on the 753, 756, 762, and 772 bus routes through New Milford.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 250 Center Street, New Milford, Bergen County, New Jersey , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.