Arts University Bournemouth:
Are you an aspiring actor? Study acting at one of the UK's top specialist arts training institutions - Arts University Bournemouth (AUB). Located on the south coast of England, just two hours from London, AUB offers study abroad programs for international students who would like to spend one, two, or three terms studying arts in the UK. Ideal for those who wish to experience life in a top arts university in the UK without needing to commit to a long stay, these short programs are available in a range of arts and design subjects, including acting. Our highly-practical acting course aims to provide you with a thorough preparation for a successful career. You will study alongside our full-time degree students and benefit from the full range of resources available.Email: Contact us belowStudy Abroad BA (Hons) Acting Program:
Duration: 1 term, 2 terms, or 3 terms. Courses start in September and January each year.
Join our Bachelor of Arts
(BA) in Acting degree program, access our outstanding facilities, and earn credit towards your university degree!
In this comprehensive course, you will develop specialist knowledge and skills in a creative studio environment.
You will learn the key skills required to respond to the diverse demands of the industry, and how to become a creative, flexible and independent artist.
Practical studies available depend on which term you attend, and may include:
- Acting Fundamentals - exercises and improvisation exploring basic concepts and skills.
- Shakespeare Workshop - Exploration of heightened texts through scene study and practical explorations.
- Psychological Realism - Scene study, script analysis, and performance from a Stanislavskian approach.
- Actor and Audience - Through devised processes and practical exercises, you will question the nature of the theatrical event and its intent. Units of movement, voice and singing classes support the other units of study.
- Recorded Performance 1 - Approaches to performing for the camera.
All candidates who wish to complete a Study Abroad Acting course at AUB need to submit a portfolio or a videotaped audition. Your portfolio will be reviewed by the course leader and a panel who will determine the most appropriate year of study in the course for you.
Previous experience in acting and sufficient English language skills are required. Certain other prerequisites may apply to some units.
University / College Credit:
It is possible for students to transfer credits earned on modules completed at AUB to their own universities. On successful completion of a semester course, you will be given a certificate showing the credits you have earned at AUB.