Gladwyne Montessori School:
Gladwyne Montessori School, located in Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County in Pennsylvania offers Montessori education to children aged between 2 and 12. We offer a parent-toddler program for children from 10 - 22 months, a stepping stones program for children from 21-34 months, preschool, lower elementary and upper elementary programs.
- Lower Elementary School
- Upper Elementary School
- Parent - Toddler Program (10-22 months)
- Stepping Stones Program (21 - 34 months)
At Gladwyne Montessori, we adhere to strict Montessori principles developed in the late 1800s by Dr. Maria Montessori. Our staff is Montessori trained and certified, and our school is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and accredited by the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS) and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - State Board of Private Academic Schools. We are focused on realizing the potential within every child, through self-reliance, purposeful learning and social harmony.
Why Choose Us?
- Your child reaps the full benefit of the Gladwyne Montessori experience by remaining here from ages 2-12. As our one-of-a-kind curriculum unfolds, she will build on what she's learned in previous years, gain complex thinking skills and take on sophisticated academic subjects, from algebraic reasoning to Spanish to world culture.
- Your child will be ideally prepared to leave our school and attend middle school - as an engaged scholar, adept at time management and accustomed to rigorous academics. Our students are outgoing, warm and accepting, having experienced a mixed-age classroom where everyone feels important.
- We allow each student to learn at her own pace, encouraging her to make good choices, solve problems and develop superior time management skills. There is an overall sense of calm in our classrooms, so students do not feel pressured to complete a project according to a set schedule. At the same time, they do understand the scope of their responsibilities and are self-directed to master tasks.
Our classrooms are organized into 3-year age spans, so each child takes his turn among the youngest, middle and oldest in the class, interacting as people do in the real world. The younger children are inspired by watching the older ones, while older students teach the younger children - an essential component in the learning process.
Days are divided into 3-hour work cycles, where students explore concepts one at a time until they are ready to move on to another. Our curriculum highlights a single topic across multiple subjects, and students focus on different areas of interest until every required task is completed. Classrooms utilize natural materials - with everything child-sized and well organized. As children grow, simple concepts become abstract, and deeper meaning unfolds.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 920 Youngsford Road, Gladwyne, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2021 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.