Learn English USA: ESL program in Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, Cursos de inglés universidad, Academic English classes, University preparation courses, Summer intensive program, US culture classes, English language school Chicago, Estudio inglés en universidad, escuela de inglés EEUU
ESL Program, Loyola University Chicago: Loyola University Chicago’s English as a Second Language (ESL) Program offers a rigorous, intensive language training program for people who are serious about learning English. With a progressive curriculum and 18 contact hours per week, the ESL Program is ideal for non-native English speakers preparing for undergraduate or graduate academic work in the United States. Students receive support from experienced language instructors and enhance their English skills as a result of superior training and hands-on learning opportunities. ESL courses are offered during the regular academic year and in the summer. The ESL Program is also able to customize courses for groups who have particular language learning goals and needs.
Loyola's ESL Program curriculum has been carefully designed to prepare students to be successful in the competitive academic settings. Each ESL Program class focuses on the skills needed to help non-native speakers achieve advanced English language proficiency. A variety of topics and methodology are offered in support of our student-centered philosophy.
Here is a sample of courses offered:
Business English: In this seminar, students will learn how to successfully communicate in the business world. Special focus will be on learning: business vocabulary, negotiating at meetings, writing proposals, and so on. All skill areas -- listening, speaking, reading, and writing -- will be emphasized.
TOEFL Preparation: Sharpen your test-taking skills and improve your TOEFL score. Students will become familiar with TOEFLiBT and learn strategies for achieving the score they need.
American English Pronunciation: Speak clearly and be understood by others. Students will learn about and practice phonemic awareness and accuracy, stress patterns, intonation, and rhythm with extensive practice. Students will also be able to identify and improve their individual pronunciation issues.
Grammar & Composition: Advance your academic writing skills and communicate more clearly and accurately with an in-depth study of advanced English grammar. Students will develop the ability to effectively and accurately write using the rhetorical patterns most commonly used in universities. Students will also learn how to make citations of research sources and examine the cultural/ethical issues related to plagiarism. *This is an accelerated course.
Reading & Vocabulary: Boost your reading speed and comprehension of university-level academic texts. Students will develop strategies for managing extensive reading assignments. Students will also increase advanced-level vocabulary from readings in general and specialized subject areas.
Listening & Speaking: Extend your skills in spoken English and listening comprehension. This course includes intensive practice in advanced listening and effective note-taking skills using university lectures. Students will also develop their own oral presentation skills by focusing on the fundamentals of public speaking.
The English Language Institute at Notre Dame of Maryland University
Courses / Programs
• Study English in a Top U.S. University with affordable fees!
• The ELI is located on the beautiful, 58-acre campus of Notre Dame of Maryland University in one of Baltimore's most prestigious and secure neighborhoods (Baltimore is a major cosmopolitan city on the East Coast of the U.S).
• The ELI provides an intensive English program (IEP) for non-native English speakers & international students who want to improve their English language skills in a quality university setting.
• In 8-week sessions, students at all levels study writing, grammar, reading, listening and speaking, pronunciation, vocabulary, TOEFL preparation & American culture.
• In each session, there are 20-25 different countries represented. This diversity makes English proficiency a necessity and motivates study & language acquisition.
• The ELI is also a test center site for the Institutional TOEFL exam, so students can sit for the exam on-campus during and after the completion of their studies.
• After attending the ELI, many of our students move on to undergraduate studies, graduate studies, and careers.
"ELI has the most effective course available to help improve my English. I recommend this school as the best English language institute in the east." - Hong Joo, South Korea
"I spent 6 months in ELI and it was a really good experience. I got to know wonderful people from all over the world which I still have contact with. The program is very well built to learn and/or improve your English.. - Mark, Switzerland
ABC Languages - Bronx, Westchester County NY & Southern CT
Courses / Programs
• Do you need to improve your English language skills? If you live in The Bronx, Westchester County NY or Southern Connecticut, you can take private or semi-private English lessons with ABC Languages.
• Our qualified and highly-experienced ESL tutors can design a curriculum that will help you to meet your specific goals. Improve your job opportunities or simply make communicating in English in your everyday life easier!
• Private lessons mean you can learn at your own pace and according to your own schedule.
• Choose to meet your English language teacher from once a week to every day. It's entirely up to you! One-on-one / small group English lessons can take place at your home, office or agreed location.
Locations for private lessons include:
• The Bronx, NYC
• Westchester County NY
Ardsley, Bedford, Bedford Hills, Bethel, Briarcliff Manor, Bronxville, Brookfield, Cortlandt, Croton-on Hudson, Darien, Dobbs Ferry, Eastchester, Elmsford, Greenwich, Harrison, Hastings-on Hudson, Irvington, Katonah, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Montrose, Mount Kisco, Mount Pleasant, Mount Vernon, New Canaan, New Rochelle, Newtown, North Salem, Ossining, Peekskill, Pelham Manor, Pleasantville, Pound Ridge, Purchase, Redding, Rye Brook, Scarsdale, Shelton, Sleepy Hollow, Southport, Stratford, Tarrytown, Tuckahoe, Weston, Wilton, Yonkers, Yorktown, White Plains..
