Therapeutic boarding school in Missouri for troubled youth: Residential treatment center in Midwest for teen boys & girls with behavioral problems, emotional issues. Residential therapeutic programs for adolescents from Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, Independence, Springfield, NE, KS, TN, KY, OK, AR, IL, IA, CA, MA, PA, NY, TX, FL..
Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks: Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks (CALO), located in Lake Ozark, Missouri, is a specialized adolescent residential treatment setting for students ages 12-18. At CALO, we with work a small window of student issues focusing specifically on issues of emotion, attachment and trauma. At CALO relationships are the primary change agent. All treatment is connected to and motivated by relationships. Relationships with family, CALO staff, and CALO peers are what drive change.
Email:Contact us below( or request a callback ).
Specialized Adolescent Residential Treatment Programs for Boys & Girls (Ages 12-18) - Recreation Therapy Program
- Canine Therapy/Transferable Attachment Program
- Individual, Family & Group Therapy
- Transitional Program
- Aftercare Program
- Therapy-based Academic Track
- Restorative Academic Track
- Standard/Collegiate Track
Contact Us Today - Send a Quick Email here: ( or request a callback ).
Runnymede School is a Christian year-round boarding school in rural Missouri for boys (ages 9-16) having behavioral, academic and emotional problems.
Runnymede School is located on 31 acres about 30 minutes from Springfield and offers a disciplined, structured and purposeful lifestyle that strives to reform destructive behavior while teaching Godly masculinity. Runnymede focuses on daily biblical counseling and lots of hard work in basic life skills.
With only four students per class, your son will receive invaluable one on one tutoring and counsel that can be given when they sit in the house and when they walk by the way, when they lie down and when they rise up.
Again, with intensified counseling and mentoring your son will be away from home for less time, which means less cost for you.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Missouri and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
Located on 200 acres in Independence (14 miles East of Kansas City), Missouri, Shelterwood is a licensed residential teen treatment facility offering individual, group, and family therapy along with an accredited school and mentorship program.
Our program for teens is a year-long journey which fosters dynamic academic growth through small class sizes, one-to-one mentoring, small group discussions, and qualified teachers.
We treat struggling adolescents that may be spiraling out of control and showing signs of: low self-esteem, depression and suicidal thoughts; abuse, anger, oppositional defiance or anxiety; drug and alcohol abuse, addictions or rebelliousness; academic challenges, learning difficulties and school suspensions; low motivation, manipulation, and poor peer choices; family conflict and substance abuse; Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Shelterwood is accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
Academic features include:
- Algebra 1 & 2
- Consumer Math
- US History
- World History
- English I - IV
- Earth Science
- Integrated Science
- Environmental Science
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson School (TJ), a small but far-reaching co-ed boarding and day school for Grades 7 to 12 located in St. Louis, an independent city in east Missouri.
We offer a core classical rigorous curriculum with all advanced placement courses and college prep SAT and ACT to students from St. Louis to Shanghai, Little Rock to Nowy Sacz.
At Thomas Jefferson (TJ), boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world and form lasting friendships. Likewise, day students share space in the dorms and learn how to manage living with others – great practice for college.
If you are an American student, perhaps a classmate will invite you abroad, or if you are an international student, maybe you’ll be invited to spend part of a school vacation here in the heart of the United States. The rooms at TJ, situated in cottages with their own outside doors and private baths promote structured independence.