Holistic medicine schools in DC area: Natural health care career training programs for students in Maryland & Virginia. Homeopathy, naturopathy certification, herbalism, reflexology & aromatherapy classes, complementary medicine certificate courses in Washington DC.
Washington Institute of Natural Medicine: Washington Institute of Natural Medicine is an accredited natural health care center conveniently located on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C, serving students in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. The Washington Institute offers a wide range of natural healthcare career training programs that include Reflexology, Acupressure, Reiki, Holistic Health, Holistic Nutrition, Guided Imagery, Homeopathy and Naturopathy. Classes can be taken on-location or through online / distance learning. We also have satellite locations in Maryland: Rockville, Kensington and Gaithersburg.
Our director Dr. Victoria Goldsten has had over 30 years of health care experience. Our practitioners have over 100 years of combined experience. The center's staff includes Doctors of Naturopathy, Doctors of Integrative Homeopathy, certified and licensed practitioners, and natural health care interns. Accreditation: The Washington Institute of Natural Medicine (WINM) is accredited through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and the American Alternative Medical Association.
Natural Healthcare Certification Programs: We offer a wide range of natural health care certification classes. Classes can be taken on-location or through online / distance learning.
- Holistic Health
- Holistic Laboratory Technology
- Holistic Nutrition
- Body Wrap Training
- Introduction To Crystal Chakra Balancing
- Feng Shui Level 1 & 2
- Chinese Medicinal Herbs
- Herbology (Medicinal), Levels 1-4
- Foods For Health
- Master Herbalist program
- Guided Imagery, and more...
As a student and graduate of Washington Institute of Natural Medicine’s educational programs, a student is entitled to the following:
- Professional Certification: Upon completion of required classes a student can sit for the American Naturopathic and Holistic Association’s (ANHA) professional Certification exams. These exams provide the proper credentials needed to practice many forms of natural health care and complementary medicine therapies.
- Free Professional Membership: Students automatically receive free professional Membership with the American Naturopathic and Holistic Association.
- Free Employment Services Listing And Professional Certificate
- Free Advice For New Graduates
- Free Guidance In Obtaining Professional Liability Insurance
- Doctor Of Naturopathy Or Homeopathy Degree Experiential Learning Credit
- Free Consultation Regarding Local Metropolitan Area Requirements
- Preparation For National Certification
Emory & Henry College, in Emory, Southwest Virginia, is a liberal arts college offering more than 25 academic undergraduate degree programs of study, and more than 50 Bachelor degree programs. Academic course categories include Political Science, English, History, Business Administration, and more. Founded in 1836, Emory & Henry is the oldest college in Southwest Virginia. It is also one of the few colleges in the South to have operated more than 160 years under the same name and with the same affiliation: the United Methodist Church.
Students complete a required liberal arts core curriculum that spans four years and emphasizes a global perspective on history, literature, and culture.
Emory & Henry College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's and master's degrees.
More than 50 extra and co-curricular clubs and organizations are active on Emory & Henry's campus, including student media and student government, academic and interest groups, honor societies, performance groups, religious organizations, an active outdoor club and fraternities and sororities.
Accredited Online, Distance Learning & Live Training.
Based in Baltimore MD, Behavioral Health & Leadership Dynamics (BHLD) provides organizational training, management training, individual & executive coaching services to professionals, supervisors, managers, senior personnel, executive directors, board members, and CEOs.
Our certification programs are taught onsite and online to individuals & corporations in Virginia, and across the U.S.
Aligned with best practices in the field of coaching and human services, BHLD life coaching and leadership training programs are highly-regarded by governmental agencies, the private sector, and the healthcare community.
Distance education offers a flexible & convenient way to learn, and allows you to schedule your study around your work & family life.
BHLD’s coach training is accredited by the Centers for Credentialing and Education (CCE).
In addition, BHLD is approved as an authorized sponsor of continuing education by the following organizations: National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC); American Psychological Association (APA); and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).
Endorsement: “I want to commend you on the excellent coaching you’ve provided to several of our up-and-coming executives.
Since working with you, all have shown visible improvement in the key areas identified for development and each has attributed this growth to the coaching sessions with you."
- Peter Emmons, President of Structure Group Inc.
Fast-Track Certification Programs for Individuals: CEUs available for some professionals
- Life/Spiritual Mentor
- Life Coach
- Master Life Coach
- Health & Wellness Practitioner
- Corporate Life Coach
- "Start Your Business" - Online Course as a Add-on to the certification programs
Fast-Track Corporate Training for Businesses & Organizations:
- Corporate Life Coach
- Leadership Coach
- Executive Coach
- Organizational Consultant
We also provide Continuing Education for coaches, professional counselors, psychologists & social workers.
The Catholic University of America (CUA), located in Northeast Washington, D.C., is the national university of the Roman Catholic Church offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of architecture and planning, arts and sciences, engineering, music, nursing and philosophy. The Catholic University of America was founded in 1887 by the U.S. Catholic bishops with the support of Pope Leo XIII. Established as a graduate research center, the university began offering undergraduate education in 1904 and today is home to 12 schools and 21 research facilities. Catholic University is the only American university with ecclesiastical faculties granting canonical degrees in three disciplines.
Through the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies, CUA offers evening, accelerated and online courses for working professionals.
Accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools as well as many disciplinary accrediting organizations, CUA enjoys a distinguished history and has filled an important niche.
Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs are available through our 12 schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Arts and Sciences
- Canon Law
- Library and Information Science
- Professional Studies
- Social Service
- Theology and Religious Studies
- Evening, accelerated and online programs for working professionals.
- Summer Programs are available for undergraduate, graduate and high school students.
New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies
Courses / Programs
• New Eden School of Natural Health and Herbal Studies provides a wide range of accredited online certificate, diploma and degree courses (including doctorate programs) in the fields of naturopathy, holistic health, natural medicine, and nutrition.
• Our quality programs are studied online in Washington DC area, across the U.S., Canada, UK, and worldwide.
• Based in Indiana, our mission is to offer students the best accredited online educational programs in natural health and herbal studies that are available.
• Studying with New Eden is easy and affordable. You can start studying with New Eden whenever you want and learn at your own pace.
• Our distance learning courses allow you the convenience and flexibility of studying in your own home or office, and at times that best suit your schedule.
• New Eden has full accreditation with the American Council for Holistic Medicine (ACHM), which provides clinical training for graduates.
• We also have school approval with the American Naturopathic Certification Board, and the International Association of Natural Health Practitioners (IANHP).
Student Testimonial: "Thank you so much for your assistance and advice while I was enrolled in the ND program. I experienced first rate advice and guidance from you and the staff. All of my calls and emails were answered in a very timely manner."
- Thomas, Doctor of Naturopathy Graduate
Hampden-Sydney College is a private four-year liberal arts college located 60 miles south-west of Richmond, Virginia, that offers undergraduate degree programs for men. Programs include Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Biology, and more.
Hampden-Sydney's liberal arts curriculum is directed toward the cultivation of a literate, articulate, and critical mind through the study of the sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences. The College offers over 25 majors and over 20 minors toward a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
Since 1775, the mission of Hampden-Sydney College has been to form good men and good citizens in an atmosphere of sound learning. The College expects its students to be gentlemen of good moral character and to be active and informed participants in the life of their communities. Through their work in classes, students realize that learning is fulfilling work, and fulfilling work draws on learning.
Hampden-Sydney College is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).