American Section Lycee International, Paris:
Situated in St. Germain en Laye, in the western suburbs of Paris, the American Section provides an American educational and cultural experience of exceptional quality within the Lycée International de St. Germain-en-Laye, a French public school comprised of thirteen international sections, including German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Russian and Italian. We provide an English/French bilingual with a special adaptation year for non-French speakers (Français Spécial).
The American Section prepares students to become lifelong learners and global citizens by:
- Fostering intellectual curiosity and self-confidence that help students realize their full potential; and
- Developing students’ leadership abilities and sense of responsibility towards others.
The American Section pursues this mission through a rigorous and rewarding American curriculum which culminates in the French Baccalaureate with International Option, as well as through a broad and enriching co-curricular program including such activities as drama, community service, sports and student publications.
- Primary Curricula Program (Pre-Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- Secondary Curricula Program (6th Grade-12th Grade). Subjects include English, French, Geography, History, Art, Science.
- We use an English/French bilingual system with a special adaptation year for non-French speakers (français spécial).
American Section students get the full benefit of an excellent French public school education. In addition they spend 6-8 hours a week receiving US grade-equivalent instruction.
- US Curriculum: American or Canadian teachers using American textbooks and teaching methods work closely with all American Section students and support them in their extracurricular as well as academic endeavors. Language and literature, history and social sciences are taught in English and adapted to requirements of the American educational system. The American Section of the Lycée International uses standardized testing to measure achievements relative to schools in the US and students typically reintegrate at their appropriate grade level.
- French Curriculum: French language and literature, geography, math and sciences, are taught in French by certified teachers, and follow the French national curriculum. Considered one of the most complete and challenging worldwide, it prepares students for entry into the world's best universities. The Lycée International is consistently rated one of France's top schools with a success rate of 99-100% in the French Baccalaureate.
- Français Special: Not surprisingly, many American Section students arrive with little working knowledge of French. While these students pursue the normal American Section curriculum, the Français Spécial (FS) program gives them extra support in their first year by placing them with French curriculum teachers experienced in accommodating their particular linguistic needs. Thereafter, FS students attend normal French curriculum classes with the option to continue with French language tutoring as needed.
Our faculty members are natives of either the United States or Canada, and all received their teaching credentials there.
American Section students are strongly encouraged to participate in a wide range of co-curricular activities. Possibilities range from theater, singing and jazz band to sports, student publications, Model United Nations, humanitarian and ecological action groups to community service.
Classroom with Walls activites are organized for many grades. 6th and 8th graders explore Paris while 7th graders spend three days in Amsterdam on a tolerance, diversity and sustainability trip, 10th graders spend three days in Auvergne rock climbing, hiking and bike riding, and 11th graders travel to Caen to explore WWII sites.
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Address: St. Germain en Laye, Paris, France|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2019 Learn4Good Ltd: Site listing Education Programs, Career Training & Jobs worldwide.