Private International Schools in San Francisco Bay Area: Chinese schools in East Bay, Mandarin preschools in Berkeley, bilingual elementary schools, Chinese immersion programs for kids, after-school Chinese classes, pre-kindergarten, IB primary years programs in Oakland area
Shu Ren International School: Shu Ren International School is an independent, co-educational day school in Berkeley in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, Alameda County, for students in Pre-K through to 2nd grade with plans to extend through 8th grade in coming years. We offer a dual-immersion education in Chinese and English based on the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)’s Primary Years Program curriculum framework.
Shu Ren is located in central Berkeley close to BART, the 580 and 80 freeways, and is easily accessible from surrounding cities.
The Buckley School is a private, co-educational pre-kindergarten through to grade 12 school, the oldest coed day school located in Los Angeles, unique in its high level of academics, positive, friendly community, and small size. Based in Sherman Oaks, we serve families in Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Beverly Glen and surrounding communities. More than preparation for high school, students are moved thoughtfully and sensitively from Lower School and prepared for the more departmentalized Upper School program.
The school climate permits them to develop their abilities and a love of learning while they are challenged academically. Dr. Buckley’s approach addresses the development of the whole student, enabling them to become well-rounded, knowledgeable, and independent. At Buckley, we look for students who are well suited to our philosophy. For us, success means feeling safe to take a risk, ask a question, try out for a play or run for office. It means students who take the opportunity to learn and grow in all areas of school life, inside and outside of the classroom.
- Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Lower School Program
- Middle School Program
- Upper School Program
Our academic curriculum is well rounded, with courses in English, mathematics, science, history, and foreign language. Creative self-expression is encouraged as students are exposed to a wide range of classes in the visual and performing arts as well as classes in computer instruction and journalism.
Glen Park Montessori is a premier pre school located in San Francisco, CA, off Van Ness Avenue 101, one block from BART and within walking distance of Glen Park Canyon. We provide a Montessori curriculum and ecology studies patterned in the Montessori framework.
Through our Ecology Studies, we invite children to become acquainted with our natural world through activities and field trips designed to connect them with the love of and appreciation for nature, an understanding of the interconnectedness of all life, thereby planting the seeds of sustainability.
Remarkable Girls is a unique theatre program located on the Peninsula in Millbrae and San Francisco in Northern CA, offering classes, private lessons, and performance opportunities to girls ages 9-18 years. Remarkable Girls was founded by former San Francisco talent agent and performance coach Jan Downing. Programs are taught by performing arts professionals and include instruction in acting, singing, musical theatre, auditioning, and directing.
In a supportive and fun-filled environment, girls have room to stretch and grow as young artists and individuals. They tap into their imaginations, develop and polish their talents, and learn the core skills that are the building blocks of a strong theatrical foundation. Through their theatre experiences, they also develop the confidence to take risks and conquer their fears. More importantly, they find their voices and open their hearts.
The GeoKids / Menlo Survey Child Development Center is an accredited, nationally recognized, non-profit parent co-operative providing high quality child care for children aged 3 months through to pre-kindergarten (5 years). The center is located on the Menlo Park, CA campus of the United States Geological Survey (USGS) in San Mateo County, and is supported in part by the General Services Administration (GSA) and the USGS.
GeoKids is a developmental play-based program founded on the belief that children are capable, competent, self-motivated learners. Within our program, adults encourage children to participate in everything that concerns them and to do as much as they are capable of doing for themselves.
GeoKids is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach, which encourages children's intellectual development through systematic focus on symbolic representation, as children are encouraged to explore their environment and express themselves through words, movement, drawing, painting, playing, and other natural modes of expression.
- GeoKids is a Reggio inspired, play and project based school for children aged 3 months through to pre-kindergarten (five years old).
- We offer a curriculum that challenges, encourages, and supports children in their quest for knowledge, recognizing the developmental stages of childhood and the unique gifts, talents and abilities of each child.
- We are a place where children can be children, and learn through play.
Adirondack Learning Academy - Accredited Homeschool Online Programs
Courses / Programs
• Are you searching for accredited homeschool education in a positive learning environment for your child or teenager? Study from home with Adirondack Learning Academy (ALA) - a leading provider of quality online homeschooling!
• ALA delivers NCAA-approved online courses for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 in California and throughout the United States.
• We offer certified teachers, a top-rated curriculum, mentoring program and college placement services.
• On successful completion of the program, high school students are awarded a homeschool diploma, as well as an official transcript that states that you have completed the requirements for graduation in your state.
• Each educational program is tailored to meet your child's learning styles, strengths, and interests to maximize learning. Each child is assigned their own personal learning coach who monitors their progress.
• ALA is accredited by the National Independent Study Accreditation Council (NISAC) and approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles is an independent, coeducational, non-sectarian day school offering a preschool through high school program on one campus.
The campus is located in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest in the equestrian community of Lake View Terrace in the San Fernando Valley region.
Academics focus on providing students with a solid grounding in the basics, a rich and challenging hands-on curriculum, and the ability to study purposefully and independently.
The Delphi program includes a fully rounded curriculum available for all age levels. Even the very youngest students are exposed to basic concepts of science, history, and the various humanities.
A rigorous mastery of the basics forms the core of the curriculum, with the complete program developing a wide spectrum of skills and knowledge in cultural, scientific and social subjects.
In addition to traditional academic subjects, students get training in practical areas such as communication, manners, computers, nutrition and organization.
Delphi Academy of Los Angeles admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
Parent Testimonial: "I am so grateful that a school like Delphi exists. The academic program is challenging and it makes the study of vital subjects (like reading and math) absolutely fun and rewarding.”
- Elementary School Parent
• Lower School
• Elementary School
• Middle School
• Upper School
• Summer Programs
• English Immersion Program for International Students (Academic Year)
• English Immersion Camps (Spring, Summer & Winter - 4 weeks to 3 months)