Therapeutic wilderness programs for troubled youth in Missouri: Wilderness camp in the Midwest. Co-ed residential treatment center for boys & girls from Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia, St. Louis, Independence, NE, KS, OK, AR, TN, KY, IL, IA, CA, NY..
New Hope Wilderness Camp: New Hope Wilderness Camp, located in Ava, South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States, is a 21 day wilderness program, working with troubled teens (ages 11-20) who are experiencing conduct and behavior problems.
New Hope Wilderness Camp is located in Ava, South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States. We offer a pick up and drop off service from Springfield/Branson Airport in Springfield, MO, which is situated 45 miles north west of New Hope, Ava, MO.
From: Branson, Missouri To: New Hope, Ava, Missouri 1. Take 76 East out of Branson
2. At Goodhope turn left on T highway and go .3 miles
3. Turn right on O highway and go 5.5 miles
4. Turn right onto 527
5. Go 1.2 miles on 527 and turn right
6. Go .6 miles and turn into New Hope
From: Springfield, Missouri To: New Hope, Ava, Missouri 1. Take 65 South to Ozark, Hwy 14 exit
2. Turn left onto East Hwy 14 and go 27.7 miles
3. Turn onto O highway and go 3.2 miles
4. Turn left onto 527 and go 1.2 miles
5. Turn right at gravel intersection and go .6 miles and turn into New Hope
Some interested visitors submitting program inquiries to our school up to
2019-02-13 were from:
Oklahoma City, OK;
Great Bend / KS;
Related Schools & Programs. Inquire to our admissions team today:
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Missouri and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Runnymede School is a Christian year-round boarding school in rural Missouri for boys (ages 9-16) having behavioral, academic and emotional problems.
Runnymede School is located on 31 acres about 30 minutes from Springfield and offers a disciplined, structured and purposeful lifestyle that strives to reform destructive behavior while teaching Godly masculinity. Runnymede focuses on daily biblical counseling and lots of hard work in basic life skills.
With only four students per class, your son will receive invaluable one on one tutoring and counsel that can be given when they sit in the house and when they walk by the way, when they lie down and when they rise up.
Again, with intensified counseling and mentoring your son will be away from home for less time, which means less cost for you.
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson School (TJ), a small but far-reaching co-ed boarding and day school for Grades 7 to 12 located in St. Louis, an independent city in east Missouri.
We offer a core classical rigorous curriculum with all advanced placement courses and college prep SAT and ACT to students from St. Louis to Shanghai, Little Rock to Nowy Sacz.
At Thomas Jefferson (TJ), boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world and form lasting friendships. Likewise, day students share space in the dorms and learn how to manage living with others – great practice for college.
If you are an American student, perhaps a classmate will invite you abroad, or if you are an international student, maybe you’ll be invited to spend part of a school vacation here in the heart of the United States. The rooms at TJ, situated in cottages with their own outside doors and private baths promote structured independence.
Change Academy Lake of the Ozarks (CALO), located in Lake Ozark, Missouri, is a specialized adolescent residential treatment setting for boys & girls (ages 12-18). At CALO, we with work a small window of student issues focusing specifically on issues of emotion, attachment and trauma.
At CALO, relationships are the primary change agent. All treatment is connected to and motivated by relationships. Relationships with family, CALO staff, and CALO peers are what drive change.
Transferable Attachment through the care of purebred Golden Retrievers is a key, cutting-edge treatment aspect of our program. Where clinically appropriate, students have the opportunity to “foster and/or adopt” a Golden Retriever. All interactions with this canine are used therapeutically.
CALO is accredited by the Joint Commission through their Behavioral Healthcare Accreditation Program. and licensed by the Missouri Department of Social Services, Children's Division as a residential provider.
CALO is an approved private agency through Missouri's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.