Admissions to therapeutic boarding schools in Midwest USA: Christian boarding school in Missouri for troubled girls with behavioral problems, emotional issues. Boarding high school diploma program for teen girls, residential treatment center for difficult youth from St. Louis, Kansas, Springfield, Columbia, Branson MO..
Wings of Faith Academy: Situated close to Stockton, in Cedar County MO, Wings of Faith Academy is an affordable conservative Christian boarding school designed for pre-teen and teenage girls (ages 8-17) who are struggling with bad behavior, rebellion, or academic issues. We provide behavioral correction with an emphasis on Christian values, housed in a comfortable residential ranch setting. We focus on educational excellence, spiritual growth, and a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of outdoor recreation.
Lighthouse Christian Academy provides the opportunity for WOF students to receive an accredited transcript and diploma. Lighthouse Christian Academy (LCA) is accredited through Accreditation International.
Why Choose Wings of Faith Academy?
- Accredited Academics Our school is individualized to meet the needs of every girl. If your daughter is failing school, skipping classes or has learning difficulties, our staff will work hard to get her back on track. Your girl will earn an accredited diploma.
- Active Student Life It is important for a teen’s life to be balanced. We provide many activities for the girls to enjoy such as games, horseback riding, swimming, volleyball, or enjoying uplifting movies. Girls in our school learn to speak publicly and sing in our choir.
- Spiritual Healing Our Christian boarding school will encourage your teenage girl to seek God’s will for her life. We believe that God has a purpose for everyone and finding that purpose is what brings healing to girls who are struggling with rebellion.
Our school for girls who exhibit behavioral issues such as:
Welcome to Thomas Jefferson School (TJ), a small but far-reaching co-ed boarding and day school for Grades 7 to 12 located in St. Louis, an independent city in east Missouri.
We offer a core classical rigorous curriculum with all advanced placement courses and college prep SAT and ACT to students from St. Louis to Shanghai, Little Rock to Nowy Sacz.
At Thomas Jefferson (TJ), boarding students come from all over the U.S. and the world and form lasting friendships. Likewise, day students share space in the dorms and learn how to manage living with others – great practice for college.
If you are an American student, perhaps a classmate will invite you abroad, or if you are an international student, maybe you’ll be invited to spend part of a school vacation here in the heart of the United States. The rooms at TJ, situated in cottages with their own outside doors and private baths promote structured independence.
Located in northwestern Montana, Turning Winds Academic Institute (TWAI) is an accredited, family-run, therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens (boys and girls) ages 13-18 from Missouri and across the United States.
In our beautiful, peaceful, and safe location, we combine the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school, a wilderness program, and a residential treatment center (RTC).
TWAI has been serving struggling teens and their families since 2002, with an exceptional degree of success.
We provide an extremely high standard of therapeutic treatment to our students, and offer help for the following presenting issues: poor academic performance, behavioral problems, addictions, low self-worth, spectrum disorders, ADD/ADHD, and attachment disorders among others.
With a passion for helping young people in crisis, our clinical, educational, and operations staff are among the best in the country.
We are a small program (40 students) which means that we are able to provide a truly unique and customized approach for every student.
Typically our on site student to staff ratio is 5:1. The average stay at our residential treatment center is 12 months.
Parent Testimonial: "We feel reassured that our son Chad is in good hands being guided onto the right track...We are really beginning to get our son back again! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
New Hope Wilderness Camp, located in Ava (38 miles south east of Springfield), South Central Missouri, in the Midwestern United States, is a 21-day co-ed wilderness program, working with troubled teens (ages 11-20) who are experiencing conduct and behavior problems.
These include: Lack of Respect; Hostility Toward Loved Ones; Defiance Toward Authority; Truancy; Drugs; Violence; Depression and Unpredictable Behavior.
The individual treatment planning at New Hope is aimed at facilitating a change of heart, healing and strengthening family relationships, and inviting new beginnings. We have one competent staff member for every two young people. We utilize horses to do therapy with the young people, as well as daily counseling.
The ultimate goal of New Hope is to see the young people making positive choices in their lives, changing their heart attitudes positively, to facilitate a better relationship with their parents. We certainly believe Jesus Christ is the focal point for change, after one recognizes a heart need.
Located in Stockton, in Cedar County, southwest Missouri, Agape Boarding School is a non-profit boarding school for troubled and at risk boys in Grades 6-12 that specializes in a college preparatory program with AP courses, SAT and ACT along with a behavior modification program.
For the young man whose relationship has been destroyed with his parents, we help to repair and rebuild that relationship.
Instead of the student quitting or resorting to the "easy" solution, the staff at Agape work with these young men in order that they may find the right answers to their problems. The minimum stay in twelve months. We are accredited by the State of Missouri.
Students live in our new four-story dormitory building with 32 completely private shower stalls, bathroom facilities to accommodate 28 students at a time, and 160 individual student closet areas.
We have recently added a brand new basketball gymnasium with two separate workout areas. For outdoor events Agape has a swimming pool and a multi-use field with a baseball diamond in the southeast section. Students are able to play intramural flag football, soccer, and baseball during free time.
• With our headquarters in New York City, THINK Global School is the world’s first global, traveling high school! There is no other school like TGS on the planet.
• Designed for 10-12th Grade students from Illinois, the U.S. and around the globe, our school year consists of 3 terms, each held in a different country. Our students have the unique opportunity to delve into the history and culture of these fantastic international locations.
• Authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program, our mission is to provide a challenging academic experience for multinational students (ages 14-18) in a multicultural learning environment, with a specific focus on engaging with the local culture in each of our host cities.
• During the academic year 2017-18, we are in Botswana, India, Japan & Spain, while in previous years we have been situated in Australia, Sweden, China, Germany, Argentina, the U.S. and more.
• TGS students are competitively selected from all corners of the globe and all walks of life. Together they are a miniature UN, representing more than 20 different countries of citizenship and a diverse range of experiences, talents and interests.
• THINK Global School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges.
Expert Testimonial: "The collective energy that the students at TGS possess is remarkable. Somehow, the more places they go and things they do, the more energy they have!… It is such an inspiration!" - TGS Residential Advisor
Located on 200 acres in Independence (14 miles East of Kansas City), Missouri, Shelterwood is a licensed residential teen treatment facility offering individual, group, and family therapy along with an accredited school and mentorship program.
Our program for teens is a year-long journey which fosters dynamic academic growth through small class sizes, one-to-one mentoring, small group discussions, and qualified teachers.
We treat struggling adolescents that may be spiraling out of control and showing signs of: low self-esteem, depression and suicidal thoughts; abuse, anger, oppositional defiance or anxiety; drug and alcohol abuse, addictions or rebelliousness; academic challenges, learning difficulties and school suspensions; low motivation, manipulation, and poor peer choices; family conflict and substance abuse; Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Shelterwood is accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools.
Academic features include:
- Algebra 1 & 2
- Consumer Math
- US History
- World History
- English I - IV
- Earth Science
- Integrated Science
- Environmental Science