Summer Schools in Southern California: Residential summer camps in San Diego County, academic summer programs for kids, teens, youth sports camps, ESL summer courses in USA, college preparatory summer school in Carlsbad
Academy by the Sea / Camp Pacific: Academy by the Sea/Camp Pacific, located in Carlsbad, north of San Diego, California, is an ACA-Accredited Camp offering enriching academic and recreational summer programs for boys and girls ages 8-16. Our residential summer programs have attracted young men and women from all over the world since 1943. The Academy by the Sea offers educational programs with a focus on college preparatory and interdisciplinary studies; while Camp Pacific offers programs with a focus on teamwork, athletic and recreation skills, and building self-confidence. Among our program offerings are: Academic Enrichment Courses, Academic Credit Courses, ESL Instruction, Recreational Camp, Surf Camp, Band Camp, and Leadership Camp.
Camp Pacific has a spectacular oceanfront campus located in the sunny Southern California seaside town of Carlsbad. Our beautiful campus is home to many fantastic facilities and activity areas which include the following: seven resident buildings, outdoor swimming pool, ocean front recreation center, tennis courts, athletic fields, beach access, library, computer lab, gymnasium and more!
Rock-it Science is based in Santa Clara in the heart of Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. Rock-it Science provides project-oriented science programs that are creative, challenging, and fun! In a Rock-it Science session, children experience cooperative learning and playful science activities. The instructors utilize storytelling and innovative hands-on science experiments to capture the children's attention and imagination.
Rock-It Science offers a creative way to occupy your kids this summer! Rock-it Science is a nonprofit organization that sparks, nurtures and develops young people’s enthusiasm and ability to learn science successfully. This summer, Rock-It Science is offering project-oriented science camps for children aged 5-11 that run half-days Mon-Fri, from 9:00-12:00 OR from 1:30-4:30 in our laboratory classroom in Santa Clara. They are creative, challenging, and fun!
• Situated in the beautiful city of Irvine CA (just 45 minutes south-east of Los Angeles), D'Angon Academy for Language Acquisition provides a comprehensive English language learning summer camp for children ages 3-16. We also offer year-round programs for children ages 3 to 8th grade with our partner school.
• Offering weekly camp sessions, we invite children to improve their English language skills while having fun and making friends from all over the world!
• Minimum camp duration is 1 week, and students can stay for as many weeks as they wish up to a maximum of 7 in summer.
• Our course features 2-3 hours of instruction in the morning followed by excursions to popular attractions. Children will apply what they learn every day at these popular destinations while connecting with friends from around the globe.
• D'Angon is committed to providing a personalized educational experience for our students. For this reason, we keep our class sizes low to support a 1 to 5 teacher-student ratio, which allows each child to get the individual attention they need. Your child's teacher will be with him/her during all classroom activities and daily excursions.
• Using the most current research on language development and acquisition, our team of experts have created a curriculum that guarantees a significant improvement in a child's English abilities.
• Located just 50 miles south of LA and 80 miles north of San Diego, Irvine is rated one of the safest cities of its size in the United States.
Weekly English Language Camps - Summer & Year-Round • For individual children ages 3-16 • Separate camps for 3-5 year olds and 6-16 year olds • For Groups of all ages
• Camp Duration: 1 week (up to a maximum of 7 weeks in summer)
- English language classes for 2-3 hours each day
- Excursions to popular tourist attractions such as Disneyland or Sea World with English activities integrated into the excursion
- Students reside in family groups in the large home of an American family
English courses year-round for children ages 3 to 8th grade. Minimum of 1 month's study.
• Learn English on a real-life university campus in San Francisco Bay Area CA! Based on the grounds of San Jose State University in Silicon Valley, NSL Mondial provides English summer immersion camps to kids and high school teens ages 7-17 years old.
• Camps run from 1-5 weeks, and are available to students from the U.S., Canada, and around the world. Students receive 15 hours of English lessons per week alongside fun activities and excursions.
• We keep our class sizes small. This guarantees that you receive the personalized attention you need to quickly improve your English language skills.
• Our modern, clean campus is very safe for our students but also close to all of the best San Francisco attractions.
• We also provide ESL summer camp programs for juniors (ages 7-17) in Los Angeles and Boston, and in Miami (for ages 7-15). We also offer both summer and winter youth English programs in NYC and Miami FL.
Parent Review: "Thank you for your excellent service and good English teaching method. My three children have participated for two summers and their school marks in English have increased by 20%."
- Joanne, Quebec
English Immersion Summer Camps in San Francisco: - Duration: 1-5 weeks
- For kids & high school teens ages 7-17
Features include: • 15 hours of English per week
• Personalized attention
• Improve English speaking, reading, writing, grammar, listening and vocabulary.
• English Certificate and Academic Reports
• Optional residential accommodation
• Homestay accommodation - live with an American host family
Optional - Tech Camp in Bay Area, California:
Game Design & Coding Camp instead of English classes.
Rolling Robots provides 1-week tech Summer camp programs for children and teens ages 6+. With campuses in Glendale and Palos Verdes in the Greater Los Angeles area, kids at Rolling Robots have the opportunity to transform the ideas of their imagination into reality through STEM-based engineering, programming, and robotics programs.
Our summer camps feature less than 6 students per instructor and no more than 12 students total per session. The high tech and friendly environment encourages kids to explore, experiment, and excel with technology and to apply the learned knowledge through the completion of projects and participation in competitions.
Tech Summer Camp Programs for Kids:
- Duration: 1 week
- Robots Rock with VEX (Age 7+)
- Lego Mindstorms Programming (Age 8+)
- Arduino Bots Programming (Age 8+)
- Scratch Programming My First Game (Age 6+)
- Minecraft Mod Programming (Age 9+)
- Autodesk 3D Design and Printing (Age 9+)
- Game Design using Unity (Age 9+)
Digital Media Academy - Summer Digital Art & Technology Camp
Courses / Programs
Accredited by Stanford University, DMA is "The Summer Digital Art and Technology Camp for Kids and Teens!" DMA is ideal for students of all ages wanting exposure to the most relevant software used in Hollywood and the entertainment industry, video game design, and web design while gaining hands-on experience under the eye of accomplished professionals. Whether to explore and area of interest, gain practical skills for the future or just have an incredible time with friends, DMA is unparalleled.
DMA offers day and overnight courses in the US and Canada in weekly and multi-week sessions for youth, age 6-18. DMA courses accommodate a wide variety of digital media interests in a more sophisticated learning environment than other summer computer camps. All courses are project based and taught by industry professionals and classroom teachers who have a passion for inspiring young minds. An average student to instructor ratio of 8 to1 allows for plenty of individual attention as students explore, create and immerse themselves in an environment that is more like a production studio than a classroom.
Summer Computer Camp for Kids & Teens - Introductory to advanced weekly sessions include: 3D Video Game Design; Hands-on Filmmaking; Video Editing; Robotics; 3D Character Modeling; Flash Scripting; C++ Programming; Music & Video Production. Over 30 weekly sessions in all! In addition, DMA offers the following super popular multi-week certification programs: 3D Game Design Certification; Hands-On Filmmaking Certification; Maya Character Animation Certification.
Improve your English and develop a balanced, informed global perspective while visiting multiple cities in the U.S. (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Hawaii).
ESL Bridge provides 2-3 week, multi-city English language summer camp programs to students ages 11+ from around the world.
Our unique approach combines traditional classroom lessons with immersive cultural travel so learning is fun, engaging, and accessible to everyone.
We believe people who experience other cultures through the local language, food, customs and personal interactions acquire language skills faster and develop a better, more compassionate understanding of the world.