Distance Learning College and Training:
Do you want to start an exciting new career in the fields of logistics, supply chain management or international trade? Distance Learning College and Training are the UK's leading specialist provider of accredited distance learning in these fields. Our certificate, diploma and advanced diploma courses are available to students throughout the UK and around the world.
Online / Distance Learning Supply Chain Management / Logistics Certificate & Diploma Courses:
Distance Learning Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Courses:
- CIPS Level 3 Certificate in Purchasing and Supply
No prior qualifications or experience is required for this course, making it deal for anyone new to the purchasing profession. To complete the course, you will take five compulsory units: Understanding the Purchasing Environment; Purchasing operations; Purchasing in action; Securing Supply; Client and supplier relationships.
- CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
This course enables you to develop skills and knowledge in purchasing and supply chain management to evaluate and use information to develop effective strategies, develop solutions to unpredictable problems, show effective judgement skills in planning activity and meeting quality standards.
To complete the course, you will take five compulsory units: Developing Contracts in Purchasing and Supply; Measuring Purchasing Performance; Effective Negotiation in Purchasing and Supply; Purchasing Contexts; Managing Purchasing and Supply Relationships.
- CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
CIPS Level 5 is an advanced purchasing and supply course, designed for those who have a significant level of experience working in a purchasing and supply role.
* Compulsory Units: Risk Management and Supply Chain Vulnerability; Improving Supply Chain Performance; Management in the Purchasing Function
* Optional Units (Choose Two): Marketing for Purchasers; Storage and Distribution; Operations Management in the Supply Chain; The Machinery of Government and Procurement; Contracting in the Public Sector
- CIPS Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply:
The course is an advanced purchasing management course, designed for those who have 3 or more years' strategic purchasing management experience, or who have gained the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma and wish to progress further. The CIPS Level 6 Graduate Diploma qualification allows CIPS members to apply for MCIPS status.
* Compulsory Units: Leading and Influencing in Purchasing; Strategic Supply Chain Management; Supply Chain Management in Practice. The mandatory units cover the setting of strategic direction for your supply chain and then how you may gain or use your influence in ensuring that the organisation moves in this direction effectively.
* Optional Units (Choose Two): Advanced Project Management; Finance for Purchasers; Legal Aspects in Purchasing and Supply. The optional units covered the strategic differences within public and private sector senior roles.
Distance Learning Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Courses:
- CILT Level 2 Introductory Certificate in Logistics and Transport:
Designed for those who are new to the logistics and transport industry and are starting out in a career in procurement, warehousing and inventory control or production planning, this is an excellent introductory logistics course. It aims to equip you with a knowledge of the core principles and processes in logistics and transport.
- CILT Level 3 Certificate in Logistics and Transport:
This course is ideal for current or aspiring logistics managers who wish to further their career with a formal logistics or warehousing qualification. It covers principles and processes involved in logistics and warehouse management, and is relevant to students from a range of backgrounds, looking for a production planning, transport, logistics, or warehousing course.
- CILT Level 5 Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport:
This course is aimed, typically, at candidates who hold middle management positions in specialist functional areas such as Transport Operations, Supply-Chain Management, Transport and Logistics.
- CILT Level 6 Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport:
This course is aimed at those already working in logistics and transport management roles, or in supply chain management. It is designed to develop skills for middle managers at operational level wishing to move up to strategic management level, and to develop key skills in the area of leadership.
Distance Learning Institute of Export (IOE) Courses:
- IOE Level 2 Certificate in International Trade:
This course is designed to provide students, and those operating within international trade, an opportunity to broaden their awareness of global trade issues, and to gain a clear understanding of the processes and practicalities of international trade. This course is made up of four units and for students that do not hold a qualification in English Language there is a fifth unit to complete.
Units: Introduction to International Trade Management; Fundamentals of International Business; International Transport and Documentation; The Global Marketplace; English for Business (compulsory for those who do not have the pre-requisite qualification in English)
- IOE Level 3 Advanced Certificate in International Trade:
This course focuses on the practical aspects of international trade. On completion, students will have acquired and demonstrated a detailed knowledge of the principles, procedures and documentation of international trade. This course consists of four compulsory units: Finance of International Trade; The Business Environment; International Physical Distribution; International Marketing.
- IOE Level 4 Diploma in International Trade:
This course covers a range of topics including international logistics and purchasing, international marketing strategy and management of international trade. It is an advanced import and export course, and examines the ability of the student to manage the broader managerial aspects of international trade and make the right decisions when problems arise.
The course is made up of four compulsory units: International Logistics and Purchasing; International Marketing Strategy; Practical Global Trading; Management of International Trade
Distance Learning Institute of Operations Management (IOM) Courses:
- IOM Level 3 Certificate in Operations Management:
The Institute of Operations Management Level 3 course is aimed at those who are completely new to the field or those who are already employed in operations management and wish to gain a formal qualification in the subject. To complete the course, you will complete three compulsory units: Business for Operations Managers; Demand and Supply Chain Management; Improvement Techniques for Operations Management.
- IOM Level 5 Diploma in Operations Management:
This course aims to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills of operations management to improve business performance within the global environment. It will provide you with detailed and specific coverage of the various elements of supply chain, production and inventory management.
To complete the course, you will complete eight compulsory units and a final project.
- Operations Management Strategy
- Operations Resource Management
- Supply chain and inventory management
- Business excellence for operations managers
- Enterprise planning for operations managers
- Customer focus in operations management
- Manufacturing planning
- Added value for manufacturing
- Operations management project
Further Distance Learning / Online Courses:
Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Courses:
- Level 2 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Team Leading
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in First Line Management
- Level 5 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Level 7 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Strategic Management
Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Courses:
- Level 2 Award/Certificate in Team Leading
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in First Line Management
- Level 5 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Leadership and Management
Email: Contact Us
|Address: Units 19 & 20 City West Business Park, Durham, England , UK / GB|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.