LePort School, Huntington Harbor:
LePort School is Huntington Beach’s Premier Montessori, Preschool & Elementary School. Located just minutes from Huntington Harbor, Orange County CA, our Huntington Harbor campus at 16081 Waikiki Lane offers a wide range of Montessori child care, preschool and elementary school programs to toddlers, preschoolers, and lower elementary students, aged 3 months to 8 years. We provide Mommy & Me programs for kids ages 3 - 18 months, toddler childcare, Pre-Kindergarten and elementary school programs, as well as a special after-school service. We provide a rigorous, structured academic curriculum and make learning enjoyable for our students.
Montessori, Pre-School & Elementary School Programs for Kids ages 3-months to 8 Years
Montessori Infants (3 – 18 months)
The Montessori infant program offers a low 1:3 ratio, in a carefully prepared environment. We encourage bonding, exploration, and language development. It is set in two parts: 2 week - 12 months and 12 -18 months.
In our 12 week to 12 month Infant environment there are special mobiles and images to stimulate brain development, as well as a variety of tactile objects for children to explore. Because this is the period when infants learn to roll over, slither, sit, crawl and walk, the room has many opportunities for movement. There are striking differences between a Montessori Infant environment and other, more traditional care settings: our babies do not spend their active time in playpens, jumpers, walkers or other containers. Instead, in our Infant rooms you will see...
- many soft floor mats and bolsters on which babies can move freely.
- mirrors positioned close to the floor to stimulate tummy time and self-discovery.
- low bars mounted to the wall and soft furniture for children to pull themselves up onto.
- an abundance of Boppy-style pillows for infants to climb over and prop themselves onto.
In our 12 to 18 month Infant environment, where newly walking babies have their hands free for exploration, you will see...
- low shelving with materials for fine-motor development and cause/effect, such as puzzles, rings on a post, and containers to open and close.
- opportunities for purposeful water play.
- a stair with low steps and a railing to practice climbing up and down.
- pull and push toys to promote gross motor movement.
Mommy & Me Montessori (18-36 months)
Mommy & Me Montessori is a program designed for 18 to 36-month-old children with their parents or caregiver. Each 8-week session meets once a week for 90 minutes. During that time, you and your child will explore the many Montessori activities on the classroom shelves, join other parents and children for snack, sing songs, hear stories and play together on our beautiful playground. Snacks are provided for the children. Dads, grandparents and nannies are welcome too!
- Have fun with your child exploring a wide range of enriching, hands-on activities.
- Benefit from the expert guidance of an experienced Montessori teacher.
- Discover how to transfer many of the learning activities to your home.
- Learn about child development and educational principles that can help both you and your child make the most of the precious, but sometimes challenging, toddler years.
Montessori Toddlers (18 – 36 months)
The LePort Montessori toddler program is a great transition to school, with a 1:6 ratio. We focus on independence skills, including toilet training, and language development. Your toddler has a once in a lifetime opportunity to absorb information from the environment, like a sponge. In our Toddler Program (ages 18 months – 36 months), we offer more than day care: we provide him with the ideal environment to make the most of this irreplaceable period of time.
Dr. Montessori discovered that during the Toddler time, a young child has a special aptitude for learning certain things: He is especially sensitive to order – and we build on that interest to establish good habits that last a lifetime. He is able to absorb language from his environment – learning even big words easily and with pleasure – and becomes happier as he learns the words to express his needs, rather than needing to resort to crying or tantrums. He is eager to learn to take care of himself, to become independent – and we guide him to learn how to do for himself, thereby developing his budding sense of self-efficacy.
Montessori Preschool / Kindergarten (3 – 6 years)
The LePort Montessori preschool program offers a 3-year mixed-age, family-like classroom. Children eagerly explore the wide range of Montessori materials. Many learn reading, writing and arithmetic in preschool. Our Montessori program for Preschoolers/Kindergarteners (ages 3-6) equips your child with the personal skills, social competencies and academic preparation he needs to succeed in any school—and makes his first learning experiences outside of your home a fun, enjoyable experience.
We also offer the convenience and peace-of-mind to help you manage your busy life: Our toddler and preschool teachers are highly qualified (all have a bachelor’s degree, and are fully trained by accredited Montessori training centers.) Our classrooms are safe, spacious and orderly environments, equipped with high-quality learning materials, and our convenient schedules—including part-day and extended day care—make selecting LePort an easy choice.
Montessori Lower Elementary (1st – 3rd grade)
The LePort Montessori elementary program optimally builds upon the preschool years. Our individualized approach allows each child to progress at their own, often accelerated pace.In our Lower Elementary (Grades 1-3) Montessori program, our young students acquire the foundational skills they need for success in school, and in life. In a multi-age setting, your 6 to 9 year old will master reading, writing and arithmetic, exceeding by far even the most ambitious standards set by any public school. Equally important, she will retain her natural excitement for learning: her enthusiasm for knowledge will crescendo rather than wane as she grows. And as with academics, so with organizational and time-management skills: your child will acquire a sense of personal order, and thoroughly enjoy the process of developing these competencies. In our classrooms, students learn to organize their own plans for learning, including managing their workspace, and then follow through and execute on those plans.
Spanish Immersion Montessori Preschool
LePort’s Spanish immersion Montessori preschool program, offered at the Huntington Harbor campus in North Huntington Beach, literally gives children the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to effortlessly master Spanish, while also building a strong foundation in a broad range of Montessori preschool skills. Full Spanish language immersion to achieve bilingualism. Children learn language best by experiencing it naturally, by being immersed in it. Our Spanish immersion preschool program is led by two Spanish-speaking teachers: a Spanish-speaking Montessori preschool head teacher and a Spanish-speaking assistant teacher.
Montessori Summer Camp
The LePort Montessori summer camp provides a unique opportunity to join our school and test it out for your child. Our summer camp program enhances an authentic Montessori classroom experience with fun summer activities:
- Montessori in Motion sports activities get children outside and moving, moving, moving. Every two weeks, your child will try out a different sport, from soccer to baseball and golf. She’ll have fun, learn motor skills, and pick up each game’s vocabulary.
- In-house fieldtrips bring exciting experiences to children, right here in the safety of school. Every other week, children will enjoy new activities, from a visit by reptilian pets to bubble science, from tide pool creatures to puppet or marionette story time.*
- Bi-weekly art & crafts activities add a creative element to the summer class, and help children to share the fun with parents, as they bring home their creations to you!
- Splash Fridays bring water fun to campus. Children love to get wet, and to enjoy water activities with their summer friends.
- Pizza Party Friday lunches cap each week with a community lunch experience; supplemented with sides of fresh fruit & a bottle of water, they are just what our little splashers need!
Email: Contact Us
|Address: 16081 Waikiki Lane, Huntington Beach, CA 92649, Huntington Beach, California , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.