ESL Program, Loyola University Chicago:
Loyola University Chicago’s English as a Second Language (ESL) Program offers a rigorous, intensive language training program for people who are serious about learning English. With a progressive curriculum and 18 contact hours per week, the ESL Program is ideal for non-native English speakers preparing for undergraduate or graduate academic work in the United States. Students receive support from experienced language instructors and enhance their English skills as a result of superior training and hands-on learning opportunities. ESL courses are offered during the regular academic year and in the summer. The ESL Program is also able to customize courses for groups who have particular language learning goals and needs.
ESL Program students benefit from Loyola’s many services and activities.
• Loyola’s Office for International Programs (OIP) provides support to international students including: visa & immigration document processing assistance, assistance with securing work authorization, and tax workshops.
• The English Conversation Partner Program is an opportunity for ESL Program students to practice conversational English with a Loyola student.
• Exceptional ESL Program student who want to matriculate into an undergraduate program at Loyola may have the TOEFL/IELTS requirement waived (conditions apply).
• Loyola offers the International Conditional Admission Program to applicants who have demonstrated their academic abilities in the classroom, but may need additional English language preparation and support in order to succeed in the undergraduate core curriculum of Loyola.
• ESL Program students are welcome to apply for on-campus housing.
Loyola offers more than 175 student organizations, which provide a great way for ESL learners to interact with other Loyola students and while improving communication skills and developing cultural competence. ESL students are encouraged to join the International Club, a student organization made up of American and International students that hosts a variety of fun events and activities throughout the academic year.
Applying to the ESL Program is a quick and easy process.
To apply for the program:
• Complete the Online Application for the appropriate semester.
• Submit Proof of Secondary or High School completion.
• Submit Proof of English Skills – Loyola’s ESL classes meet the needs of individuals with at least an academic beginner level of English language skill.
• Submit a Written Statement about why you want to study in the program and how it will help you achieve your goals.
• International Applicants must also submit proof of financial support and a copy of passport.
*We strongly encourage students to apply early, especially those who need an F-1 visa.
Consistently ranked a top national university and best value by U.S. News & World Report, Loyola continues to advance the 450-year-old Jesuit tradition of rigorous academic study firmly grounded in the liberal arts. Loyola helps students prepare for meaningful careers with top academic programs in business, the sciences, and numerous other disciplines. Loyola also focuses on the development of the whole person - intellectually, socially, physically, and spiritually.
*Total enrollment of 15,545, representing all 50 states and 82 countries.
*Four campuses with 10 schools offering more than 70 undergraduate majors and 140 graduate, professional, and graduate-level certificate programs.
*Distinguished teaching faculty, 96% with PhD's or the highest degrees in their fields.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 6339 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2020 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.