• Fairfield County CT
Bridgeport, Danbury, Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Newtown, Norwalk, Southport, Stamford.. (Contact us about your city or area)
• An established ESL training provider, Harvest English Institute (HEI) offers beginner to advanced programs for local and international students.
• The Harvest English Institute Los Angeles campus is situated on Wilshire Boulevard in the Koreatown neighborhood of Central LA.
• Harvest English Institute welcomes students from all over the world, and is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students (to issue an I-20 form for a F-1 student visa application).
Why choose Harvest English Institute?
There are plenty of reasons to choose Harvest English Institute (HEI) for your English language adventure!
Not only do we offer state-of-the-art technology in our classrooms with interactive TV's and smartboards, our skilled instructors also provide students with proficiency at record speed.
Our students receive their class notes by email, covering all the topics discussed. Our programs are also based on the official CEFR framework, helping students improve their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
With our four English language schools across the USA (in Los Angeles, California; Newark & Long Branch, New Jersey; and Orlando, Florida), learning English as a second language has never been so fun and unique!
Student Review: “Being a student at Harvest Institute is a great experience because of the people that I have met here and the knowledge that will give me many more opportunities in my future career."
- Kassia, Poland
• Intensive English Program (Beginner, Intermediate, High Intermediate & Advanced Levels)
• TOEFL iBT Exam Preparation course
• Supplemental courses in Pronunciation, Conversation, and Writing
• Business English classes
• Recreational English for non- F-1 (student visas) which are 16 hours or less in length
• Private English lessons for adults, colleges students, healthcare & business professionals
• Summer English courses
A F International School of Languages, Thousand Oaks
Courses / Programs
A F International School of Languages is a quality English school located in the Westlake Village area of the city of Thousand Oaks in Ventura County CA (in the northwestern part of the Greater Los Angeles Area).
We provide a range of beginner to advanced level ESL programs to students from around the world. We teach all levels of Intensive English, TOEFL exam preparation, and English for Professionals (Business English). We are also ETS- certified for the TOEFL iBt test.
Our courses combine grammar, vocabulary building, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Small classes (average 12, maximum 15 students) guarantee that you will receive a high level of personal attention and maximum learning opportunities.
Our goal is to provide a quality English programs with a dedicated staff to students from all over the world that they may achieve their educational goals.
At A F International School of Languages, we provide students with a high-quality academic environment, and supportive educational counseling.
A F International School of Languages is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA), and authorized by the Dept. of Homeland Security to issue the I-20 for Student visa applicants.
We also have an English language school called A F International College, which is conveniently situated in the Koreatown district, close to Downtown Los Angeles.
• Learn English in the beautiful and historic city of Washington DC with Kaplan International! We provide a range of accredited English courses to students from around the world of all levels, from beginner to advanced.
• Our quality English language courses in Washington DC include Intensive English, GRE / GMAT preparation, and TOEFL exam preparation.
• At the end of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance, which will show your level of English, the dates on which you have studied and your attendance.
• Learning English in DC means immersing yourself in American culture. You will enjoy the diversity of its multicultural neighborhoods and visiting its world-famous landmarks, such as the White House, the Supreme Court, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian Museum or the National Cathedral.
• Kaplan International in the USA are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), and students from 79 different countries attended our DC ESL school last year.
Student Review: "It’s a wonderful experience, you learn a lot, discover different cultures and way of life. It’s a great opportunity to make contacts and real friendship with people from around the world."
- Paul-Victor, France
ABC Languages, Manhattan NY - Private English Lessons
Courses / Programs
• Private English tutoring in English since 1997: ABC Languages, a premiere language institute in NYC, has provided the highest quality language training to individual students, schools, businesses and organizations throughout the city.
• Our popular language school is located at 146 West 29th Street in Chelsea, Manhattan West Side (between 6th and 7th Avenues, near Penn Station, NoMad, Flatiron, Koreatown and Midtown Manhattan), and close to the subways.
• We offer a professional, warm and friendly learning environment for our students who come during the day time, or in the evenings after work, or on weekends to learn English or another second language of their choice.
• We also offer private and semi-private onsite lessons at homes and offices in Manhattan, NJ, Westchester County NY & Fairfield County CT.
• Transportation: Most subways stop within very close walking distance to us including the 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, B, D, F, M, N, R, Q, PATH Train and more. We recommend any stop at 28th Street, Herald Square, 34th Street or Penn Station.
Student Reviews: • "A lot of fun and I improved my pronunciation!"
• "The teacher was very good and the class seemed to suit my needs. I was very satisfied."
For Adults / Working Professionals / Business Executives / Diplomats / University Students / Children & High School Teens:
• General, one-on-one, private English lessons for adults & children / high school students
• Customized Professional English classes
• Customized Business / Management English classes
• Customized Academic English classes for college / university preparation