Lake Forest Graduate School Of Management, Chicago:
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management is a leading business graduate school in the Chicago, Illinois area. An MBA from Lake Forest can help you solve business problems more effectively, sharpen your leadership skills and professional presence and meet your career goals. It is a general management business degree, providing you with a broad knowledge base in the areas that are critical for success in today's business environment. Timely business topics are incorporated into a curriculum which includes accounting, business management and policy, communications, economics, finance, marketing, organizational development, and strategy.
The Lake Forest MBA program is a smart choice for experienced professionals who want to become the kind of leaders who get noticed and get results. Our classes are small and dynamic, with 22 students on average, but never more than 30. Our classroom experience is built around the open exchange of ideas, not just lectures.
Our MBA coursework requires both team projects and individual study. By forming study groups and participating in team projects, you will develop and improve your abilities to assume various and important roles, and interact within any given business situation.
The wealth of your fellow students’ diversity, experience, perspectives, and skills contribute directly to your learning experience through our collaborative approach. Our faculty members teach using a wide range of teaching methodologies that enhance your experiential learning and improve retention. Whether you attend classes at our Lake Forest, Chicago, or Schaumburg campus, you will benefit by learning from facilitated discussions, case studies, computer simulations and exercises, role-play, team projects and presentations, and the application of classroom learning to your current workplace projects.
Lake Forest Graduate School of Management is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association. LFGSM is authorized to grant Master's degrees by the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Courses in the MBA program have been approved by the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation for Illinois public accountants' continuing professional education credit.
Our exceptional approach to the Lake Forest MBA classroom experience is what makes Lake Forest Graduate School of Management one of the leading Chicago MBA schools in the area. At Lake Forest, we recognize the increasingly important challenges in global business and offer a specialization in global business. We also offer a specialization in organizational behavior. Additionally, we offer a specialization in healthcare management as a corporate on-site program only.
- As an independent, not-for-profit organization, we put your educational interests first. Because we focus on the working professional, we've designed our program around what working professionals say is most important in an MBA education. The combined strengths of our curriculum, faculty, students, and administration set us apart from other Chicago business schools.
- Our part-time program fits your full-time life. Three convenient campuses in downtown Chicago, Schaumburg and Lake Forest offer evening and Saturday programs to accommodate your busy schedule. We even offer classes at some of the area’s leading corporations. And you can complete your Lake Forest MBA with only 16 course units, choosing from our two-, three- and four-year programs.
- Lake Forest's broad, general management curriculum will provide you with the conceptual perspectives, the functional skills, and the practical tools to lead or manage almost any type of business situation. The contemporary content of our courses means your Lake Forest MBA will be relevant to the issues you face today.
- Our 100% business-leader faculty is made up of successful practitioners, from key executives in Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial founders of start-ups. When they’re not in the classroom, they’re making real decisions that affect real businesses, every day. That means you learn more than theory – you learn what works in the real world.
- You will be challenged by and partner with experienced professional classmates in small, dynamic classroom settings that stimulate creative problem solving and skill development. Our students bring serious experience to class – 13 years on average, which is more than twice that of most other Chicago business schools. So they come ready to share practical ideas and fresh perspectives on today’s business issues.
- Your Lake Forest MBA learning will be immediately applicable to your current workplace challenges, so you can leverage your learning investment right away, and throughout your MBA career. You won’t find this high level of meaningfulness, practicality, and business relevance at every Chicago business school; but at Lake Forest it’s what we teach every day.
- You will experience being treated professionally – with interest and responsiveness – by an approachable, collaborative organization solely focused on developing tomorrow’s business leaders. You’ll form lasting relationships with classmates and business-leader faculty members. And you’ll be able to tap into a huge business network for your entire career.
If you're interested in gaining hands-on global business experience, the Lake Forest MBA program is the place for you. At Lake Forest, you can either specialize in global business, or you can take as many or as few global business courses as you'd like. In each course, you and your teammates will:
- Work, study, and live in selected global cities for up to two weeks, depending on the course
- Examine the region's economic climate in meetings with the senior management of local and multinational businesses and financial institutions
- Examine the region’s political environment through visits with local government officials
- Become familiar with the region’s culture and its impact on conducting global business
- Complete a consulting project in the local market by analyzing a problem or opportunity, and developing a business solution
- Personally present your business solution to a panel of local academics, business representatives, and clients for their evaluation
- Gain insight into the challenges facing global business and acquire a new understanding of business as it relates to your organization
- All courses are taught by Lake Forest MBA faculty who have business experience in the respective region, and by faculty from in-country university partners.
Fundamental to each course is your hands-on, in-country consulting project for an area business, and regional presentations by prominent business, political, financial, and labor leaders chosen for their expertise in global issues.
Our current in-country global business courses are:
- Global Practicum: Europe
- Global Practicum: Asia
- Global Practicum: Latin America
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 230 S. LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2022 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.