The Soundscape Recording Studio, Detroit: The Soundscape Studio & School for the Recording Arts offers State-Licensed Recording & Mixing Classes on location at our Royal Oak facility located just 20 minutes north of downtown Detroit MI. Our popular recording & mixing programs not only allow students the opportunity to work in a state of the art facility with some of the industry’s most top rated gear, but they get to do it all one on one with a certified experienced instructor.
Audio Engineering / Music Production Courses: Creative Studio Recording: Duration: 8 Weeks / 80 Hours
Course Outline includes: - A Comprehensive Study Of Studio Lingo & Terminology - Anatomy of Dynamic/ Condenser & Ribbon Microphones - DAW & Outboard Routing - Full Band Isolated Multi-Track Recording - Full Band Single Room Multi-Track Recording - General Navigation of The Recording Studio - Microphone Choice & Placement Techniques - Piano Recording Techniques - Recording Drums & Percussion - Recording The Electric & Acoustic Guitar - Recording The Electric & Upright Bass - Recording With Compressors & Limiters - Understanding Frequency Response - Using Direct Boxes in Conjunction With Microphone Recording - Vocal Recording Techniques
Course Outline includes: - "Cracking The Compressor" An In Depth Formula For Success - Analyzing Professional Mixes & Breaking Down Traditional Mixing Styles - Compressing Your Master Buss - Compression Techniques For Creating "Fatter" Mixes - Creating Your "Stereo Image" With Three Dimensional Mixing Strategies - Effectively Creating Space With Reverbs, Delays & Gates - EQ (How To Use It & What Not To Do) - Preparing The Final Mixes For The Mastering Engineer - Preparing The Final Mixes For Your Client - Taking Advantage Of Good Gain Structure Throughout The Mixing Process - Understanding "Inserts, Sends & Returns" - Various Multing, Comping & Parallel
Complete Studio Engineering: Duration: 16 Weeks / 160 Hours
This course combines the Creative Studio Recording course and the Advanced Master Mixing course with an Intro To Mastering: Course Outline Additionally Includes: - Analyzing Your Mixes - Final EQ Adjustments For A Commercial Sounding Mix - Final Loudness Curve - Smoothing Out Peaks Using Compressors & Limiters - Understanding RMS & Peak values
• Study for 1, 2 or 3 semesters at the UK’s No. 1 arts university!
• Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) is a leading university specialising in arts, performance, design, and media education. Easily accessible less than 2 hours south of London by train, AUB provides study abroad BA (Hons) courses for US / international students & professionals who wish to spend time abroad in pursuit of careers in creative arts, graphic design, interior design, textiles, fashion, makeup, animation, visual communication, event management, architecture, dance, acting, film production, photography, & more.
• Our short study abroad courses are designed for students who want to spend time learning in the UK, developing their creative skills and perhaps gaining credits towards their university degree, but do not necessarily want to spend as much as 2-3 years studying in the UK.
• Students are fully integrated with our full-time BA (Hons) degree students, and these courses can be taken for 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms.
• If you can't find the exact course you want, we can design a course tailored to your individual needs. You can join several groups of students on a range of different courses and also receive one-to-one tuition.
• We also provide summer study abroad programs.
"The facilities that the Arts University Bournemouth has to offer are absolutely amazing. First off, the library was one of the most resourceful places I have come across in my entire stay there." - Orlando, USA, Animation Production
Wisconsin Conservatory of Music is a music school that offers beginner to advanced level music classes to children, teens, and adults. With three branches across the Milwaukee Metropolitan area, in Bayside, Brookfield, and downtown Milwaukee, the Conservatory offers a wide assortment of classes in different instruments including piano, guitar, percussion, jazz instruments, and more. At the Conservatory, we strive to provide the finest music education experience for both professionals and beginners alike.
In addition to our traditional instrument classes, we also provide voice training, music theory classes, and our stimulating music therapy and wellness program. We also take part in community music programs across the Greater Milwaukee area. With over one hundred years of music teaching experience and a highly knowledgeable faculty, we have the skills to help our students excel and reach their full potential.
Whether you are a parent looking to introduce your child to music or an adult wanting to realize your dream of playing your favorite instrument, the Conservatory will be able to provide a rich and fulfilling experience for you to create a lifetime of enjoyment.
• Become a certified spray tan professional on-site in Detroit or from the comfort of your own home or office anywhere in Michigan & across the U.S.
• Aviva Spray Tanning Academy is the leading spray tan training provider in the North-East of the U.S. Based in MI, we offer beginner to advanced level in-class (1-day) and online (4-hour) spray tan certification courses to students nationwide.
• Our courses are great preparation for those who wish, for example, to work in spas, makeup studios, hair salons, spray tanning salons and mobile spray tanning businesses as a sunless tanning consultant.
• Whether you are brand new to the industry or if you are currently spray tanning and want to touch up on your knowledge & technique, we'll give you the practical tips you need.
• Graduates receive a Certificate at the end of their course.
Student Review: "I have been able to complete the online training and it has helped not only with spray tanning but it has also helped me with selling product in my skincare line."
- Renee Knipp, Owner, Simply You Skincare, Milton WI
Randy's Recording and Production, located near Cottage Grove, Madison, south-central Wisconsin, is the oldest living recording studio in the area offering instruction in music, recording, mixing, mastering, producing, stage and studio performance, and songwriting. Full digital and analogue recording, mixing, and mastering is available to fit any schedule.
Randy Green, owner, BA Philos/Psych, is also a University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Instructor.
The College for Creative Studies, formerly known as the Center for Creative Studies, is one of the nation's leading arts education institutions. CCS is a private, fully accredited, four-year college located in Detroit, MI, offering Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in 12 studio majors, as well as Graduate Degree programs. The College provides a dynamic learning environment where students explore issues of art and design, and the culture in which they exist, while preparing for careers in the professional world.
While Detroit offers all the advantages you would expect from a big city, it is unique in many ways. For one, it's affordable. The city is also one of the largest markets in the country for advertising, industrial design and publishing which means students have access to internships, jobs, and faculty mentors who are active in their fields. Ultimately, Detroit has been known for making things this combination of craftsmanship and technology make it a perfect place for an art and design school.
CCS has one of the world's most recognized programs in transportation design and places more graduates in the automotive industry than any other school.
Hosted on campus at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor MI, iD Tech Camps offers week-long day & overnight summer camps for kids and teens (ages 7-17). Our MI technology and computer science camps immerse students in the collegiate experience. Students build STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in our tech labs, eat in the university dining hall, explore the UM campus, and make friends for life! These highly-stimulating summer tech camps are suitable for beginner through advanced learners, and cover popular subjects such as video game design, robotics, mobile applications, programming, and web design among others. Courses are designed so that you can register for one or multiple weeks (further camps).
This unique tech camp environment unites students who often have similar interests, providing a foundation for new, long-term friendships.
“iD Tech Camps provided a great learning experience with great programs…I learned so much, thanks.” - Hunter K., Student, University of Michigan
- Adventures in Programming
- Adventures in Game Design
- Intro to Programming with Scratch & Java
- 3D Game Design
- Game Design & Graphic Arts Hybrid
- Role-Playing Game Design with RPG Maker
- Game Design for iPhone & iPad
- Programming in Java
- Game Modding & Java Coding
- Game Programming
- 3D Level Design - Portal 2 & Team Fortress 2
- FPS Game Design - Unreal Engine
- Autodesk Maya - 3D Modeling & Animation
- Web Design & Digital Photography...