Makeup artist schools in Hollywood CA: Beauty career training in Los Angeles, make-up classes for beginners, professional make-up artist certification program, special effects makeup training close to Burbank, Glendale, Los Feliz, West Hollywood...
Studio Makeup Academy, Los Angeles: Conveniently located in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles, Studio Makeup Academy provides a wide range of makeup artist classes and workshops. Whether you wish to work in the film and television industry, in fashion makeup, or in bridal makeup, we have a training program to suit you! We offer quality classes in special effects makeup, beauty makeup, bridal makeup, club looks and more.
Studio Makeup Academy was founded over 20 years ago with the goal of helping makeup artists to develop their own technique, not mimic one from some other artist. We train in a very personal one-on-one manner to ensure an understanding of the subjects, to help you develop your technique and understand what works, does not work, and why. The information we provide goes beyond makeup and into the business of the business.
Makeup Classes & Workshops:
- Special Effects Makeup 101 (5 days)
- Special Effects Makeup 102 (5 days)
- Hollywood Workshops - Special Effects
- Beauty Makeup: Pin Up & More (5 days)
- Beauty Makeup: Club Looks (3 days)
- Beauty Makeup: Bridal Makeup (1 day)
- High Definition Looks for Film, Television & Photography (5 days)
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
San Jose State University School of Art and Design, CA, offers some of the nation’s highest quality and yet most affordable and accessible programs in art and design fields. With over 1900 students and nearly one hundred faculty and staff members, the School of Art and Design provides programs at Bachelor & Masters degree levels in fields that include animation/illustration, digital media art, industrial, interior, and graphic design, photography, spatial and pictorial art, as well as art education and art history.
We offer high-quality, hands-on programs in the arts that prepare students to be lifelong learners and skilled critical thinkers. Active in their respective fields, our faculty bring extensive knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to the classroom.
SJSU provides internship and employment opportunities for graduates with many of the nation’s leading entertainment and artistic technology companies. Works by student and recent graduates have recently won awards the National Housewares Competition as well as film and animation festivals internationally. They have been included in the Whitney Biennial and other fine arts invitationals.
MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print, Los Angeles
Courses / Programs
Located in Hollywood, just north-west of Downtown Los Angeles, MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is the creation of world-renowned makeup artist and author Margaret Kimura. MKC Academy provides a unique experience for novices, students and professionals who want a makeup school to help them excel in in the beauty makeup industry, in Fashion, Film, Television, Runway and Print.
Known for excellence, MKC Academy, a State of California-approved institution, offers makeup courses in beauty, special FX makeup, fantasy, avante garde and airbrushing. MKC also offers a Hair Styling School with courses in celebrity and print hair styling for fashion, runway and television.
Ideally situated in the heart of the entertainment industry of Hollywood on Seneca Avenue (just off Glendale Boulevard and close to the Golden State Freeway), MKC Academy of Fashion, Beauty & Print is just a short drive from Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Disney Studios and the world-famous Hollywood sign, and within easy reach of neighborhoods such as West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Oakwood, Burbank, Pasadena and Alhambra.
- The Works-Makeup & Hair program (504 clock hours)
- Master's Makeup Artistry program (343 clock hours)
- Professional Makeup Artistry program (147 clock hours)
- Professional Hairstyling program (140 clock hours)
- Short Makeup Courses
- Short Hair Styling Courses
- Makeup Workshops
- MKC Internship Program
• Gain spray tan certification in California or online with Aviva Spray Tanning Academy - we offer the longest-running spray tan classes in the world!
• Aviva provides onsite spray tan certification programs in Los Angeles and San Diego in Southern California and San Francisco in the Bay Area.
• In each city, our spray tanning training takes place in a leading hotel.
• We also offer convenient, short and comprehensive online spray tan certification programs to beauty professionals and complete beginners based in California and nationwide.
• On completion of your course, you receive a Certificate.
• All of our spray tan classes come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
• Our students are those who are looking to add sunless tanning certification to their beauty career portfolio, or to start a successful spray tanning business, want to host mobile spray tan parties, or improve the profitability of their current spray tanning business.
• We offer in-class spray tan training in a host of other venues throughout the U.S. & Canada, including Las Vegas & Reno NV, NYC, Boston MA, Houston & Dallas TX.
Student Review: "I had taken several online courses and what set Aviva's apart for me was the in-depth demonstration of spraying technique. It completely changed my game up 100%.
I would recommend Aviva to others because they are amazing at what they do. They are leaders in this business and simply the best."
• Sophia Rocha, Owner, Golden Glow Studio Mobile Spray Tanning Services, Long Beach CA
Launch your career in the fashion industry in as little as two weeks! Conveniently situated on La Cienega Blvd, close to Central Los Angeles CA, Elite Fashion Academy LA by Renee Esebag (EFALA) provides semi-private courses in Wardrobe/Fashion Styling, Modeling, and Make-up Artistry. Taught by celebrity industry professionals, these intensive programs are designed to provide the knowledge and hands-on experience to jump-start your career in the fashion or make-up industries.
Our on-set training provides invaluable practical experience and includes field trips, internships, networking, and working with live models. Our success rate is so high that our graduates have gone on to work with magazines, celebrity clients, major designers, and brands including Vogue, Style Network, BET, CBS, and many more.
EFALA offers in-house production services for creating a look book and photo shoots. Specializing in runway and red carpet events, we provide everything from hair and make-up artists to models, wardrobe stylists, and photographers.
Los Angeles Makeup School (LAMUS) is a makeup school located in Burbank, Los Angeles, California. We offer comprehensive hands-on beauty makeup and special FX makeup courses who students who are committed to becoming professional makeup artists. We offer our courses at very affordable prices.
LAMUS offers four distinct programs of study: Beauty Makeup Course, Special FX Character Makeup Course, Advanced Special FX Makeup, Monster Making Course; that are taught by qualified instructors who are working professionals within all realms of makeup industry.
LAMUS offers each student an individual professional portfolio as they complete the course. We prepare each student with the highest level of confidence and skills to prepare them for actually work in commercial fashion, TV, film and entertainment industry.