Independent schools in San Francisco Bay Area: Private schools in Silicon Valley, independent high, middle school in Menlo Park, accredited college preparatory education, summer programs in San Mateo County CA
Menlo School: Located in Menlo Park in San Mateo County, near the heart of Silicon Valley, Menlo School is an accredited, independent, co-educational college preparatory day school for students in grades 6–12. Established in 1915, Menlo School offers a rigorous, engaging academic curriculum complemented by outstanding creative arts and athletics programs. We seek to attract and enroll motivated students who are secure in their academic skills and who will contribute to the rich fabric of our school community.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Menlo School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Situated in Dublin CA, in the heart of Alameda County, Seed2Sprout Learning Center is a high-quality nonprofit educational organization that offers Preschool, Kindergarten, and After-school Academy programs to boys and girls from age 2.5 though 8th Grade.
Our Mission Statement is "To educate and nurture children through developmentally-appropriate programs focusing on their physical, emotional, cognitive, social, aesthetic, and spiritual development as the foundations for their happiness and success in school and life.”
In an award-winning facility set on two acres in San Francisco, CA, Brandeis Hillel Day School is a non-affiliated, community school where children from diverse Jewish backgrounds create and participate in an environment of learning and support. Begun in 1963 as the Brandeis School, the school merged with the Hillel Day School in 1973. A Marin campus located in San Rafael was opened in 1978. The curriculum here is varied, integrated and challenging, with students developing a strong foundation in the basic academic disciplines of English, Hebrew, mathematics, science, social studies and Judaic studies. The arts, athletics, music and outdoor education are also taught.
The highest value is placed on cultivating in students and faculty the qualities of compassion, kindness and mutual respect. The school recently completed construction of a state-of-the-art building to accommodate K-3rd grades, a music room, multi-purpose room, and science lab. Construction on a performing arts complex begins within the next few years. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) accredit BHDS.
Established in 1946 and set in the heart of San Francisco in the Laurel Heights area, Laurel Hill is the oldest parent-participation, cooperative nursery school in San Francisco. Our philosophy is child-centered and is focused on building a child's self esteem through socialization and play. While there is no strict academic program at Laurel Hill, our children thrive in an environment that lets them learn organically. Laurel Hill is the largest co-op nursery school in the Bay Area, with approximately 80 families enrolled. We currently have a staff of 8 teachers, and with parent participation our adult-to-child ratio is roughly 1 to 5.
Families who become members of the co-op need to fulfill participation responsibilities, and by doing so allow us to offer an unrivaled experience at extremely affordable rates. But more important than the financial benefits, by participating at Laurel Hill, you'll connect with an incredible group of families, you'll know your children's friends and teachers intimately, and you'll have the satisfaction of being truly involved in your child's first foray into the school environment.
- Nursery School Program: We follow a child-centered philosophy of early childhood education for ages 2 years 9 months to 5 years. Children are allowed to learn through play and by exploring their environment at their own developmental pace.
- Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) Program: Our Pre-K curriculum is tailored to the needs of young 5 year olds, while still adhering to our child-focused philosophy.
- Extended care program: This is offered from 8a.m. until 5:30p.m., depending on space available.
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Founded in 1975, Cornerstone Academy is a private, nonprofit school in the Portola District of San Francisco and primarily serves families from San Francisco and the Peninsula. The grade span is preschool through high school.
Cornerstone Academy is founded on Christian values, supports the home and churches of students in providing an education that is grounded in the Christian values of the Bible as reflected in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Elementary, middle & high school programs with continued Chinese language instruction from grades 1 - 12. Our academic program consists of core subjects in English, Mandarin, math, science, social science, religious studies, physical education, fine arts, and electives. For High School, honors and Advanced Placement courses are offered in a variety of classes.
- ESL program for middle & high school students
- Full boarding program for international high school students
Sage Garden Montessori is a small home-based Child Care and Pre School Program located in south-west LA near Westchester, Culver City, Inglewood, and Mid City. Our mission at Sage Garden Montessori is to create a safe and loving environment for your children.
Our philosophy is based on anti-bias attitudes. We provide an integrated curriculum which enhances your child's curiosity about their world. We believe that children learn by doing. It is through active participation that children come to discover their talents and responsibilities. It is through friendship and community that children take their place in the family, the larger community, and the world.