1.Accademia Britannica - International House, Rome
Courses / Programs
Accademia Britannica - International House Rome offers English teacher training courses to students from around the world. We offer the University of Cambridge ESOL CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults); DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) and CELTYL (Extension Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young Learners). We are the only Cambridge ESOL Authorized Centre in Rome.
CELTA is the most widely recognised initial professional qualification accredited level 5 on the UK National Qualification Framework (NQF). Our CELTA course provides initial training in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), but will also suit students who are already in the profession but who have no formal or practical qualification.
The DELTA qualification is designed for practising and experienced English language teachers. The course is delivered in 2 basic ways around the world: online and face to face. These methods combined give a third format of delivery: blended learning.
"I really enjoyed the course, although it was intense and sometimes stressful. I feel the support from the trainers was great, they were very encouraging and provided very constructive feedback. They also acted as good role models in terms of their attitudes and teaching styles. Thank you! - Sarah F.
- University of Cambridge ESOL CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults): semi-intensive (3 months) and intensive (4 weeks) courses all year round.
- University of Cambridge ESOL DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults): new modular DELTA available face to face, online and blended learning
- University of Cambridge ESOL CELTYL (Extension Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young Learners)
• StudyCELTA works closely with some of the world’s leading TEFL English teacher training providers.
• With a training centre located in the heart of historic Rome, just minutes from the Coliseum, we offer full-time and part-time Cambridge CELTA courses to local and international students who are interested in teaching English in Italy, across Europe, and around the world.
• Taught by industry professionals and featuring real-life teaching practice, our full-time CELTA course lasts for 4 weeks, while we also offer a part-time, 11-week CELTA course.
• Our CELTA courses teach the principles of effective teaching and a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners. You will have hands-on teaching practice and observe experienced teachers.
Student Testimonial: “CELTA prepared me for my ESL teaching career and I would not be able to teach without it. After networking with many experienced teachers and employers, I have understood that it is absolutely impossible to obtain a teaching job at a reputable organisation without CELTA.” - Maheyrin, Australia
Full-time Cambridge CELTA English Teaching Certificate Program: • Duration: 4-weeks
• Intensive classes taught by industry professionals
• 2-hours of teaching practice per day
Part-time Cambridge CELTA English Teaching Certificate Program: • Duration: 11-weeks
CELTA Units of Learning: • Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
• Language analysis and awareness
• Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
• Planning and resources for different contexts
• Developing teaching skills and professionalism
International TEFL and TESOL Training (ITTT) is a professional training organization that offers a four-week internationally-accredited TEFL certificate course in Rome, Italy, as well as in a wide variety of other locations worldwide. In addition, we offer online TEFL certification programs.
On completing our classroom-based TEFL course, participants will receive an internationally-recognized certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The course has a very practical emphasis and features a high proportion of actual teaching practice hours in the classroom with English learners of all levels. Our TEFL course is externally validated and moderated by the BOAA (Board of Academic Advisors).
Rome has been at the forefront of European history, culture and religion for thousands of years. Few cities in the world can rival the wealth of history and beauty that can be witnessed here, with the architectural wonders of the Closseum, Trevi Fountain, and the ruins of the Roman Forum and so much more.